The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #226
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Gut feeling is that they're going to franchise him until PFM retires. Once Peyton is done (after this year or next), and his contract is off the books, they sign him with a LTC. Honestly, he probably should have taken the original deal that was offered.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #227
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos offered a very nice extension last year to which Clady said "no." Glady gambled and he lost. The Broncos have a franchise tag on him and if he doesn't show up for TC, he's gonna lose a lot more money. It is what it is. Hopefully the Broncos work things out with Clady before TC.
Apparently clady disagreed.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #228
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
So what? He doesn't have a contract. They can't fine him or anything.

What is Elway going to do...go rouse Ryan out of bed and say, "Ryan, time for work?"

Of course not.

He doesn't have to show up at all. Elway has shown that he's not above arm twisting, and my instinct says that Clady isn't either. He's made some nice dough already, and while the tender is serious cash it pales in comparison to what is out on the open market. What's to stop Clady from not reporting until game 10 or whatever?

Barring further injury he's going to get his money one way or another. He has plenty of leverage. They have far too much money invested in Manning to try and dick Clady around too much.
Why would he walk away from more money for the purpose of trying for a couple mil more? He's not walking away from 9 mil or 11 next year. Price is right with the post above.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #229
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
What's to stop Clady from not reporting until game 10 or whatever?
He doesn't have to show up at all to TC, we can't fine him. BUT he will start missing game checks worth half a million a pop once week one starts so he'll be here by the time the season starts.

Even if Clady doesn't get a longterm deal I bet he won't miss any TC.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #230
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Gut feeling is that they're going to franchise him until PFM retires. Once Peyton is done (after this year or next), and his contract is off the books, they sign him with a LTC. Honestly, he probably should have taken the original deal that was offered.
All that will happen is clady signs somewhere else. You think after being dragged along for 2 or 3 years with the franchise tag that clady will sign a Long term contract with Denver?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #231
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
All that will happen is clady signs somewhere else. You think after being dragged along for 2 or 3 years with the franchise tag that clady will sign a Long term contract with Denver?
50/50. But those are the risks you take. In the salary cap era, you are forced to take those risks. He was offered a lucrative long term contract that was more than fair. He rolled the dice and the LT market declined. If he plays lights out this year and recovers from injury, he'll sign for the most guaranteed money (whether it be here or elsewhere). I really think if Peyton gets a ring this year he's done.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #232
Drunken.Broncoholic

I still think Sullivan can get something good on the table. But if they are just trying to win in this manning window tagging is their best option. I'm with razor if Peyton wins this year he's retiring. TV contracts kicks in combined with the absence of Mannings contract and they'll have plenty of room.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #233
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
50/50. But those are the risks you take. In the salary cap era, you are forced to take those risks. He was offered a lucrative long term contract that was more than fair. He rolled the dice and the LT market declined. If he plays lights out this year and recovers from injury, he'll sign for the most guaranteed money (whether it be here or elsewhere). I really think if Peyton gets a ring this year he's done.
Apparently it wasn't more than fair. Considering he's just as good or better than Thomas he's more than justified in asking for what he's asking for.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #234
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I didn't know Peyton had just this year or next. Archie is that you?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #235
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think it depends on the SB. If he wins it IMO he retires going out as a champ. If they don't win it he comes back again.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #236
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I think it depends on the SB. If he wins it IMO he retires going out as a champ. If they don't win it he comes back again.
I don't think so. I think he's going to play as long as he's performing at a high level and having fun doing so. He's playing for his legacy, you heard John, the objective is to win multiple SBs with Manning.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #237
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I don't think so. I think he's going to play as long as he's performing at a high level and having fun doing so. He's playing for his legacy, you heard John, the objective is to win multiple SBs with Manning.
If manning wins it this year he could come back for one more to try and back to back then retire at 38. Someone else we know did that.

I guess it all depends on how he holds up healthwise.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #238
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If manning wins it this year he could come back for one more to try and back to back then retire at 38. Someone else we know did that.

I guess it all depends on how he holds up healthwise
Hence why clady is going to get what he wants or something very close.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #239
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think both the Broncos and Clady want to work something out. This is just the business side of the game and both sides realize this. Clady wants as much money has he can get and the Broncos want to pay him what they think he is worth and so here in lies the problem. I think both sides will come to an agreement.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #240
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Broncos lose nothing by tagging Clady in 2013 and 2014. It would cost them $9.83M this year and $11.8M next year.

Clady is worth every penny of the franchise tag (over the next two years) and the Broncos have the cap flexibility to do it. No reason to give Clady a longterm contract if he won't agree to deal that is beneficial to both sides.

The cap is expected to increase in 2015 anyway, so why not put it off until then? It's what I expect to happen.
Your right unless Clady refuses to report. He did not sign his franchise tag so he is not under contract by the Broncos. He can sit at home until week 10 and report then if he wants to.

If Clady doesn't report is Manning going to be upright after week 10? How good is Ryan Clark?

Get him signed.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #241
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I think both the Broncos and Clady want to work something out. This is just the business side of the game and both sides realize this. Clady wants as much money has he can get and the Broncos want to pay him what they think he is worth and so here in lies the problem. I think both sides will come to an agreement.
Broncos want to pay less then what they have to,not what they think he's worth.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #242
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Not Archie, but I think it's common sense to believe that a couple of years is probably his window. If for example he were to go out this year as a Superbowl MVP, you really think he's coming back? Doubt he pulls a Brett Farve.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #243
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Not Archie, but I think it's common sense to believe that a couple of years is probably his window. If for example he were to go out this year as a Superbowl MVP, you really think he's coming back? Doubt he pulls a Brett Farve.
He wouldn't be pulling a Brett farve by continuing to play.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #244
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
and you know this how?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #245
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
You say that like it is fact but it's just something that lives in your brain.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #246
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
and you know this how?
The same way you know that the broncos are try to pay clady"what he's worth".
Old 07-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #247
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Your right unless Clady refuses to report. He did not sign his franchise tag so he is not under contract by the Broncos. He can sit at home until week 10 and report then if he wants to.

If Clady doesn't report is Manning going to be upright after week 10? How good is Ryan Clark?

Get him signed.
I haven't heard that Clady was going to refuse to report. I guess things could change, but when the Broncos tagged him, he seemed like he was accepting it as part of business in the NFL.

Can't see paying much more than $10M per year for an LT, there's just not enough money to go around...not if you want to remain a SB contender. Of course, you don't want to lose the best LT in the NFL either. Good thing is, they have options to hold on to Clady until 2015 (when the cap is expected to go up).

It's very simple, Clady will have a chance to take the Broncos contract this week, or be franchised.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #248
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I haven't heard that Clady was going to refuse to report. I guess things could change, but when the Broncos tagged him, he seemed like he was accepting it as part of business in the NFL.

Can't see paying much more than $10M per year for an LT, there's just not enough money to go around...not if you want to remain a SB contender. Of course, you don't want to lose the best LT in the NFL either. Good thing is, they have options to hold on to Clady until 2015 (when the cap is expected to go up).

It's very simple, Clady will have a chance to take the Broncos contract this week, or be franchised.
I am wondering if Denver dropped their offer from $10 million per season. Jake Long only got $8.5 per season this past off season. Maybe Denver has taken the 5 for $50 off the table. All speculation at this point. hopefully he gets signed and Denver would be set at LT for the foreseeable future.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #249
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jake long hasn't been able to play a whole season the past couple of years,that is what hurt him on his contract. 5 yr 50 mil is off the tbl but that probably has more to do with knowing clady won't agree to it.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #250
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

Get him signed.
This is a 100% wrong. If they aren't on the roster a month before game 1, they LOSE the whole season no matter when they report. This just recently went into effect for Chris Johnson of the Titans-he's holding out for a new deal and did not report 30 days before the first game, so he now loses the entire 2011 season for his service time.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote