The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #2301
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
If Heat have zero championships, they would be in the same boat as the Dolphins most likely.
But those people LIVE for college football. Gators, Seminoles, and Hurricanes to a lesser extent.
As for baseball, even when the Marlins were winning their World Series, attendance was ****ty. They had great teams, but attendance was so crappy still.
They went out and spent a boat load on guys two offseasons ago, and basically failed on every move they made. So they had two choices, keep the guys and hope they rebound, or trade them away for prospects. I think they made the right moves. They are going to be awful for a few years, but if these guys can progress like they are capable of, they could be a solid club again.
If the heat had zero chips and were consistent bottom feeders. Yes, nobody would give a ****. Lucky, the Heat have an excellent owner/gm. They are at the tops in the league. Hence, what you see today. Champions

Baseball? After every world series the team was blown up and back to the bottom. It's amazing this city has won world championships, but the following blown up of the team has been too much. They spent money on the team to move into the new stadium. No playoffs, blow it up. It's an awful recipe down here. What I do commend the Marlins for is that they grab/develop excellent prospects. Problem is, if they become worth a damn, they're shipped off to somewhere else. Terrible way to run an organization and develop a fan base.

South Florida live for college football? meh, it is not like in the traditional south. south florida is divided amongst the 3 major florida teams in popularity, and to add a majority of the people are scattered amongst them with all the colleges in florida.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #2302
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Lucky, the Heat have an excellent owner/gm. They are at the tops in the league. Hence, what you see today. Champions
I'm not sure I'd call that excellence from ownership and the GM. I'd say that would be LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all deciding to play in Miami, opposed to another city.

It's not like they drafted well or made savvy trades. What we see today is based on the decision of three players, and the owner and GM have greatly benefitted from it. If those three players had decided to go elsewhere, that team would probably have the titles, and nobody would be talking about the Heat's owner or GM.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #2303
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I'm not sure I'd call that excellence from ownership and the GM. I'd say that would be LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all deciding to play in Miami, opposed to another city.

It's not like they drafted well or made savvy trades. What we see today is based on the decision of three players, and the owner and GM have greatly benefitted from it. If those three players had decided to go elsewhere, that team would probably have the titles, and nobody would be talking about the Heat's owner or GM.
well i'd say Riley had a lot to do with that and is a great GM.
he had a plan and he executed it. by any means necessary.
he did with the big 3 what he did with Wade and Shaq, kept bringing in more talent to keep them improving. obviously Wade,LeBron and Bosh have a longer shelf life.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #2304
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
well i'd say Riley had a lot to do with that and is a great GM.
he had a plan and he executed it. by any means necessary.
he did with the big 3 what he did with Wade and Shaq, kept bringing in more talent to keep them improving. obviously Wade,LeBron and Bosh have a longer shelf life.
LeBron, Wade, and Bosh weren't about to meet up in Cleveland or Toronto. Miami was the obvious choice. If I'm remembering right, the Knicks were after them too, so it was really between those two cities.

No way those three players were going to choice a small market.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #2305
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
LeBron, Wade, and Bosh weren't about to meet up in Cleveland or Toronto. Miami was the obvious choice. If I'm remembering right, the Knicks were after them too, so it was really between those two cities.

Knicks could have afforded two of them, and really only one once amare signed. I believe Miami was the only team that could have all three because wade was already there
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #2306
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
A lot of Laker fans, myself included, are not broke up about this at all. I was hoping that he'd leave. I was never a fan of his, I don't think that he was all that good, and he's too much drama, and for a guy who can't score unless he's right under the basket.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the trade to get him, but I hopped on board in support of the team. But it didn't take long to figure out that it wouldn't work. So good riddance. The Lakers are better off with Pau Gasol at center. When they won the two titles, that's where he was playing, with Odom at PF, and Bynum on the bench. Jim Buss loved Bynum, so Gasol got pushed out to the 3 point line. Then the trade for Howard kept Gasol out there. Hopefully the Lakers go after a stretch 4 and keep Gasol at center.
I'm glad he's gone. I had grown tired of his kindergarten post moves, dumbass technicals, smiling mug and bricklayer free throws. I think Mitch, Kobe, Nash and Pau all went out of their way to make him feel valued and wanted. He never wanted to be here. He never wanted to be a Laker. No way did he measure up to Mikan, Wilt, Kareem or Shaquille. He didn't have the mindset to lead us to titles no. 17, 18 and 19. Good riddance.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #2307
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

Miami,NJ(Now Brooklyn),NY & Chicago were the teams that were options for all 3. Chicago wanted Wade and James, as did NJ, NY wanted James + whomever would come with him. Miami wanted all 3 of them and got them.

Wade was seriously thinking about Chicago but ownership kinda ****ed that one up since it was known Jerry is a cheap SOB. plus they didn't want Bosh and couldn't sign all 3 so Miami was the best choice for them.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #2308
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The Denver Nuggets will get something back for Andre Iguodala after all.

The Nuggets have agreed to separate sign-and-trade deals that will land them guard Randy Foye from the Utah Jazz and send Iguodala to the Golden State Warriors, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Monday.

The Warriors had planned to sign Iguodala to a four-year, $48 million deal as a free agent last week, sources told ESPN. Instead, the restructured deal will give Golden State more salary cap flexibility, deliver Denver a $9 million trade exception and help Utah build for the future with expiring contracts and draft picks.

The person, who spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press on Monday because teams are not allowed to confirm moves until the new league year begins Wednesday, says the original Warriors-Jazz deal remains intact.

The Warriors will clear more than $24 million by sending Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins and Brandon Rush to the Jazz along with the package of draft picks. All three players are in the last year of their contracts.

Golden State is only taking back Kevin Murphy and his non-guaranteed $788,000 deal from Utah.

Yahoo! Sports, which earlier reported the new deal, said Foye will sign a three-year contract worth $9 million. Utah will receive multiple draft picks from Golden State, including its 2014 and 2017 first-round picks.

Denver also will get a trade exception worth about $9 million that it can use anytime within the next year. And in the meantime, soften the blow left in Iguodala's departure.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...la-report-says
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #2309
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The Cavs are pushing Andrew Bynum to either accept or reject a two-year, $24 million offer laden with incentives.
The second year is a team option. The Cavs have begun to engage Andrei Kirilenko and Elton Brand in deals that could cause them to move on, and surely this article by Adrian Wojnarowski is one way for them to let Bynum know about that. The incentives appear to be reasonable items relating to games played and minutes, but the takeaway here is that the Cavs want to put him on a decision while Bynum and his agents are trying to find a one-year big money deal.

Meh, whatever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #2310
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Knicks could have afforded two of them, and really only one once amare signed. I believe Miami was the only team that could have all three because wade was already there

Quote:
Miami,NJ(Now Brooklyn),NY & Chicago were the teams that were options for all 3. Chicago wanted Wade and James, as did NJ, NY wanted James + whomever would come with him. Miami wanted all 3 of them and got them.

Wade was seriously thinking about Chicago but ownership kinda ****ed that one up since it was known Jerry is a cheap SOB. plus they didn't want Bosh and couldn't sign all 3 so Miami was the best choice for them.

Those are reasons why I do not give the Heat's front office all that much credit for building a championship team. They were clearly the best option, and they are in Miami. Miami may not be considered a large market, but it is a glamor city. I can't remember if the Cavs had cap room to sign two, or even all three of them. But if they did, no way the three of them pick Cleveland over Miami. The Heat were lucky that all three of those players chose them, and they happened to have the cap space for all of them. The planets just happened to align for them.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #2311
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I'm glad he's gone. I had grown tired of his kindergarten post moves, dumbass technicals, smiling mug and bricklayer free throws. I think Mitch, Kobe, Nash and Pau all went out of their way to make him feel valued and wanted. He never wanted to be here. He never wanted to be a Laker. No way did he measure up to Mikan, Wilt, Kareem or Shaquille. He didn't have the mindset to lead us to titles no. 17, 18 and 19. Good riddance.
Howard is out of his mind. Reports are saying that one reason why he left was because the Lakers did not commit to a time frame to shift the focal point of the team from Kobe to him, and that Howard felt that if Bryant played beyond next year, the Lakers would not make it his team.

Like dude, that has to be earned. Howard didn't show anything this year for that to happen. Okay, he was coming off of a back injury. But even during his time in Orlando, he never showed anything to make anybody believe that he should be the man over a guy like Kobe. Howard thinks extremely high of himself. Too bad his play on the court has never matched that. I'm more than happy that he's gone.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #2312
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Yea the whole Howard wanting Kobe to pass the torch thing and the time frame to make it his team is just weak sauce.

Howard is a douche , and somewhat over rated. Yea just what I want a "franchise player"
who is basically a liability the last 5 mins of a game with the way he shoot free throws worse than my 74yo Mom.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #2313
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Bynum to the Cavs.

Andrew Bynum has decided to join the Cleveland Cavaliers on an incentive-laden, two-year contract, sources told ESPN.

More from ESPN.com

The Cavaliers agreed to an incentive-laden deal with oft-injured center Andrew Bynum. Brian Windhorst asks: Is the move worth the risk? Story

The deal is worth up to $24 million, sources said, and the Cavs hold a team option for the second year. Only $6 million of the contract is guaranteed, according to sources.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...rs-source-says

I don't know what they are going to do with Andy or TT now.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #2314
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The Lakers announced that they will use the amnesty provision on Metta World Peace.
"It's tough to say goodbye to a player such as Metta, who has been a significant part of our team the past four seasons," GM Mitch Kupchak said. "For anyone whos had the opportunity to get to know him, its impossible not to love him." He had some memorable times with the Lakers and thanking his psychiatrist after winning an NBA title is something most Laker fans won't soon forget. Moving on, teams that are under the cap can try to put a claim in on MWP, but the feeling around the league is that he'll want to join a contender.

Cleveland could really use a tough defending SF like him.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #2315
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bynum to the Cavs.

Andrew Bynum has decided to join the Cleveland Cavaliers on an incentive-laden, two-year contract, sources told ESPN.

More from ESPN.com

The Cavaliers agreed to an incentive-laden deal with oft-injured center Andrew Bynum. Brian Windhorst asks: Is the move worth the risk? Story

The deal is worth up to $24 million, sources said, and the Cavs hold a team option for the second year. Only $6 million of the contract is guaranteed, according to sources.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...rs-source-says

I don't know what they are going to do with Andy or TT now.
start Bennett at SF, play TT at PF and Andy comes off the bench.
not really complicated.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #2316
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Default Saddest introduction press conf pic of all time

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  124.2 KB
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #2317
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
start Bennett at SF, play TT at PF and Andy comes off the bench.
not really complicated.
Except coach Brown has said a couple of times in summer ball that Bennett is going to learn PF first and foremost.

TT has been working on shooting the ball with his right hand instead of his left hand. For some reason he decided to learn with his wrong hand before That is pretty nuts to me. It maybe just for FT's though.

Y! Sources: Cleveland's considering an amnesty waiver bid to claim forward Mike Miller. http://yhoo.it/1bJEg1j

"Miller is close friends with Lebron James, and the Cavs are planning to make a run to resign him"
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN

Cavs have delayed signing Andrew Bynum. Means they have still have cap space to bid for Mike Miller as Yahoo reported they're considering

He would be so much better then Gee or Miles off the bench. Also it is rumored to be another ploy to help get LBJ back to Cleveland.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #2318
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Except coach Brown has said a couple of times in summer ball that Bennett is going to learn PF first and foremost.

TT has been working on shooting the ball with his right hand instead of his left hand. For some reason he decided to learn with his wrong hand before That is pretty nuts to me. It maybe just for FT's though.

Y! Sources: Cleveland's considering an amnesty waiver bid to claim forward Mike Miller. http://yhoo.it/1bJEg1j

"Miller is close friends with Lebron James, and the Cavs are planning to make a run to resign him"
Brian Windhorst ✔ @WindhorstESPN

Cavs have delayed signing Andrew Bynum. Means they have still have cap space to bid for Mike Miller as Yahoo reported they're considering

He would be so much better then Gee or Miles off the bench. Also it is rumored to be another ploy to help get LBJ back to Cleveland.
dude is 6-7, maybe the listed 6-8. not many long term successful superstar PF's in the NBA at 6-8. his game is better suited at SF. now defense wise guarding 4's is probably better for him but even Brown and others in the Cavs organization have said it's "for now"

Last edited by Lestat; 07-18-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #2319
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Early reports Oden chooses the Heat. Low risk high reward. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #2320
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
Early reports Oden chooses the Heat. Low risk high reward. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
It's an amazing signing! Boom or bust for the vet minimum. The Heat still have the mmle. He will be brought along slowly. There's no rush. Expect to see an impact later in the season hopefully. Good luck to him.

Heat going for the 3peat!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #2321
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

i dunno why but i laughed.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #2322
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
It's an amazing signing! Boom or bust for the vet minimum. The Heat still have the mmle. He will be brought along slowly. There's no rush. Expect to see an impact later in the season hopefully. Good luck to him.

Heat going for the 3peat!

These are the type of signings that have worked out for the Heat and allowed us to win some titles. Bird man, Allen, BAttier among others. Most of these guys taking less money to come play with the Heat. I freaking love the Godfather for setting this thing up.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #2323
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i swear, if the Bulls allow those mother ****ers to win the title again this year i'm gonna break something. sick of those hollywood b****es.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #2324
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I think we need a 2013-14 thread
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #2325
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
These are the type of signings that have worked out for the Heat and allowed us to win some titles. Bird man, Allen, BAttier among others. Most of these guys taking less money to come play with the Heat. I freaking love the Godfather for setting this thing up.
Yep, and I think they will save the mmle for a player who is bought out later on.