The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #401
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

As long as there is no fax machine snafu this time I will be happy.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #402
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

The Denver Broncos are fast approaching their Monday deadline to get a long-term deal with Ryan Clady done, but they aren't too concerned, according to a report from Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports. Instead, the team says they are "optimistic" that a deal will get done very shortly that takes the offensive tackle off the franchise tag and keeps him long-term.

If the Broncos are unable to reach a deal with Clady by Monday, he'll instead be relegated to a one-year deal that pays him in the top five at his position.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #403
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

In other news;

Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman doesn't want to be just another guy. Instead, he wants to be the feature back in the offense, according to the Denver Post.

Hillman, a second-year back out of San Diego State, is hoping to become the main ball carrier on a team with expectations of Super Bowl or bust in the Mile High city. With the release of Willis McGahee earlier in the offseason, there is an opening for someone to fill the void. Per the article:

"Come the opener, I want to be the guy back there," Hillman said. "I can't lie. I want it to be me and I'm pushing to be that guy."
Hillman will have some competition for the spot, with former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno still in the fold and rookie Montee Ball from Wisconsin coming in to challenge.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #404
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Hillman will have some competition for the spot, with former first-round pick rookie Montee Ball from Wisconsin coming in to challenge.
I fixed it now. There is no way Moreno will be the guy for a long period of time. Denver should really just use him as 3rd down back for his pass protection and not give him too many carries so he stays healthy.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #405
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
In other news;

Denver Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman doesn't want to be just another guy. Instead, he wants to be the feature back in the offense, according to the Denver Post.
Some people might not realize it, but Ronnie Hillman came up with some big runs against the Ravens. He's the real deal, and is still only 21 years old.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #406
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
ESPN reporting that Broncos offer Clady 5 year $52.5M contract with ($33M guaranteed).

Sounds about right. Get 'er done!
That would be perfect....... neither one of these greedy ****ers should disagree with it.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #407
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Get the damn deal done, it will take away a little of the mud off Denver's face from the Dumervil fiasco and the 2 recent DUIs and give the team some positive vibes heading into training camp.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #408
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
In other news;

Hillman, a second-year back out of San Diego State, is hoping to become the main ball carrier on a team with expectations of Super Bowl or bust in the Mile High city. With the release of Willis McGahee earlier in the offseason, there is an opening for someone to fill the void. Per the article:

"Come the opener, I want to be the guy back there," Hillman said. "I can't lie. I want it to be me and I'm pushing to be that guy."
Hillman will have some competition for the spot, with former first-round pick Knowshon Moreno still in the fold and rookie Montee Ball from Wisconsin coming in to challenge.
I am optimistic in him being a Darren Sproles type for us. Not a feature back but a situational home run threat.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #409
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Some people might not realize it, but Ronnie Hillman came up with some big runs against the Ravens.
Now you're just making things up. I just re-looked at the game log to see what he did. 3 runs that resulted in 1st downs and one of them was towards the end of the 4th quarter when we ran out the clock and the Ravens were playing prevent d expecting us to pass.

He got stuffed numerous times with one and two yards to go for a first down, including at key points at the end of the 3rd quarter and in OT.

Please give me examples of those "big runs", cause I'm just not seeing it.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #410
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Now you're just making things up. I just re-looked at the game log to see what he did. 3 runs that resulted in 1st downs and one of them was towards the end of the 4th quarter when we ran out the clock and the Ravens were playing prevent d expecting us to pass.

He got stuffed numerous times with one and two yards to go for a first down, including at key points at the end of the 3rd quarter and in OT.

Please give me examples of those "big runs", cause I'm just not seeing it.
25 touches (including receptions) for 103 yards total. While he wasn't a gamebreaker, it was a good, solid performance from the youngest player in the NFL. And yes, he did have some big runs, in traffic, in the 2nd half. Hillman was able to pick up a first down on the last drive of the game. He did his job, unfortunately McCoy's playcalling was abysmal.

Hillman's only problem was that he was the ONLY Broncos RB available in the 2nd half who could put up decent rushes. That certainly limited his effectiveness as the game wore on, but he still played solid for the duration.

Hillman's performance during the Ravens game proved a lot to me, and to the entire Broncos front office who have praised him this offseason for his game against the Ravens. So yeah, you might want to get your eyes checked.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-14-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #411
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
25 touches (including receptions) for 103 yards total. While he wasn't a gamebreaker, it was a good, solid performance from the youngest player in the NFL. And yes, he did have some big runs, in traffic, in the 2nd half. Hillman was able to pick up a first down on the last drive of the game. He did his job, unfortunately McCoy's playcalling was abysmal.

Hillman's only problem was that he was the ONLY Broncos RB available in the 2nd half who could put up decent rushes. That certainly limited his effectiveness as the game wore on, but he still played solid for the duration.

Hillman's performance during the Ravens game proved a lot to me, and to the entire Broncos front office who have praised him this offseason for his game against the Ravens. So yeah, you might want to get your eyes checked.
If Hillman or any other RB picks up first downs in the final 4 minutes Denver wins. Just looking at a stat line and drawing conclusions that he had some 'big runs' doesn't work in this case. If he or any of the RBs had some big runs toward the end of the game Denver lines up in victory formation and takes a knee.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #412
jerseyboiler120

I don't recall any big runs by Hillman in crunch time. All it would have taken was one.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #413
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:

He proved so much the broncos drafted a Rob in the 2 and. Higher than they took hillman
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #414
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
He proved so much the broncos drafted a Rob in the 2 and. Higher than they took hillman
Yeah. I don't get the love for Hillman. I didn't see anything from him that a hundred other rookie RBs couldn't provide.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #415
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
If Hillman or any other RB picks up first downs in the final 4 minutes Denver wins. Just looking at a stat line and drawing conclusions that he had some 'big runs' doesn't work in this case. If he or any of the RBs had some big runs toward the end of the game Denver lines up in victory formation and takes a knee.
I've watched the game several times. Hillman picked up a 1st down on the ground in the last two minutes of regulation. Only problem was, McCoy's ran him too many times in a row on the last series.

While some people on the mane like to trash him, the Broncos FO recognized it, and that's why he is one of the top two backs on the squad (and currently the starter).

Hate all you want, Ronnie Hillman ain't going away.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #416
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
I've watched the game several times. Hillman picked up a 1st down on the ground in the last two minutes of regulation. Only problem was, McCoy's ran him too many times in a row on the last series.

While some people on the mane like to trash him, the Broncos FO recognized it, and that's why he is one of the top two backs on the squad (and currently the starter).

calling your post inaccurate doesn't equal hating Hillman, guy.

You said he had 'some big runs' and then when someone asked for an example of those big runs you went on to cite his stat line and later reference ONE 1st down run. As many of us had said, if Hillman or any Denver RB had some big runs down the stretch, Denver wins. It didn't happen. That doesn't mean ppl hate Hillman.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #417
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

So he really didn't have any big runs?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #418
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Drafting Montee doesn't mean anything other than Knowshon's not consistently healthy enough to be a reliable #2.

It's Ball's job to lose but it's an irrelevant job title imo. Carries will be split Jonathan Stewart DeAngelo Williams style.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #419
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
calling your post inaccurate doesn't equal hating Hillman, guy.

You said he had 'some big runs' and then when someone asked for an example of those big runs you went on to cite his stat line and later reference ONE 1st down run. As many of us had said, if Hillman or any Denver RB had some big runs down the stretch, Denver wins. It didn't happen. That doesn't mean ppl hate Hillman.
I said Hillman had some big runs in the game. If you want to dispute that simple statement. Here's 5:

Broncos series at the end of 2nd Quarter (killed by multiple Hester runs and a Prater missed field goal):
1. 1-10-DEN 31 (5:19) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 42 for 11 yards (24-C.Graham; 52-R.Lewis).

2. 2-10-BAL 46 (3:16) 21-R.Hillman left end pushed ob at BAL 38 for 8 yards (29-C.Williams).

Broncos last TD drive (4th Quarter):
3. 2-3-DEN 30 (11:16) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 34 for 4 yards (31-B.Pollard).

Broncos get the ball with 3:12 in regulation (4th Quarter):
4. 1-10-DEN 31 (3:12) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 36 for 5 yards (52-R.Lewis).
5. 2-5-DEN 36 (2:30) 21-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 44 for 8 yards (24-C.Graham).

McCoy runs Hillman 3 more times in a row (with the Ravens stacking the box) to kill the Broncos drive.

Like I said, he played well throughout the game, and had some big runs. I like him, and expect him to provide a great 1-2 combo with Montee Ball this year.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #420
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
So he really didn't have any big runs?
Cool, I just wasted 10 minutes of my life coming up with proof. Much obliged. Now if you don't mind, I'm going outside to enjoy what's left of Sunday.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #421
BroncosfanGuy

Biggest rush posted=11 yards
The only run you listed as helping a scoring drive is a 4-yard carry on 2nd down?
Unable to extend a series in the 4 minute drill

Listed as evidence of a big run is a 5-yard run on 1st and 10?

I think the problem here is we have a bit of a difference in what we consider big runs.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 07-14-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Old 07-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #422
Drunken.Broncoholic

If martins mom was white and dad was black would they be calling him a white black? Pretty sure I've never heard of that term. Fact is they wanted Zimmerman to be white and were truly disappointed to find out he was Hispanic. So they continued to emphasize the white half of Zimmerman. Mexican on black crime happens all the time. It's called Sur's and Norte's against a "threat"

La Raza. Funny how no one brings up how racial that is. They can't cause they don't want to lose the La Raza votes.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #423
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If martins mom was white and dad was black would they be calling him a white black? Pretty sure I've never heard of that term. Fact is they wanted Zimmerman to be white and were truly disappointed to find out he was Hispanic. So they continued to emphasize the white half of Zimmerman. Mexican on black crime happens all the time. It's called Sur's and Norte's against a "threat"

La Raza. Funny how no one brings up how racial that is. They can't cause they don't want to lose the La Raza votes.
Da Fuq?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #424
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Hillman picked up 6 first downs against the Ravens.

Quote:
Biggest rush posted=11 yards
Hillman had runs of 11, 9, 8, 8, and 7 yards (negated by phantom holding penalty). And several more runs of 6 and 5 yards. All I'd consider as good runs.

Quote:
The only run you listed as helping a scoring drive is a 4-yard carry on 2nd down?
There are more. I didn't know you wanted me to list every single play he had in the game.

Quote:
Unable to extend a series in the 4 minute drill. Listed as evidence of a big run is a 5-yard run on 1st and 10?
Yeah that's big in the last 3 minutes of a game. The very next play he picked up a 1st down. Pardon him if he wasn't able to single-handedly overcome the entire Raven's Defense and McCoy's atrocious play-calling as he was fed the ball 5 times in a row to close out the game.

Quote:
I think the problem here is we have a bit of a difference in what we consider big runs.
What do you consider 'big' runs? Only runs of 20 yards or more for TD's? Lol.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #425
schaaf

Hahaha tardo must have been in the wrong thread