The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #26
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Read the article I posted. What you're saying isn't even close to true.
No matter what you post, this isn't remotely turning out to be the huge scandal you were licking your chops thinking it was going to be. Simply put: you were wrong. Bitter pill. Try a spoon full of sugar.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
No matter what you post, this isn't remotely turning out to be the huge scandal you were licking your chops thinking it was going to be. Simply put: you were wrong. Bitter pill. Try a spoon full of sugar.
I'm not licking my chops over anything. I'm just not ok with it being brushed aside with a second 'internal investigation' that only follows the first because it was a sham.

And contrary to your hopes and dreams, this one won't go away for years. Because it's guaranteed to be going to federal court where all the documentation put out by the IRS paper mill will have to come out.

And because of the politics involved on both sides, it's probably inevitable that a special prosecutor gets named.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...cutor-20130625
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #28
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm not licking my chops over anything. I'm just not ok with it being brushed aside with a second 'internal investigation' that only follows the first because it was a sham.

And contrary to your hopes and dreams, this one won't go away for years. Because it's guaranteed to be going to federal court where all the documentation put out by the IRS paper mill will have to come out.

And because of the politics involved on both sides, it's probably inevitable that a special prosecutor gets named.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...cutor-20130625
Bull****. You've been blaming the administration since day one, hoping they'd find something.

We all see through you.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #29
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Bull****. You've been blaming the administration since day one, hoping they'd find something.

We all see through you.
I think I've made pretty clear that there are only two explanations. Incompetence or maliciousness. I endorsed neither. But as I said from the very beginning, neither is a ringing endorsement of a "Trust Us, We're the Government!" Progressive agenda.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The IRS inspector general is defending its probe, but the IRS’s flagging of conservative groups seems, at worst, to be marginally stricter than its flagging of liberal groups, not the one-sided political witch hunt portrayed by early reports.

What about the rest of the scandals? Well, there aren’t any, and there never were. Benghazi is a case of a bunch of confused agencies caught up in a fast-moving story trying to coordinate talking points. The ever-shifting third leg of the Obama scandal trifecta — Obama’s prosecution of leaks, or use of the National Security Agency — is not a scandal at all. It’s a policy controversy. One can argue that Obama’s policy stance is wrong, or dangerous, or a threat to democracy. But when the president is carrying out duly passed laws and acting at every stage with judicial approval, then the issue is the laws themselves, not misconduct.

The whole Obama scandal episode is a classic creation of a “narrative” — the stitching together of unrelated data points into a story.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...g.html?mid=rss
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #31
BroncoBeavis

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ps-irs-scandal

Quote:
But wait. Early last week we read that the agency used keywords such as "progressive" to target left-leaning groups, too, for extra scrutiny. "New IRS chief: Lists targeted more than tea partyers," said the Chicago Tribune. "Documents Show Liberals in I.R.S. Dragnet," said The New York Times. Congressional Democrats pounced on the suggestion that the agency had treated conservatives and liberals with equal indignity.

But wait some more. On Wednesday a Treasury Department inspector general undercut the equal-abuse argument: From May 2010 to May 2012, the IRS had flagged for added scrutiny six of the 20 applicant groups with words such as "progressive" in their titles. "In comparison, our audit found that 100 percent of the (292) tax-exempt applications with Tea Party, Patriots or 9/12 in their names were processed as potential political cases" — that is, groups possibly too political to merit tax-exempt status. "While we have multiple sources of information corroborating the use of tea party and other related criteria," wrote Inspector General J. Russell George, "including employee interviews, emails and other documents, we found no indication in any of these other materials that 'progressives' was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political-campaign intervention."

Translation: The IRS was overwhelmingly one-sided in scrutinizing applications. And the agency evidently was completely one-sided in subjecting only conservative groups to long processing delays and lengthy, often peculiar requests

But as we wrote May 23, many Americans won't be much interested in what one arm of the Obama administration concludes about the conduct of other arms — the IRS, the Treasury and possibly the White House. There are times when only a special prosecutor has the independence and credibility to resolve such a politically fraught matter.

Why hasn't Attorney General Eric Holder appointed a special prosecutor? The White House, too, should be clamoring for one: The feds are only three months from enrolling Americans in Obamacare, a program that relies on citizens' willingness to have the IRS even more involved in the financial details of their lives.

We applauded when Obama said he would make sure there will be no such future scandal. But lofty pledges aren't enough. The president and his underlings ought to be instructing a special prosecutor to unravel the still mysterious scandal that confronts them today.
But you and Sully keep workin' that Admin Pole, Tony.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

butthead didn't even read the article. Its over butthead,you can stop crying wolf.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ps-irs-scandal

But you and Sully keep workin' that Admin Pole, Tony.
You should read it all....carefully.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
You should read it all....carefully.
Ah, the slightly modified Wagsesque NoYOUAH!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #35
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Ah, the slightly modified Wagsesque NoYOUAH!
I'm sure you're trying to say something.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I'm sure you're trying to say something.
Now you know how it feels.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #37
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Now you know how it feels.
From the same paragraph you highlighted.

Quote:
"we found no indication in any of these other materials that 'progressives' was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political-campaign intervention."
Guess you must have missed it.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
From the same paragraph you highlighted.

Guess you must have missed it.
You seem to be reading it backwards or something. The Tribune even followed up by translating it for you though...

Quote:
Translation: The IRS was overwhelmingly one-sided in scrutinizing applications. And the agency evidently was completely one-sided in subjecting only conservative groups to long processing delays and lengthy, often peculiar requests
Old 07-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #39
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
You seem to be reading it backwards or something. The Tribune even followed up by translating it for you though...

Explain how I read it 'backwards or something?'

Quote:
"we found no indication in any of these other materials that 'progressives' was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political-campaign intervention."
I guess the quote needed to be 'translated' for those who don't comprehend plain English.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 07-02-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #40
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
So the IRS paid attention to self proclaimed anti tax groups looking for tax free status. Go figure.
It would stand to reason that people who are anti-tax (conservatives, tea party members) would want to be exempt from taxes.

It would stand to reason that people who are pro tax (progressives, liberals) would not want to be tax exempt.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
No. Liberal groups were also targeted. That was known from the start. The turnover time was the big difference

Obviously hundreds of conservative organizations being denied and delayed their tax exempt status is the same as several liberal groups being denied or delayed.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #42
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So at the end of the day, the IRS did its job. They scrutinized both liberal & conservative groups.
so if the IRS scrutinized a few caucasian groups but also scrutinized hundreds of black groups you would make the same statement?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #43
errand
Ring of Famer

amazing how the IRS admits to unfairly targeting conservative and tea party groups and we have liberals claiming they didn't....
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Explain how I read it 'backwards or something?'

I guess the quote needed to be 'translated' for those who don't comprehend plain English.
So at the end of the day, if the IRS searched both Liberal and Conservative groups, but approved a large majority (if not all?) of the Liberal applications while breaking protocol to block 100% of conservative applications... the cult of personality is A-OK with that.

Got it. Will mark that down for later.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #45
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
So at the end of the day, if the IRS searched both Liberal and Conservative groups, but approved a large majority (if not all?) of the Liberal applications while breaking protocol to block 100% of conservative applications... the cult of personality is A-OK with that.

Got it. Will mark that down for later.
I was talking about the quote you edited out of the paragraph. Nothing more.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #46
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
so if the IRS scrutinized a few caucasian groups but also scrutinized hundreds of black groups you would make the same statement?
Yeah. "Hey, we once made a white guy sit at the back of the bus too. What are you complaining about?"

Shameless.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #47
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I was talking about the quote you edited out of the paragraph. Nothing more.
, the part you quoted is right there in what I posted.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So at the end of the day, the IRS did its job. They scrutinized both liberal & conservative groups.
Debunked!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #49
B-Large

The GOP obsession with scandals won't help them until they starting delivering a message voters want to get behind.

Reagan once said something along the lines of "Conservatism only works in conjunction with Optimism"

Does anything about the GOP sound optimistic? Repeal Heathcare protections, self Deportation, the makers versus takers, piling on the poor- the most vulnerable among us... The 47 perecent

They still don't get it...
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #50
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I find it hard to believe that if there was no wrongdoing, the head of the IRS would plead the 5th. Now, she's asking for immunity to talk about all the 'nothing wrong' she didn't do, er something.

No scandal, my arse...
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote