The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #476
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Then he should have stayed in the car. Getting out the car created a dangerous situation. It was his choice to do so and it made the end-result entirely avoidable. That's not self-defense. Period.
So if this had ended differently and Martin had killed Zimmerman while bashing his head into the concrete, he would be justified because Zimmerman got out of his car? Self defense started when Martin started bashing his head into the concrete.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #477
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Damn him for trying to help protect his neighborhood. Damn him for caring.
Protect the neighborhood from what? The kid was just walking home from the store.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #478
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Trayvon had a cell phone in his pocket. I wonder why he didn't call police to report that somebody was following him? Zimmerman had every right to watch Martin and see what he was up to and where he was going. He was on the neighborhood watch. All Martin had to do was continue down the walkway to the place where he was staying and then tell his father somebody was following him, or call police. Hell, if I'm a 17 year old in this situation, I run home.

According to Zimmerman's testimony, Martin hid in the bushes. Zimmerman couldn't see him in the dark and walked down to the next street, Retreat View Circle. He didn't see him on that street either, so he turned and started to walk back to his car. At the point where he got back to the walkway between the houses, Martin came out of the bushes and attacked him. Sure, if Zimmerman doesn't get out of the car, nothing happens. But if Martin doesn't double back, nothing happens either.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #479
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Protect the neighborhood from what? The kid was just walking home from the store.
The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, and one shooting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #480
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Trayvon had a cell phone in his pocket. I wonder why he didn't call police to report that somebody was following him? Zimmerman had every right to watch Martin and see what he was up to and where he was going. He was on the neighborhood watch. All Martin had to do was continue down the walkway to the place where he was staying and then tell his father somebody was following him, or call police. Hell, if I'm a 17 year old in this situation, I run home.

According to Zimmerman's testimony, Martin hid in the bushes. Zimmerman couldn't see him in the dark and walked down to the next street, Retreat View Circle. He didn't see him on that street either, so he turned and started to walk back to his car. At the point where he got back to the walkway between the houses, Martin came out of the bushes and attacked him. Sure, if Zimmerman doesn't get out of the car, nothing happens. But if Martin doesn't double back, nothing happens either.
And if Martin doesn't attack Zimmerman, nothing happens.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #481
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Now you're just making **** up. There is no evidence or testimony by zimmerman trayvon was hiding in the bushes.
Home is exactly where martin was going.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #482
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So if this had ended differently and Martin had killed Zimmerman while bashing his head into the concrete, he would be justified because Zimmerman got out of his car? Self defense started when Martin started bashing his head into the concrete.
It hasn't been proven that his head was being bashed into the concrete. The two ME's had different opinions. Additionally, it's not clear at all that Martin wasn't the one in self-defense mode. Some random, overzealous stranger starts following him in his car, he runs and hides, then the stranger gets out and starts pursuing him on foot. If that's the case, Martin had every reason to fear for his own safety. We only have Zimmerman's word about how the fight started (witnesses only saw after it already commenced). We only have his word that Martin looked "suspicious." But what we do know for sure is that the outcome would have been avoidable if Zimmerman has listened to the 9-11 operator and not pursued.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 07-12-2013 at 09:10 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #483
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, and one shooting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
So? What does that have to do with Martin?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #484
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So ****ing what. That has nothing to do with martin.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #485
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Hell, if I'm a 17 year old in this situation, I run home.
That's exactly what Martin tried to do. Even Zimmerman says on the 9-11 tape, "oh ****, he's running."
Old 07-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #486
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
According to Zimmerman, he was not just "walking home from the store." When Zimmerman first saw Martin, Martin was not on the sidewalk. He was standing in somebody's yard, in the rain, looking up at the windows of a house. Ever see the film of Zimmerman talking to the police and showing them what happened? Frankly, it doesn't strike me as if he is lying, and I'm pretty good at reading micro-expressions.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/2...-evidence-room
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #487
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And if Martin doesn't attack Zimmerman, nothing happens.
Actually it was zimmerman that attacked martin.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #488
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
According to Zimmerman, he was not just "walking home from the store." When Zimmerman first saw Martin, Martin was not on the sidewalk. He was standing in somebody's yard, in the rain, looking up at the windows of a house. Ever see the film of Zimmerman talking to the police and showing them what happened? Frankly, it doesn't strike me as if he is lying, and I'm pretty good at reading micro-expressions.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/2...-evidence-room
And if I told you I had a bridge to sell you,would you believe that.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #489
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

You guys are blind to the facts. Hell even the prosecutors pretty much conceded that Martin was on top when they brought in the dummy. Martin had injuries on his hands, Zimmerman had injuries to his face and the back of the head. You guys have no facts, just the story made up in your head.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #490
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You guys are blind to the facts. Hell even the prosecutors pretty much conceded that Martin was on top when they brought in the dummy. Martin had injuries on his hands, Zimmerman had injuries to his face and the back of the head. You guys have no facts, just the story made up in your head.
Martin being on top doesn't mean he started the fight, only that he got the best of Zimmerman once the fight started. None of the witnesses saw who started the fight. We only have Zimmerman's word for that.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #491
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
So ****ing what. That has nothing to do with martin.
Big picture facts. I understand you don't understand what facts are.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #492
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Martin being on top doesn't mean he started the fight, only that he got the best of Zimmerman once the fight started. None of the witnesses saw who started the fight. We only have Zimmerman's word for that.
But it supports self defense.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #493
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
And if I told you I had a bridge to sell you,would you believe that.
No. I just don't assume I know the facts when I don't. Either story is plausible. More of the evidence supports Zimmerman's story. Which is why police didn't prosecute in the first place.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #494
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
But it supports self defense.
If you follow someone, start a fight with them, they get the best of you, and then you shoot them, that is NOT self-defense. The person you followed and started the fight with is the one in self-defense mode.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #495
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No. I just don't assume I know the facts when I don't. Either story is plausible. More of the evidence supports Zimmerman's story. Which is why police didn't prosecute in the first place.
You're making quite the assumption that zimmerman is telling the truth,when there are too many inconsistencies in his story.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #496
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
If you follow someone, start a fight with them, they get the best of you, and then you shoot them, that is NOT self-defense. The person you followed and started the fight with is the one in self-defense mode.
Not if the person being followed has the opportunity to get away, but instead doubles back. If Zimmerman is telling the truth, he lost sight of Martin and even went the wrong way, down to the wrong street, to see where Martin had gone. Had Martin just continued on down the walkway to where he was staying, the confrontation never happens. Unless, for some reason, you assume Zimmerman is lying.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #497
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Big picture facts. I understand you don't understand what facts are.
Lol BS. It doesn't justify hunting someone down and killing him.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #498
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
You're making quite the assumption that zimmerman is telling the truth,when there are too many inconsistencies in his story.
The physical evidence supports his story.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #499
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, it really doesn't. Most of the evidence supports that Martin was walking home from the store and an overzealous Zimmerman started following him even after Martin started running to safety and the 9-11 operator asked him not to pursue. Zimmerman then exited his car to pursue Martin, got into a fight that he started losing, and then shot Martin. Zimmerman's claims about Martin acting suspicious and attacking him out of the dark aren't corroborated by any other witnesses or evidence.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #500
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not if the person being followed has the opportunity to get away, but instead doubles back. If Zimmerman is telling the truth, he lost sight of Martin and even went the wrong way, down to the wrong street, to see where Martin had gone. Had Martin just continued on down the walkway to where he was staying, the confrontation never happens. Unless, for some reason, you assume Zimmerman is lying.
No different than zimmerman staying in.his truck.