The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #676
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Im down to learn. I haven't played since DoTA. Which I was bad ass at. I never adopted LoL because I never wanted to be the ****ty new guy. But if I had a few friends to play with I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

What's your summoner name?
So damn, forgot about this.

My name is Zindiral in game, I get on when I can. There's so many champions it can be overwhelming to start.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #677
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

what is LoL
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #678
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
what is LoL
Laughing out loud bro

Seriously, League of Legends.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #679
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
what is LoL
Only the most played game in the world...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #680
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Laughing out loud bro

Seriously, League of Legends.
i was gonna guess that, but tbh i have no idea what that game is

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-01-2013 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: lol pc games, no wonder i had no idea
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #681
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
if it streams porn ...... I'll wait to see what PS4 does and decide.

Porn>TV
I've been loosely following this thread and finally something important to ask.

Which system will allow me to go split screen style on my TV with 1 side streaming porn and playing my video game on the other? That is the system I require
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #682
Willynowei
Some dude
 
Willynowei's Avatar
 
Football is a wonderful thing.

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
I've been loosely following this thread and finally something important to ask.

Which system will allow me to go split screen style on my TV with 1 side streaming porn and playing my video game on the other? That is the system I require
xbox one
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #683
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

What are the odds of the Xbox getting this amazing feature

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20435...-bing-ads.html



What a joke of a company
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #684
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
What are the odds of the Xbox getting this amazing feature

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20435...-bing-ads.html



What a joke of a company
Let's not pretend your precious PS4 company has not made a series of missteps as well along the way. They owned the world at one point.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #685
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Let's not pretend your precious PS4 company has not made a series of missteps as well along the way. They owned the world at one point.
I think he was referring to Microsoft's habitual anti-consumer policies rather than simple business missteps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #686
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Let's not pretend your precious PS4 company has not made a series of missteps as well along the way. They owned the world at one point.

This message brought to you by Bing©®
fyp
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #687
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
fyp
That was good
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #688
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I think he was referring to Microsoft's habitual anti-consumer policies rather than simple business missteps.
Could be worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BM...ootkit_scandal
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #689
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Back to my earlier point.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #690
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Holy ****, both are evil, heartless, and greedy mega-corps that would clone and sell babies for organ harvesting if there was enough profit in it? Truly I am shocked!

Seriously though, people are utterly delusional if they don't believe pretty much every corporation is a completely amoral institution that cares about nothing other than profit.

Meanwhile I'll just keep buying the better products...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #691
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Which pales in comparison to the multitude of anti-consumer acts Microsoft has done, ranging from outright spying on consumers to getting slammed with a massive anti-trust case due to their heavy handed manipulation of the web browser market.

Fact is, both are out looking to make money off consumers. At this point Sony's relatively new management is presenting an optimist's stance where they believe that delivering what consumers want will pay off. Microsoft meanwhile is trying to tell consumers what they'll want next and hoping that they've guessed right, just with some ****ty messaging.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #692
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

somewhat related sidenote, i've been playing around with windows 8.1 blue preview and it is basically just as crappy as the original. they added the start button back, which takes you immediately back to the tablet start screen. i can't believe they expect people to pay to upgrade to this wannabe tablet os. just finding basic system settings is a chore, and all this touch interface crap with a mouse and keyboard is completely counter-intuitive. finally keeping vista relevant on my dual boot PC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #693
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Which pales in comparison to the multitude of anti-consumer acts Microsoft has done, ranging from outright spying on consumers to getting slammed with a massive anti-trust case due to their heavy handed manipulation of the web browser market.

Fact is, both are out looking to make money off consumers. At this point Sony's relatively new management is presenting an optimist's stance where they believe that delivering what consumers want will pay off. Microsoft meanwhile is trying to tell consumers what they'll want next and hoping that they've guessed right, just with some ****ty messaging.
I'm not necessarily a fanboi for either company, although I've had the last two M$ consoles since the PS1. I'm just surprised people have so quickly forgotten that Sony was essentially willing to install a virus on your computer to prevent you from ripping Sony CDs.

Let's keep our eyes open here. That's all I'm saying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #694
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Which pales in comparison to the multitude of anti-consumer acts Microsoft has done, ranging from outright spying on consumers to getting slammed with a massive anti-trust case due to their heavy handed manipulation of the web browser market.

Fact is, both are out looking to make money off consumers. At this point Sony's relatively new management is presenting an optimist's stance where they believe that delivering what consumers want will pay off. Microsoft meanwhile is trying to tell consumers what they'll want next and hoping that they've guessed right, just with some ****ty messaging.
It doesn't pale in comparison. They installed software that gave them god privelage on your computer remotely without your knowledge. you are speculating that Microsoft spied while Sony was caught actually spying.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #695
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
somewhat related sidenote, i've been playing around with windows 8.1 blue preview and it is basically just as crappy as the original. they added the start button back, which takes you immediately back to the tablet start screen. i can't believe they expect people to pay to upgrade to this wannabe tablet os. just finding basic system settings is a chore, and all this touch interface crap with a mouse and keyboard is completely counter-intuitive. finally keeping vista relevant on my dual boot PC.
Won't argue any of your points as I can't speak to your technical capability or perception of what is / is not intuitive, but I for one can make 8.1 look alot like 7 now. Plus you do not pay for the update if you already own 8.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #696
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Go Avs!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 44,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Sony really has screwed the pooch recently. They are getting their trash handed to them by Korean companies right now.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #697
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Won't argue any of your points as I can't speak to your technical capability or perception of what is / is not intuitive, but I for one can make 8.1 look alot like 7 now. Plus you do not pay for the update if you already own 8.
that's the whole point though, is that consumers shouldn't be forced to download third party applications to return the desktop function to what was the previous standard. i could certainly tweak it however i like, but that's only because i'm a dork and i'm into all this tech stuff. i don't think an aunt, a grandfather, or any other random consumer would have as much knowledge in that regard, and that's why microsoft's current mode of business is frustrating -- the are taking already widely successful (and highly praised) products, and trying to force feed all this new crap THEY think is now better.

fwiw, the only windows i own is an old vista copy. i'm running 8 and 8.1 in virtualbox just to play around to see if i'd want to pay for the upgrade. i don't.

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-03-2013 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: gah don't even get me started with windows RT
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #698
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
that's the whole point though, is that consumers shouldn't be forced to download third party applications to return the desktop function to what was the previous standard. i could certainly tweak it however i like, but that's only because i'm a dork and i'm into all this tech staff. i don't think an aunt, a grandfather, or any other random consumer would have as much knowledge in that regard, and that's why microsoft's current mode of business is frustrating -- the are taking an already widely successful product, and trying to force feed all this new crap THEY think is now better.

fwiw, the only windows i own is an old vista copy. i'm running 8 and 8.1 in virtualbox just to play around to see if i'd want to pay for the upgrade. i don't.
In reality what I think they're trying to do is 'teach' everyone their mobile UI by forcing it on them in Windows on their PC @ home. Then when you go to Best Buy and look at tablets, you'll look at Windows tablets and say "Hey, I already know how to do everything, it's just like my PC at home" They're that desperate to get into the Mobile/Tablet market.

Unfortunately using a PC like a tablet is a bad idea. They'd be better off focusing on how to allow tablets to do what PCs do (as much as possible)

For example, there's still not a really credible Microsoft Office platform for tablets or mobile. That could be a game changer, but they chose not to go there with Office '13, instead focusing on making those of us with huge widescreen monitors explore every corner of the world in order to get even the simplest tasks done (reboot?)

Windows 8 is terrible on the desktop. Taking out everything it brought in can't be considered a solution.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #699
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Then when you go to Best Buy and look at tablets, you'll look at Windows tablets and say "Hey, why would I buy that Windows tablet when I can get an iPad for cheaper or even a $200 Android tablet??"
is what really happens though. or they look at cheaper windows RT tablets and then get pissed when they find out they can't run traditional windows applications on it.

Quote:
They're that desperate to get into the Mobile/Tablet market.
agreed completely, and at that expense they are crapping all over their good products to play catch up

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-03-2013 at 08:06 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #700
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
is what really happens though. or they look at cheaper windows RT tablets and then get pissed when they find out they can run traditional windows applications on it.
Yeah, they need to really think all or nothing about bringing Windows to the tablet market. There's a market for full Windows compatibility in a tablet. Without that, it's just a GUI preference and app support comparison between RT, IOS and Android, which for the most part RT loses. It really only serves to muddy the water for Microsoft.

Their biggest structural problem is they're not set to monetize the tablet's operations like Google is. Google doesn't need to make money on android or chrome OS, because they make money from the things people do on it. M$ has to get cash up front for that tablet copy of Windows.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Denver Broncos