The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #276
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/08...tation-monday/

Detectives testify Trayvon Martins dad listened to 911 tape and said those screams are not my son. This case is most likely lost for the prosecution and they always knew they would lose it. They prosecuted it because of media and public pressure.
If the jury believes ill intent on the part of Zimmerman, he could literally be screaming "MY NAME IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN AND I'M THE ONE SCREAMING, NOT TRAYVON MARTIN!" and it wouldn't matter.

If Zimmerman leaves his car with the intent to hurt or kill, it doesn't matter who "started" it.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #277
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
when i was a teenager if some adult was following me I would have ran. Sorry but i wasn't that thuggy and tough at 16-17 to go out at night and jump adults because the crazy ass cracker was following me.

Martin should have went and rushed straight home and called police. Tell the stupid girl i am calling police instead of deciding to fight. Tell your kids in similar situation to just run.
And Zimmerman never should have followed Martin. Tell the 911 girl send the police instead of deciding to follow. Tell your neighborhood watch captains in similar situations to just stay in the car.

See how easy that is?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #278
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
If the jury believes ill intent on the part of Zimmerman, he could literally be screaming "MY NAME IS GEORGE ZIMMERMAN AND I'M THE ONE SCREAMING, NOT TRAYVON MARTIN!" and it wouldn't matter.

If Zimmerman leaves his car with the intent to hurt or kill, it doesn't matter who "started" it.
They haven't come anywhere close to proving that. You are crazy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #279
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
And Zimmerman never should have followed Martin. Tell the 911 girl send the police instead of deciding to follow. Tell your neighborhood watch captains in similar situations to just stay in the car.

See how easy that is?
I agree my advice goes both ways. See someone in your neighborhood? call the cops. Unless someone is being assaulted or in danger never get your gun and go play cop. But...........that doesn't rise to the level of deparved indifference, malice, hatred, the intent that i am going out to kill this boy or do him great harm.

They haven't come close to proving that. Zimmerman comes much closer to outright proving it was self defense and at time of shooting he was in a fight for his life with Martin.

Only a few more days to go though Houghtam. How about Zimmerman goes down for murder 2 I leave the mane for however long he goes to prison. If not you leave the Mane until Manning no longer our QB.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #280
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I agree my advice goes both ways. See someone in your neighborhood? call the cops. Unless someone is being assaulted or in danger never get your gun and go play cop. But...........that doesn't rise to the level of deparved indifference, malice, hatred, the intent that i am going out to kill this boy or do him great harm.

They haven't come close to proving that. Zimmerman comes much closer to outright proving it was self defense and at time of shooting he was in a fight for his life with Martin.

Only a few more days to go though Houghtam. How about Zimmerman goes down for murder 2 I leave the mane for however long he goes to prison. If not you leave the Mane until Manning no longer our QB.
If you really are a paralegal, even paralegals know that although the laws states "prove beyond reasonable doubt", "prove" is not something juries always consider. Read the language in my posts. I've never said the prosecution proved anything. What I have said is that they are influencing the jury to believe...big difference.

Honestly at this point I think it could go either way. As I've said all along, the decision will ultimately hinge on what they think Zimmerman's intent was when he started to follow Martin. All of the other crap is just white noise. The prosecution gave excellent evidence in the the previous non-emergency calls that Zimmerman was getting fed up with the rash of crimes in the area, which by itself is understandable...but when you add in his statements and actions from the 911 call, his intentions could reasonably be considered sinister by a jury. Zimmerman says he got out to see what the address was, but he also admitted to following the kid, and there are enough inconsistencies with the rest of his story to call into question what his real motives were. Even someone as dense as you should realize that.

We will also e able to tell a lot about how the prosecution feels about its case when the jury receives its instructions. If they give the option for a lesser charge, it will indicate that they don't think the jury bought that part of their story. "Proof", however, is a word with little real world value when it comes to juries and trials.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #281
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
when i was a teenager if some adult was following me I would have ran. Sorry but i wasn't that thuggy and tough at 16-17 to go out at night and jump adults because the crazy ass cracker was following me.

Martin should have went and rushed straight home and called police. Tell the stupid girl i am calling police instead of deciding to fight. Tell your kids in similar situation to just run.
I probably would have run home scared ****less myself. But the point is that I would have felt threatened. And, in feeling threatened, I would have been justified in physically defending myself if I felt it necessary.

Now, if Zimmerman "lost" Martin and then was ambushed, that's obviously a little different. But that's only what Zimmerman claims. None of the eye witnesses can confirm that version. On the other hand, the 9/11 call confirms that Zimmerman initiated the pursuit and he was obviously armed, so we know with certainty from those two facts that Martin had a valid reason to be fearful.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #282
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They haven't come anywhere close to proving that. You are crazy.
For someone who supposedly has a job that requires a lot of reading & writing your reading comprehension skills are abysmal.

Or does your secretary do all the "reading comprehension" too?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #283
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
For someone who supposedly has a job that requires a lot of reading & writing your reading comprehension skills are abysmal.

Or does your secretary do all the "reading comprehension" too?
He is the secretary.

"Thank you for calling the law offices of James P. Albene, specializing in slip and fall and wrongful termination lawsuits, how may I direct your call?"
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #284
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

More like offices of Dewey, Cheatum & Howe. How about this since you all think you know what is going on in this trial. If Zimmerman is convicted of murder 2 I will leave the mane for the entire time he is in prison. If not Houghtam, Fed, Peace all take a yr off and come back offseason next yr.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #285
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

What's funny is the 2 secretaries in our office are paid extremely well. Way better then what Houghtam makes as a Mr Mom.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #286
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

I wouldn't be ashamed to be a legal secretary. Some of them combine both jobs and are paralegals and legal secretaries. The jobs do overlap some. But if anyone thinks being a legal secretary is only answering phones and scheduling meetings you are crazy. They have to have great people skills and be the first face a person deals with at a firm.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #287
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
More like offices of Dewey, Cheatum & Howe. How about this since you all think you know what is going on in this trial. If Zimmerman is convicted of murder 2 I will leave the mane for the entire time he is in prison. If not Houghtam, Fed, Peace all take a yr off and come back offseason next yr.
LMAO I've never claimed to know what the outcome will be. Again, work on that reading comprehension.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #288
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I wouldn't be ashamed to be a legal secretary. Some of them combine both jobs and are paralegals and legal secretaries. The jobs do overlap some. But if anyone thinks being a legal secretary is only answering phones and scheduling meetings you are crazy. They have to have great people skills and be the first face a person deals with at a firm.
Who said a legal secretary should be ashamed?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #289
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What's funny is the 2 secretaries in our office are paid extremely well. Way better then what Houghtam makes as a Mr Mom.
You can just smell the jealousy in your post.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #290
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would hope so. Being a stay at home parent pays $0 an hour.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #291
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
You can just smell the jealousy in your post.
Why? I'm glad I work somewhere everyone paid well and happy. The only thing you smell is your own bias. That's fine you don't pretend to know the outcome. i am saying I do and it's over he's going to walk on the murder 2. Thats fine you don't want to take part in the bet it still stands for Mr Mom and peace.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #292
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Who said a legal secretary should be ashamed?
When someone as a rip says he's probably just the secretary you assume he is bagging on the position like it would not be something to be proud of. I thought you were the champion of comprehension?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #293
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
I would hope so. Being a stay at home parent pays $0 an hour.
That sucks even you should get paid what you are worth. 8 bucks an hour.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #294
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
When someone as a rip says he's probably just the secretary you assume he is bagging on the position like it would not be something to be proud of. I thought you were the champion of comprehension?
LMAO Not surprisingly, you don't understand what's being made fun of. Pretty sad.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #295
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Does the test show when he smoked pot? Either way it's not relevant to the case.
Ooooops. Today the Judge will now allow the THC toxicology report now because it's relevant.

You were saying?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #296
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Ooooops. Today the Judge will now allow the THC toxicology report now because it's relevant.

You were saying?
I also read that the day was spent listening to friends of Zimmerman testifying that the screams were his. I'm leaning more toward full acquittal every day. I guess there was a good reason the local prosecutor didn't want to file a case. But the media knew better. I actually remember when we had a few journalists in America. Yes, I am a dinosaur.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #297
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
LMAO Not surprisingly, you don't understand what's being made fun of. Pretty sad.
Another crock of ****. Of course I know they are trying to make fun of me. It's just none of your are good it. I like your stance in this one though you don't know which way it will go. Way to go out on a limb.

I'm telling you he is going to walk. It's not based on a bias, but instead on how obvious it is the prosecution has not made its case.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #298
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post

You were saying?
Of course it is relevant. Zimmerman said the only reason he followed Martin was because he was acting strange. Most likely got all high and was wandering home all stoned. Still nothing to get shot for but great evidence to show Zimmerman wasn't out to kill, he was watching a stoned kid wander around on drugs.

Not surprised Obama related to the kid since he was a huge stoner back in the day also.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #299
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If the joint was lit, you must acquit.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #300
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

If the boy was high, then Zimmerman no lie!