The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #1876
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
in other words; you annoyed the guys in charge until they decided "**** it, put him back in, just shut him the **** up"
Meh. That never worked for Conklin......
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #1877
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

To be honest, I knew from about round 3 that I was going to bring one or two players back from the grave. It was up to the Interlopers to bring one back, and Q chose the other one.

Apa and I had NOTHING to do with who was brought back.

Anyway, it got all of you b****ing and whining. That was the fun part for us....
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #1878
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Boy, Rabb sure is flying under the radar, huh?
ssshhhhhhh
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #1879
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Exactly, I would say that we had to bring him back and the b****ing made it that much harder but it was the only thing we could do.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #1880
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
To be honest, I knew from about round 3 that I was going to bring one or two players back from the grave. It was up to the Interlopers to bring one back, and Q chose the other one.

Apa and I had NOTHING to do with who was brought back.

Anyway, it got all of you b****ing and whining. That was the fun part for us....
I beg your pardon. All of you? I did not b**** and whine about it, until my meltdown. I had to include something that the MEN did b**** and whine about in my meltdown but that was merely to produce a meltdown that the MEN could relate to. I'm beginning to believe my meltdown.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #1881
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

This audience member will voting later on. All three contestants approached the game differently. I need to figure out which approach deserved to win...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #1882
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

First, I would like to thank Apa and JCM as well as everyone else that was associated with and helped run this yearís survivor. I have read over the years, many ďeditionsĒ of this game and always wanted to play. I am happy I did, although I am sure my girlfriend thinks I am a lunatic for making sure I get to a computer to get my votes in or read and respond to PMs. Thanks to all of the contestants who played, especially those that appeared to stay loyal throughout the game although I do applaud those that used gamesmanship and deception to make it along as well and I mean that. Hopefully in the end, nobody takes anything personally. I know I certainly donít.

I also want to congratulate my fellow finalists, Irish and DB4L on making it to the finals. That said, here are some thoughts and comments about both of them. I realize that you both have had allies and still have some influence over them, but I will just speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may.

Irish Stout

I have nothing really negative to say at all here. Well, other than the b****ing to the powers that be in this thread I guess. Sure, there was a little bit of family smack controversy that almost got him the boot, but he owned up to it like a big boy, endured and lived to fight another round. He was an ally early on in the game, and I appreciate that whether it was genuine or not. He certainly helped me along early, maybe even unknowingly.

DBroncos4Life

He hates me, and thatís cool. I honestly donít even remember what set off his rabb rage to begin with.

Post #79 of this very thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
It was me. I can't wait to vote his ass off this game.
Nice work, keep on trucking. I suppose it would be fitting for him to vote me out in the finals, I can handle that like a big boy. Knowing I made it to the finals despite him obsessing like a middle-school girl over the cool guy in class (obviously, me) is enough for me. And on that note, no I wonít go out with you. Stop asking me, youíre gross. God it had to just make you insane to see me make it through every round, right?

I did have one goal throughout this game and it was to never (knowingly) align with him, mission accomplished. Call me what you want, I wonít sell out. And I can say, I didnít need a second life to get to the finals

And now, why I feel like I am deserving of the title of Survivor this season above my esteemed finalists

Throughout this game I stayed true to all of my allies, never publically showed my hand and very truly survived. Sure, it could be said I just flew under the radar and maybe that isnít the most entertaining way to get to the finals but it worked. This being my first go at the game, I honestly walked in thinking I knew what to expect and found out that I didnít. Hell, understanding the weekly rules alone is admirable for anyone that managed to follow them. I am still pretty sure I ****ed up at least once with them.

Unlike the other 2 finalists, I didnít have to air dirty laundry or try and sway people. I made it this far without a cloak, didnít beg for anything from anyone involved. I told myself that I would utilize alliances, and as naÔve as it may be, remain true to them. I can very honestly say that, I never betrayed anyone knowingly. Is it possible I was a puppet for some? Sure, that is the nature of the game. That said, I always voted alongside my allies and ship mates until the very end and never once indicated I was voting for someone that I didnít vote for. There are many ways to win this game that much is clear. Deception, honesty, laying low or even keeping yourself in the spotlight in some cases. It could be that I am just not a ruthless and dishonest person by nature. The people on this forum that I have had the pleasure to meet in real life can maybe attest to that. That could be something people value, and it could be something that people look at as me not playing the game like it should be played. The fact remains, how I played this season got me (certainly along with some help and luck) to this point so I stand by it. Honestly, I am humbled I even made it past the first round.

Vote for who you think played this game the smartest way. Vote for who you think played this game in a manner that deserves to win. Posting first may screw me here and obviously will give the other 2 an opportunity to pick apart my post, I can live with that. Unfortunately I have meetings for the rest of the day and am going camping tonight so this is my chance to post this before the deadline. I will, however, be obsessing one more day and checking the forums during said meetings and later tonight to see who won and congratulate them accordingly. Unless itís me, I wonít congratulate myself.

Thanks for the ride mother****ers, have a safe and happy 4th.

Last edited by Rabb; 07-03-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #1883
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
true, but messing with Conklin is fun to watch the meltdowns. ghwk's were kind of annoying.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #1884
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I talked to my team today. About life, life in general. And everything that starts has a end. And that's just life. And for me, you know today I told my team this would be my last ride. And I told them I, I, I just felt so much peace and where I am with my decision. Because of everything I have done in Survivor. I've done it. You I've done it man, there is no accolade that I don't have individually. You know but I don't play the game for individual stats. I've only played the game to make my team a better team. And now, god, god is calling. God is calling in so many other areas of life. And my children have made the ultimate sacrifice. The ultimate. For 8 seasons. You know and I don't want to see them do that anymore. I've done what I have set out to do in this business. And now its my turn to give back to them.

I set out 8 years ago to become the Survivor Champion. I've had ups and downs. I have seen my dreams crushed by people that I have called friends. This season I tasted what it was like to lose. It's a young mans game and after I was voted off I thought to myself, I just don't have it anymore. 8 long years of working networking, finding the best of the best to team with all was over in a blink of an eye. What was it all for? I had given the best of my best in entertainment. I didn't hide. I posted like a boss in every game thread to give the views something worth reading.

I was feeling as low as I could. Knowing in my heart that I just don't know if I have another season in me. Crushed that my dream was likely over. Then one morning after a long night of drinking I received a text. A text that changed my life....You're back in the game it said. That was all the news I needed. The viewers wanted the fun back and this time I would play different. No teams, no PMing with groups. Just all one man going Rambo on the game.

Now I know you can say I didn't "earn" this because I was voted off, or I received other gifts from those people that talk funny. Well I say to hell with that. I received that crap because I am awesome. Not some quiet dude that posted a half a dozen times! Check the stats I posted the most. I brought the target to me. To entertain in this game you have to have people post and fight. That is what makes it fun. Not just humming along going with your "alliance" to propel you into the finals. That is boring and played out. There is no "team" victory in Survivor. There is only one. And today I know that person is me. Thank you.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-03-2013 at 11:09 AM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #1885
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Ah Survivor. You've been a ride for sure. Sometimes fun, sometimes drunk, sometimes chalk flipping full of internet posting baggage. But I guess you got to take your baggage when going on a trip.

Let's take a look at my opponents:

RABB - A good shipmate and a quiet poster. He deserves to be recognized for getting this far. But, all trips must end. I am sorry RABB, but you must get off this bus before the last stop. Rabb just didn't carry the moxie or display the mustard necessary to demonstrate a truly worthwhile Survivor in space. I hope you can enjoy some bacon while you watch the results come in.

DB4L - Man, how many friggin times did I type DB4L the past two weeks? Way too many. How many times did I have to look at his bacon face? Way too many. How many times did he throw mini-tempertantrums while telling us he just didn't give a flying pickle, only to post again 10 minutes later about why he should be the winner? Ehhh... this was just about right for entertainment purposes. As we trucked along his photoshops got better.

The biggest problem with Mr. Bacon is half the time he left us thinking he hated us all, half the time he left us wishing he'd just go away, half the time he was making too many references to testicles to leave us feeling comfortable, and all of the time he had inflated sense of bacon.

Irish Stout - Yours truly. I posted things that were funny, I guess. I posted things that were whiny, I guess. I posted things that were awesome, at least in my mind. I stuck around. Never got voted off, and ultimately defeated the evil empire that was BMore Manning. And that was my primary goal.

Let me tell you about BMore. I'm sure he is a great guy and would be a lot of fun to hang out with and analyze football and the like. However, his name is disconcerting. I hate to take us all back to last January in the frozen world of Sports Authority Field at Mile High, but that is where we must go, for just a minute. What did we have then? A miserable experience where the good guys, led by Manning on offense faced the bad guys of Baltimore. And that is simply what BMore's name conjures up - bad guys beating good guys. Now if Bmore's name was BMore Elway, well that would just be awesome, cause then the best QB ever would have been in his name and Elway gave the finger to Baltimore.

In short, BMore's downfall saved us all from the bad guy winning again. I am not sure that it was because of my efforts or not that Bmore went down. But we all eventually acted together and brought him down and therefore, we are all winners!

Did I play the game right? I have no clue. Did I play it well? Probably not. Did I play it less obnoxiously than Bacon Bacon. For sure. Did I play it more obnoxiously than Rabb? Absolutely. So, that makes me like the baby bear porridge, just right. At least, I think thats how it works.

Vote for me. I didn't take the time to read Bacon's or Rabb's posts.

A vote for Irish is a vote against Baltimore.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #1886
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
true, but messing with Conklin is fun to watch the meltdowns. ghwk's were kind of annoying.
Bite me. Mine were the definition of awesome.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #1887
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I beg your pardon. All of you? I did not b**** and whine about it, until my meltdown. I had to include something that the MEN did b**** and whine about in my meltdown but that was merely to produce a meltdown that the MEN could relate to. I'm beginning to believe my meltdown.
I cast my vote for whoever Gunns votes for.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #1888
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Ah Survivor. You've been a ride for sure. Sometimes fun, sometimes drunk, sometimes chalk flipping full of internet posting baggage. But I guess you got to take your baggage when going on a trip.

Let's take a look at my opponents:

RABB - A good shipmate and a quiet poster. He deserves to be recognized for getting this far. But, all trips must end. I am sorry RABB, but you must get off this bus before the last stop. Rabb just didn't carry the moxie or display the mustard necessary to demonstrate a truly worthwhile Survivor in space. I hope you can enjoy some bacon while you watch the results come in.

DB4L - Man, how many friggin times did I type DB4L the past two weeks? Way too many. How many times did I have to look at his bacon face? Way too many. How many times did he throw mini-tempertantrums while telling us he just didn't give a flying pickle, only to post again 10 minutes later about why he should be the winner? Ehhh... this was just about right for entertainment purposes. As we trucked along his photoshops got better.

The biggest problem with Mr. Bacon is half the time he left us thinking he hated us all, half the time he left us wishing he'd just go away, half the time he was making too many references to testicles to leave us feeling comfortable, and all of the time he had inflated sense of bacon.

Irish Stout - Yours truly. I posted things that were funny, I guess. I posted things that were whiny, I guess. I posted things that were awesome, at least in my mind. I stuck around. Never got voted off, and ultimately defeated the evil empire that was BMore Manning. And that was my primary goal.

Let me tell you about BMore. I'm sure he is a great guy and would be a lot of fun to hang out with and analyze football and the like. However, his name is disconcerting. I hate to take us all back to last January in the frozen world of Sports Authority Field at Mile High, but that is where we must go, for just a minute. What did we have then? A miserable experience where the good guys, led by Manning on offense faced the bad guys of Baltimore. And that is simply what BMore's name conjures up - bad guys beating good guys. Now if Bmore's name was BMore Elway, well that would just be awesome, cause then the best QB ever would have been in his name and Elway gave the finger to Baltimore.

In short, BMore's downfall saved us all from the bad guy winning again. I am not sure that it was because of my efforts or not that Bmore went down. But we all eventually acted together and brought him down and therefore, we are all winners!

Did I play the game right? I have no clue. Did I play it well? Probably not. Did I play it less obnoxiously than Bacon Bacon. For sure. Did I play it more obnoxiously than Rabb? Absolutely. So, that makes me like the baby bear porridge, just right. At least, I think thats how it works.

Vote for me. I didn't take the time to read Bacon's or Rabb's posts.

A vote for Irish is a vote against Baltimore.
!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #1889
Bmore Manning

So I have to choose between:

Rabb- the player who let me down
DB4L- the player who I somehow let down
Irish- the player who brought me down
Old 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #1890
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
he made an error in saying a broad generality. You did not cry about things at all.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1891
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
So I have to choose between:

Rabb- the player who let me down
DB4L- the player who I somehow let down
Irish- the player who brought me down
Down, down, down into a burning ring of fire.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1892
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I talked to my team today. About life, life in general. And everything that starts has a end. And that's just life. And for me, you know today I told my team this would be my last ride. And I told them I, I, I just felt so much peace and where I am with my decision. Because of everything I have done in Survivor. I've done it. You I've done it man, there is no accolade that I don't have individually. You know but I don't play the game for individual stats. I've only played the game to make my team a better team. And now, god, god is calling. God is calling in so many other areas of life. And my children have made the ultimate sacrifice. The ultimate. For 8 seasons. You know and I don't want to see them do that anymore. I've done what I have set out to do in this business. And now its my turn to give back to them.

I set out 8 years ago to become the Survivor Champion. I've had ups and downs. I have seen my dreams crushed by people that I have called friends. This season I tasted what it was like to lose. It's a young mans game and after I was voted off I thought to myself, I just don't have it anymore. 8 long years of working networking, finding the best of the best to team with all was over in a blink of an eye. What was it all for? I had given the best of my best in entertainment. I didn't hide. I posted like a boss in every game thread to give the views something worth reading.

I was feeling as low as I could. Knowing in my heart that I just don't know if I have another season in me. Crushed that my dream was likely over. Then one morning after a long night of drinking I received a text. A text that changed my life....You're back in the game it said. That was all the news I needed. The viewers wanted the fun back and this time I would play different. No teams, no PMing with groups. Just all one man going Rambo on the game.

Now I know you can say I didn't "earn" this because I was voted off, or I received other gifts from those people that talk funny. Well I say to hell with that. I received that crap because I am awesome. Not some quiet dude that posted a half a dozen times! Check the stats I posted the most. I brought the target to me. To entertain in this game you have to have people post and fight. That is what makes it fun. Not just humming along going with your "alliance" to propel you into the finals. That is boring and played out. There is no "team" victory in Survivor. There is only one. And today I know that person is me. Thank you.
I have to remain impartial. But **** it, this wins. End of game!

Just kidding.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1893
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Vote Rabb Stark, King in the North

(Sorry DB4L)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #1894
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Lets voom in on the plane and take a look....

just like I thought! The plane is clearly being flown by both Irish and Rabb. Do it for Toby Keith and America people. Don't let the terrorists win.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #1895
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Vote Rabb Stark, King in the North

(Sorry DB4L)
Yeah what would this game been without that **** bags 23 posts. Also I doubt that dude even downloaded your game and used your code.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #1896
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Yeah what would this game been without that **** bags 23 posts. Also I doubt that dude even downloaded your game and used your code.
Right, because clearly you posting like an idiot retard hamster that just drank a case of Red Bull showed more dedication. Is this survivor, or post count war?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #1897
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

For some reason, this is my favorite rant (of the remaining contestants).

Everyone who voted ghwk is on my **** list. You're all going down. Thw power of the stout is here to make you irish... that means you're getting it right in the pooper with my shoes. This is vengance. Red vengance mother****ers.

Therefore, IRISH STOUT gets my vote...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #1898
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1899
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Go DBroncos4life!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #1900
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Lets voom in on the plane and take a look....

just like I thought! The plane is clearly being flown by both Irish and Rabb. Do it for Toby Keith and America people. Don't let the terrorists win.
Wow. You. Just. Went. There............

Ghaffo the wacko "there" I mean!