The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #2001
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #2002
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

JCM, APA, and Old Queen thanks very much for hosting and thank God we only do this once a year! You guys did a great job putting up with infinite complaining and massively complex vote counts. My hats off to you all.

ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #2003
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Wow, thanks! I'll give a proper speech tomorrow when I'm back from camping. Yes sadly, I'm doing this from my phone.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #2004
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Shut up Steven. Go ride the Challenger.
To soon.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #2005
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Thanks jcm and appa. Congra ts Rabb.

Let it be known that if my job would not have interfeared with me at the end . I would have won easily .

Happy 4 the all.

Now back to boating.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #2006
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

There were definitely some bumps along the way, but Apa and I certainly hoped we made it possible for folks to connive, backstab, plot, scheme, and be distracted during a long offseason.

Congrats to Rabb!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #2007
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Have to add my thanks to Broncosteven for sparking up this game and for JCM and Apa for taking on such a tedious process every night for the first time. I think you guys did a remarkable job amid crazy scoring and complaints.

And congrats to Rabb!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #2008
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Uh, where's the breakdown of votes per round so we can see who lied in the blackout rounds?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #2009
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Uh, where's the breakdown of votes per round so we can see who lied in the blackout rounds?
Uh, I went on vacation pretty much the minute I posted the winner.

So, check back Sunday night or sometime Monday and I will post breakdowns of the early blackout round votes.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #2010
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Congrats Rabb!!! I screwed the pooch on getting my final vote in. Clearly I didn't deserve to win.

Thanks Apa JCM and whomever you interlopers were. Good times!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #2011
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

So we had a rough trip home, with both kids getting some sort of stomach bug. I will try to post everythiing tomorrow night but we have a camper to clean up and work, and our normal chores.

So with that said, if it spills into tuesday where I post the results....... well I have the results so you are kind of at my bidding! I will try my best tomorrow though.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #2012
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Well, this won't be much of a speech and it was delayed a little...the vacation lasted longer than we thought which certainly wasn't a bad thing.

Thank you to everyone involved that chose to vote for me, I would have been ok coming in 3rd to be honest and was just pleased to make it to the finals. Being my first year in this thing, I am stunned that I ended up winning. Thank you again to Apa and JCM and anyone else that helped behind the scenes to run this thing!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #2013
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

OK. That was boring, Rabb. Allow me to write a proper Survivor victory/gloating speech. Ahem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Should have been Rabb View Post
Screw all of you maggots who didnít vote for me. I would have won by a LARGER margin, had it not been for a few fools and cowards who decided to place your misguided loyalty with my unworthy opponents! I had all of you pathetic cretins thinking that I flew under the radar, like a cloaked Romulan vessel. In reality, I was highly entertained by the rampant inferiority that was exposed week after week after week. See, I am ironclad. I am a TRUE survivor. I am the walrus koo-koo-koo-choo! Iíve been surviving my entire life. None of you miserable, mangy mutts were EVER going to deny me my rightful place on the throne of Survivor Champions. Sure, you can go ahead and thank JCM, APA, TUVWXYZ, or whomever you want. They only set the table for my destiny. The only person I want to thank is ME. The only person who is worthy of praise is ME. Bow DOWN to the Great and Powerful Rabb. Because, I am a WINNER! No, no. I am THE Winner. WOO!!!

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #2014
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

love it, sadly I can't gloat or be like that

well, other than to dbag4life, **** that guy
Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #2015
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Ok so I am going to start posting the blackout round votes:

Round 1

DBroncos4life - Kaylore
Broncosteven -Kaylore
Bowtown - Conklin
Conklin - Kaylore
Falconer --
Irish Stout - Requiem
BFLOSurvivor - Kaylore
Rabb - Conklin
Kaylore - Conklin
ghwk - Ultimatehobo
Ultimatehobo - Requiem
Bmoremanning? --
BroncoMan4Ever - Conklin
Dr. Broncenstein - Requiem
Phibacka31 --
Gunns --
Requiem - Conklin
Heyneck --
Ludo21 - Requiem
Quoydogs --
Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #2016
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Round 2

DBroncos4life - Ultimatehobo
Broncosteven - Requiem
Bowtown - Requiem
Conklin - DEAD
Falconer - Requiem
Irish Stout - Ultimatehobo
BFLOSurvivor - Requiem
Rabb - Ultimatehobo
Kaylore - Requiem
ghwk - Falconer
Ultimatehobo - Requiem
Bmoremanning? - Requiem
BroncoMan4Ever - DBroncos4life
Dr. Broncenstein - Requiem
Phibacka31 - Requiem
Gunns - Ultimatehobo
Requiem - Ultimatehobo
Heyneck - Requiem
Ludo21 - Requiem
Quoydogs - Requiem
Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #2017
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Round 3 experienced a great amount of heat ache for players as one of the interlopers decided to go rouge and promise cloaks to everyone. He was required to supply us with the names of those he gave cloaks to, but failed to tell us that he had promised the cloaks to pretty much everyone. It was bush league and caused a lot of confusion with voting.

You can thank Conklin for that as he was given the opportunity to be a interloper. Conklin has very insightful game ideas and is good for stirring the pot, but he thought it was no big deal that he didn't tell us his dubious plan. When we asked him to clarify his only response was that maybe he promised it to more than 3. He was subsequently removed from the roll of Interloper.

Here is the breakdown:

Elim garak
Broncosteven
phibcka31
BFLOSurvivor

The Mole
Broncosteven
Kaylore
Bowtown

Oleg
Kaylore
DBroncos4life
Falconer
Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #2018
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

One other item to note is that there was a lot of controversy and subsequent dissolving of alliances at the start of the game. In the main forum it looked as if there was a rat among one of the alliances who ended up feeding the other side an infamous PM.

Well when we disabled Conklin from being Elim Garak we saw a conversation between him and the Mole through PM's. It turns out the rat was Conklin. He was given the login of another player so that he could play for that other player the first week of the game, while the other player was away. When Conklin logged into the other players account he saw the PM and forwarded it to his alliance.

This was borderline cheating, and as Conklin was already eliminated from the game and removed from the roll of Interloper, coupled with the fact that we were not sure who the other player involved was, we let it go.

I am sure you guys can figure out who the possibilities are.

Needless to say JCM and I plan on running this again next year, and at this point Conklin will not have an official roll in Survivor again. Which is a shame because he has some crazy awesome ideas. In fact starting the game with back to back blackout rounds was really his suggestion. It did a lot of good in creating suspicion and drama. He was given the roll of Interloper because he had some good ideas. Unfortunately he also abused the trust given to him.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #2019
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

So far this is actually as good as playing the game. Who were the other interlopers?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #2020
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

So even stooping low enough to cheat he still got voted off immediately?

Conklin: the Josh McDaniels of Survivor.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #2021
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Oleg is himself, I do not know his true identity, other than it is some Russian dude. The Mole has asked to remain nameless.

I will have to check in with JCM to see if we can release who took over for Elim, and who played Q.

Requiem and Kaylore were given opportunities to play in the game as Interlopers. But due to different factors they did not take on those roles.

I can tell you that the Borg was made up of eliminated players as picked by the Interlopers and Q, and others. They designed the round and came up with the Borg rules and ways to vote off.

It was a test to see if we could get more interaction and it was a way to give others the opportunity to come up with a round and track the votes, and finally tabulate. As it is easy to b**** at us hosts without knowing how hard it can be. Especially with JCM who decided to make every twist imaginable.

I literally spent HOURS trying to tabulate results, and the one round where I got rushed and had a lot of distractions I ended up screwing up the final tally. That was where ghwk was killed and it ended up being switched to Heyneck. That really sucked for me as I felt terrible.

Needless to say I b****ed A LOT to JCM about his voting options and twists. We figured out a lot this go round and it will go smoother next year.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #2022
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Here is an example spreadsheet from Round 8:

Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #2023
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

That is it for tonight. I will post more details tomorrow evening if I have time. We still have a few blackout rounds and/or cloaked results to divulge.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #2024
Bronco Yoda

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #2025
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
One other item to note is that there was a lot of controversy and subsequent dissolving of alliances at the start of the game. In the main forum it looked as if there was a rat among one of the alliances who ended up feeding the other side an infamous PM.

Well when we disabled Conklin from being Elim Garak we saw a conversation between him and the Mole through PM's. It turns out the rat was Conklin. He was given the login of another player so that he could play for that other player the first week of the game, while the other player was away. When Conklin logged into the other players account he saw the PM and forwarded it to his alliance.

This was borderline cheating, and as Conklin was already eliminated from the game and removed from the roll of Interloper, coupled with the fact that we were not sure who the other player involved was, we let it go.

I am sure you guys can figure out who the possibilities are.

Needless to say JCM and I plan on running this again next year, and at this point Conklin will not have an official roll in Survivor again. Which is a shame because he has some crazy awesome ideas. In fact starting the game with back to back blackout rounds was really his suggestion. It did a lot of good in creating suspicion and drama. He was given the roll of Interloper because he had some good ideas. Unfortunately he also abused the trust given to him.

Conklin, this is epic! Whose identity was he using for the first week after his swift removal?
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote