The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think anyone is saying there hasn't been any missteps. I had my apprehensions at the beginning. And let's not forget the untimely PR blunders. The weird and contradictory tweets. Mis-pronouncing players' names. Elway didn't glide into this. But I think you have to look at the aggregate of his work and the proof is in the wins.
Then you should re-read the thread, because mentioning any of it makes people lose their **** out of context.

As far as the second bold goes, that's exactly the point I've been making. Do I have to re-post it a third time?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #52
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

John Elway thanks his friendship with Peyton Manning and luck from the draft gods to be in a prime position to draft a generational pass rusher.
KCStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
For sure. But people can't be enthralled in their circle-jerk of positivity and completely ignore the negatives in a VERY mixed bag.

One last time:
I agree with all this.

I just think all GM's have a pretty mixed bag when it comes to their job.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
John Elway thanks his friendship with Peyton Manning and luck from the draft gods to be in a prime position to draft a generational pass rusher.
So Elway gets no credit for luring Manning?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #55
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I find it laughable when people compare economics of the work place to the NFL environment, but as far as DUIs within a front office position, I don't see why that's any different. John Elway isn't their father, and even though this happened to two people, it still remains anecdotal and not some sign of a greater problem.

I guess I just don't see the big deal with this considering it'll have zero impact on the product on the field.
I beg your pardon, did you just say losing the Director of Player Personnel indefinitely and the Director of Pro Personnel for a month will have zero impact on the product on the field?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Those HAVE been our two BIGGEST windfalls, but there's been a quite a bit more that has contributed to the team's current success.

In fact, I'd say our staffing has been every bit as vital. John Fox and Del Rio have been MONSTER acquisitions as well as the rest of the staff.

Dan Koppen was subtle signing that ended up perfectly.

Drafting Wolfe seems to be a REALLY solid pick and Orlando Franklin has already proven a very capable player at a premium position.

Though currently maligned, Rahim Moore's developed quickly into a solid player and when healthy Quentin Carter looked great.

The draft is going to look even better after Ball runs through the league.

We signed several good depth and situational impact guys from Ramirez (who ended up starting most of the year) to Holliday.

While I see where you're coming from, saying that's the extent of his current success is every bit as ignorant as the people preaching only the positives.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #57
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
So Elway gets no credit for luring Manning?
Who was he competing against again?

Peyton basically eliminated every NFC team bc he didn't want to play against Eli. Pioli's reputation was terrible, the Titans just suck and I believe Miami was trying too? Yeah no.

A ton of important pieces to your team were here when before Elway was hired. Decker, Thomas, Champ, Clady and I believe another starting OL.

And if you think Welker came to Denver because Elway lured him, you're nuts. He came because of one reason: Manning.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #58
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Who was he competing against again?

Peyton basically eliminated every NFC team bc he didn't want to play against Eli. Pioli's reputation was terrible, the Titans just suck and I believe Miami was trying too? Yeah no.

A ton of important pieces to your team were here when before Elway was hired. Decker, Thomas, Champ, Clady and I believe another starting OL.

And if you think Welker came to Denver because Elway lured him, you're nuts. He came because of one reason: Manning.
See above.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #59
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Those HAVE been our two BIGGEST windfalls, but there's been a quite a bit more that has contributed to the team's current success.

In fact, I'd say our staffing has been every bit as vital. John Fox and Del Rio have been MONSTER acquisitions as well as the rest of the staff.

Dan Koppen was subtle signing that ended up perfectly.

Drafting Wolfe seems to be a REALLY solid pick and Orlando Franklin has already proven a very capable player at a premium position.

Though currently maligned, Rahim Moore's developed quickly into a solid player and when healthy Quentin Carter looked great.

The draft is going to look even better after Ball runs through the league.

We signed several good depth and situational impact guys from Ramirez (who ended up starting most of the year) to Holliday.

While I see where you're coming from, saying that's the extent of his current success is every bit as ignorant as the people preaching only the positives.
I agree with everything but the safeties. I wasn't impressed with Moore. He benefited from the pass rush and his "mistake" has ultimately defined him.

But Manning and Von are both top 10 players in the league. They are the driving force behind your team and I don't consider those "great" GM moves.

IMO great GM's showoff their talents in April (well now it's May). They have to be great scouts and form a good draft room. GM's of the Seahawks, Giants, Packers, Ravens and Steelers are top 5 IMO. They have proven time and again to draft their teams into championship level squads.

I haven't seen Elway do that yet.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-16-2013 at 11:46 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #60
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
There were plenty of people on here that were upset that Elway took Miller to put him in a system that doesn't fit him. Miller wasn't even being talked about until after the senior bowl and combine. Everyone wanted Peterson or Darius so kudos that Elway took Miller.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #61
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Attached Images

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #62
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
There were plenty of people on here that were upset that Elway took Miller to put him in a system that doesn't fit him. Miller wasn't even being talked about until after the senior bowl and combine. Everyone wanted Peterson or Darius so kudos that Elway took Miller.
Von was a monster at Texas A&M when he racked up all those sacks (17 I believe?).

It was at the Senior Bowl where people knew he was special. Hell when people say that he is the closest thing to Derrick Thomas that we've seen in years, it's an obvious move to draft the kid.
Adam Schefter and Jon Gruden were pimping the kid up because they, along with everybody else, knew he was special.

He flashed that insane speed and showed off his hand skills at the Senior Bowl. Hell nobody could stop him.

It's the same thing with Eric Fisher. Nobody could beat him in the one-on-one drills and everybody knew he was going to be damn good. Like Von, he just owned the best talent at the Senior Bowl. Both made it look effortless.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #63
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

Attached Images

Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #64
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Rivers played like **** last year compared to his awesome seasons before, thanks to his OL.

And it kinda changes things that Welker is now on Manning's team.

Dumbass.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #65
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I agree with everything but the safeties. I wasn't impressed with Moore. He benefited from the pass rush and his "mistake" has ultimately defined him.

But Manning and Von are both top 10 players in the league. They are the driving force behind your team and I don't consider those "great" GM moves.

IMO great GM's showoff their talents in April (well now it's May). They have to be great scouts and form a good draft room. GM's of the Seahawks, Giants, Packers, Ravens and Steelers are top 5 IMO. They have proven time and again to draft their teams into championship level squads.

I haven't seen Elway do that yet.
Carter was fantastic in 2011 and Moore really did play well last year. Considering it's a cerebral position, they should progress by leaps and bounds. And they didn't benefit a ton from pressure when blitzers left a lot of extra ground to cover.

I agree about great GM's showing off their talents in April, but while you consider this a failing of Elway in reality it has been two years (seriously, last ****ing time I repeat myself on this, please) AND IS TOO SOON TO TELL.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #66
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Rivers played like **** last year compared to his awesome seasons before, thanks to his OL.

Dumbass.

Son, your card is pulled. Your opinions are that of a confused child that wanders into a middle of a conversation of grown people discussing the NFL. Please find the nearest exit and waddle back to chefs planet.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #67
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I think you mean consensus or add nothing and just say favorites. Perennial means year in/out, and we have not been that for some time.

No, I meant what I said, The second we signed Peyton Manning we became perennial Super Bowl contenders until further notice.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #68
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Dumbass.
Rivers has been dog crap for a couple years now. You wouldn't know this though since you actually thought Croyle was the franchise QB for the queefs and they didn't need to address the issue anymore.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #69
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Rivers has been dog crap for a couple years now. You wouldn't know this though since you actually thought Croyle was the franchise QB for the queefs and they didn't need to address the issue anymore.
That's merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to kcdud's Complete ineptitude when it comes to prognosticating.

He makes Mel Kiper & Todd McShea look competent by comparison.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #70
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

And who ever this reverend guy is he just neg repped me for my Ty Warren comment.

Hey! Kcdud...take this clown with you...

Old 07-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #71
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Sheeptstud 2011: Manning threw to Wayne, Garcon and Clark. Now he has to throw to the likes of Decker and Thomas.

Sheepstud 2013: Manning came here getting to throw to guys like Decker and Thomas.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #72
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm your huckleberry.

Elway inherited Warren and got him to restructure. Probably should have been cut, but he tried to make due with what he had.

Tracy Porter was on a cheap, one year deal who helped ice the Steelers game in prime time. Worth the gamble.

Mike Adams was sadly an upgrade over the crap we had at safety. Again, super cheap and a veteran. Also, there were literally no other safeties available in free agency. It was an inexpensive upgrade at a critical position.

Joe Mays. This is a head-scratcher and the first criticism outside of Warren (which was actually not handled horribly) that is legit.

Oh yeah! "Just" those guys, including one of the greatest QB's in the history of the game. But let's minimize that as much as possible by lumping several starters including the most important position, and best player, into one small blip after listing a bunch of cheap no-names.

Are you trolling now? Win now mode means drafting someone who wouldn't see the field?

And I expect this year that to change with guys like Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Jeremy Beal, Julius Thomas (I know), Virgil Green and Nate Irving. I also think Kavon Webster and Quanterus Smith could possibly see some time toward the end of the season this year.

I honestly think you, SoCal and other Shanafan's are quick to nitpick Elway and company, and at best, reluctant to admit the successes this front office has had because it's comparatively made Shanahan look bad as a GM. They've rebuilt the Broncos in two years while already tying the number of division wins that Shanahan had in his entire tenure here. And this is a front office that inherited Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow at QB.

You should give that boy a peanut after you ass raped him like that.

REP!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #73
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
And who ever this reverend guy is he just neg repped me for my Ty Warren comment.

Hey! Kcdud...take this clown with you...

It said "Numb-nutz "

Glad you take it seriously enough to make a post whining about it though.

Have some more
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #74
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Son, your card is pulled. Your opinions are that of a confused child that wanders into a middle of a conversation of grown people discussing the NFL. Please find the nearest exit and waddle back to chefs planet.

This would have been funnier if you would have posted the big lebowski clip with it.

Mark it zero, good sir.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #75
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

[QUOTE=TheReverend;3877847]Then you should re-read the thread, because mentioning any of it makes people lose their **** out of context.

As far as the second bold goes, that's exactly the point I've been making. Do I have to re-post it a third time?[/QUOTE]

No, no I think it would be better if you go poop in your hat.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote