The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #1201
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
what did [sic] mean? I could almost sound out the rest of that ebonic jibberish but is that some gang crap or somehthing?
That really cracked me up. "Said incorrectly"? That needed to be pointed out?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #1202
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Carlos Ortiz, one of the alleged accomplices in the Aaron Hernandez case, says he was told that Hernandez said he killed Odin Lloyd.

More Aaron Hernandez Coverage

Court records and search warrants in the Aaron Hernandez case were unsealed Tuesday. These documents contain inappropriate language. PDF

According to court documents released Tuesday, Ortiz told police that Ernest Wallace, a second alleged accomplice, told him the day after the shooting that Hernandez admitted to killing Lloyd.

After Lloyd was shot near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass., Ortiz and Wallace returned to Bristol, Conn. That is where, according to court records made public in Florida today, Ortiz told police that Wallace said Hernandez shot Lloyd.

The documents were drawn up to justify a search of Wallace's home in Miramar, Fla., where Wallace was arrested about 10 days ago.

Also Tuesday, warrants obtained to search Hernandez's home were unsealed, showing an uncooperative Hernandez slamming his door and locking it when officers told him they were investigating a death. The documents show surveillance video of Hernandez in his home shortly after Lloyd was killed, with what appears to be a gun in his hands.

Police also served a warrant for possessions removed from Hernandez's Patriots locker. For all the searches detailed in almost 160 page of documents, the gun used to shoot and kill Lloyd is still missing.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ourt-documents
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #1203
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

What I find funny is that these gang bro's are supposed to be a tight group. And then once something goes wrong, they turn on one another faster then Bob claiming the last hot dog at a BBQ.

Even if Hernandez isn't found guilty of murder, he will be an accomplice or having some involvement. His NFL days are history.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #1204
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
That really cracked me up. "Said incorrectly"? That needed to be pointed out?

The Latin adverb sic ("thus"; in full: sic erat scriptum, "thus was it written") wiki

I always interpreted it as "exact quote", but wasn't sure. Thanks for making me look it up.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1205
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Thanks for looking it up for us.

I knew it was wrong, but I always thought it meant "spelling is correct."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #1206
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Ooh that's a good one. Maybe wiki is wrong.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #1207
Bacchus

The records also show a vehicle wanted in a double killing in Boston a year before had been rented in Hernandez's name.

Hernandez has been charged with murder in the June killing of Boston semipro football player Odin Lloyd. The records say Hernandez associate Carlos Ortiz told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez shot Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough.

The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of the home of Wallace's mother in that city.

The records also show police, while investigating Lloyd's killing, searched in Hernandez's hometown of Bristol, Conn., and found a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide near a Boston nightclub

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty in Lloyd's killing. Wallace faces an accessory to murder charge in the case and has pleaded not guilty.

Prosecutors say Hernandez, Wallace and Ortiz drove with Lloyd in a rented Nissan Altima to the industrial park where Lloyd was fatally shot.

Ortiz told police that during the drive Hernandez told Lloyd that Lloyd had been "chilling" with people Hernandez had problems with, the documents say. But Ortiz told police the two men shook hands and the problem seemed smoothed over. However, the Altima soon stopped, and everyone but Ortiz got out to urinate, according to Ortiz's account.

The witness told police he then heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the car sped away.

Ortiz said he couldn't see who fired the shots because it was dark.
Meanwhile, eight search warrants were unsealed in Massachusetts after news organizations sought access to them.

Records show Hernandez became "argumentative" during his first encounter with police at his home about five hours after Lloyd's body was found by a jogger. Hernandez told police he had last seen Lloyd in Boston the day before. He asked, "What's with all the questions?" and locked the door behind him.

Read more: Aaron Hernandez fired shots, records say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2YcpaUvML

You know I wonder how many people he has killed in his life. I'll bet you anything it is more than three.

Last edited by Bacchus; 07-10-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #1208
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

I always thought spelled InCorrectly

Quote:
From Latin sīc (“thus, so”).

Latin word meaning "thus," "so," "as such," or "in such a manner." It is used when writing quoted material to indicate that an incorrect or unusual spelling, phrase, punctuation, or meaning in the quote has been reproduced verbatim from the original and is not a transcription error (that is, it appeared thus in the original). It is normally placed within the quoted material, in square brackets and often italicized—[sic]. Alternatively it can appear after the quote in parentheses (round brackets)—(sic).[1] Where the quoted material is a known error, and the correct word or phrase is known, it may be included, preceded by recte, Latin for "rightly"; this is common in palaeography.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sic

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-10-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #1209
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

SIC

Suffering Itchy Cornhole

Appropriate for prison, I suppose.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #1210
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

You know I wonder how many people he has killed in his life. I'll bet you anything it is more than three.
I don't know about that. He really seams like the worst murderer ever. If he did I think he would have been caught.
Drunk Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #1211
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
What I find funny is that these gang bro's are supposed to be a tight group. And then once something goes wrong, they turn on one another faster then Bob claiming the last hot dog at a BBQ.

Even if Hernandez isn't found guilty of murder, he will be an accomplice or having some involvement. His NFL days are history.
I'm sure everyone thought the same of Ray Lewis and other NFL players that have spent time in prison. Yet they always end up back in the NFL. I won't be surprised if he's found not guilty and then back in the NFL in a few years.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #1212
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I won't be surprised if he's found not guilty and then back in the NFL in a few years.
No way. Even if a jury acquits him.....he is already guilty in the court of public opinion.

NFL teams will avoid him like the plague.....just like most of them did when he came out of college. They can't run the risk of him "going back" to the lifestyle that currently has him in deep ****.

I'd say his NFL days are over.......no matter what the verdict.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #1213
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
No way. Even if a jury acquits him.....he is already guilty in the court of public opinion.

NFL teams will avoid him like the plague.....just like most of them did when he came out of college. They can't run the risk of him "going back" to the lifestyle that currently has him in deep ****.

I'd say his NFL days are over.......no matter what the verdict.
agreed, too big of a liability for a TE
Old 07-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #1214
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You're not really going out on a limb with a statement like that seeing a three murders seem to be clearly his doing.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #1215
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It would seem possible that Hernandez giving a textbook case on how to commit murder and get caught would be linked to his getting away with murders in the past. That is, a belief he could get away with it again because he had in the past. I don't want to assume anything of his already damaged character, but the dude doesn't exactly show a lot of remorse or humanity when it comes to the entire case. That's a sign of someone who has either done it in the past or is in shock, which just seems unlikely by this point. But, really, I can't get over how flippant he and his crew were with the crime. The amount of evidence is almost hilariously abundant. He did the investigative work for the police. He might as well have waved at the cameras and left the whole gun in the rental car with his fingerprints and bill of sale on it along with a bloody Patriots jersey and the transcript of his Lloyd's final communications.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #1216
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
agreed, too big of a liability for a TE
And, I might add......even if he's found not guilty.....there will undoubtedly be a civil trial for wrongful death......and he'll lose that, similar to OJ.

So he MIGHT avoid a long prison sentence......but he'll be out of the NFL for life, and most likely penniless.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #1217
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I'm sure everyone thought the same of Ray Lewis and other NFL players that have spent time in prison. Yet they always end up back in the NFL. I won't be surprised if he's found not guilty and then back in the NFL in a few years.
anything is possible, but he will not be able to beat the gun charges

weapons charges against Hernandez carry a maximum sentence of 10 years for each of two counts of carrying a “large capacity firearm”; five years for one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two years for possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card; and two years for possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #1218
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
anything is possible, but he will not be able to beat the gun charges

weapons charges against Hernandez carry a maximum sentence of 10 years for each of two counts of carrying a “large capacity firearm”; five years for one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two years for possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card; and two years for possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card.
In the case of that though, I think we might see a replay of the Jamal Lewis fiasco and some team that is one step away from being a contender will "take a chance on a man who has paid his debt to society."
Old 07-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #1219
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
"Said incorrectly"? That needed to be pointed out?
Apparently you answered your own question.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #1220
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
In the case of that though, I think we might see a replay of the Jamal Lewis fiasco and some team that is one step away from being a contender will "take a chance on a man who has paid his debt to society."
not bloody likely. he's done in the league baring a complete exoneration of charges

he an easily replaceable TE, not a top RB. RBs in today's league are expendable anyway, TEs moreso
Old 07-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #1221
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
lol, this isn't someone who is a star QB and got caught gambling on dog fights dude, this is a possible triple homicide menace who ain't ever gonna get another shot at the NFL.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #1222
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
lol, this isn't someone who is a star QB and got caught gambling on dog fights dude, this is a possible triple homicide menace who ain't ever gonna get another shot at the NFL.
If they only stick him with gun charges, which I was referring to, then owners and coaches will be able to forget the rest in a few years if AH looks like he could contribute.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #1223
lolcopter

Quote:
If they only stick him with gun charges, which I was referring to, then owners and coaches will be able to forget the rest in a few years if AH looks like he could contribute.
extremely doubtful
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #1224
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
This ain't the LAPD.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #1225
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Ooops! Looks like the Pats aren't out of this yet.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...dez-apartment/

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote