The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You'll love it.....my favorites were his confrontations with Sgt. Doakes...

Ah yeah, Stokes was kick ass. Loved those 2 always going at it. What great about this series is that it's been 8 years. When it's over, you could literally go back and watch again from the beginning and while it would not be completely new, there would still be much of it (the details) that you would have forgotten and it would be quite entertaining.

Oh and for those that said last season wasn't that good, it was the highest rated season of all 7 years and it wasn't even close. Over 6.5 million viewers last year. The Dexter series has shattered Showtime viewing records.

I highly recommend this series to anybody. And I'd start from the beginning.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #27
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Ah yeah, Stokes was kick ass. Loved those 2 always going at it. What great about this series is that it's been 8 years. When it's over, you could literally go back and watch again from the beginning and while it would not be completely new, there would still be much of it (the details) that you would have forgotten and it would be quite entertaining.

Oh and for those that said last season wasn't that good, it was the highest rated season of all 7 years and it wasn't even close. Over 6.5 million viewers last year. The Dexter series has shattered Showtime viewing records.

Surprise Mother ****er!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #28
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:

just because it was highly watched does not mean it was a good season by any means. I'm hoping it ends with a good ending and not on a let down to make up for the last few seasons.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
just because it was highly watched does not mean it was a good season by any means. I'm hoping it ends with a good ending and not on a let down to make up for the last few seasons.
I don't know about you Ray but I don't watch stuff I don't like. When you say "good" it's a relative term. Apparently 6.5 million other people thought it was good. You can't please them all. Just face it, you're one of the few who didn't like last season, while millions loved it.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #30
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
I don't know about you Ray but I don't watch stuff I don't like. When you say "good" it's a relative term. Apparently 6.5 million other people thought it was good. You can't please them all. Just face it, you're one of the few who didn't like last season, while millions loved it.
I never said I do not like Dexter, I simply said that it was not a good season. I watch the show since I read the books prior to the series starting and still do. If you read the books, then watched the show, you may have a different opinion.

I loved the show Lost but disliked the final season because it wasn't written well. It was rushed. That doesn't mean I stopped watching it.

American Idol, Glee, and the Voice are highly rated and watched shows, that does not mean they are good.....
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #31
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I never said I do not like Dexter, I simply said that it was not a good season. I watch the show since I read the books prior to the series starting and still do. If you read the books, then watched the show, you may have a different opinion.

I loved the show Lost but disliked the final season because it wasn't written well. It was rushed. That doesn't mean I stopped watching it.

American Idol, Glee, and the Voice are highly rated and watched shows, that does not mean they are good.....
Don't plan on going back and forth with you on this all day but I will say that comparing a show like Glee that's target audience is teens, to a drama series is apples and oranges, not to mention those shows are free to watch, while Showtime is not. Of course anything decent on basic TV will normally have a higher viewing audience then a premier channel you have to pay for. But it's all relative. I bet all those teens think Glee is a good show, even though someone like yourself does not. It's noted, you didn't think last season of Dexter was well written. Millions of others I'm sure thought it was. To each their own I guess. I guess we both can agree, that Dexter is a successful show. While it may be great for some, good for others and maybe even average for some, it is a successful show.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #32
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Don't plan on going back and forth with you on this all day but I will say that comparing a show like Glee that's target audience is teens, to a drama series is apples and oranges, not to mention those shows are free to watch, while Showtime is not. Of course anything decent on basic TV will normally have a higher viewing audience then a premier channel you have to pay for. But it's all relative. I bet all those teens think Glee is a good show, even though someone like yourself does not. It's noted, you didn't think last season of Dexter was well written. Millions of others I'm sure thought it was. To each their own I guess. I guess we both can agree, that Dexter is a successful show. While it may be great for some, good for others and maybe even average for some, it is a successful show.
well written. I highly recommend reading the first book that season one was based on.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

ohh that sounds like a good read...
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #34
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
That gave me pause as well. lol
I guess Elway isn't that uncommon a last name, but curious if the inspiration for "Jacob Elway" was the most famous beholder of that surname.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #35
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The writing these past few seasons has been legitimately bad. The first and fourth seasons were amazing though.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I read two of the books and they were absolute garbage.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I agree that it's been lazy and "not as good" since Trinity. That season was magic. But this new lady, the psychiatrist.. that lady freaks me the f out. she's got that special sort of sickness that trinity had, you can tell by her eyes.. it's messed up.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #38
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah Dexter headbutting Doakes was one of my favorite moments of the series.

Last edited by Kaylore; 07-02-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #39
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah Dexter headbutting Stokes was one of my favorite moments of the series.
That and the blocked punch, under the arm throat choke.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #40
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
That and the blocked punch, under the arm throat choke.

"What's a lab geek need with Advanced Jujitsu anyways?!"

-James Doakes
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #41
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Wow...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #42
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Wow...
That was awful.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #43
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That was awful.
Really bad.

I liked this season up until this.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #44
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought it was a great ending. A really moving decision by Dexter to allow the other two to live a more normal life. Really goes against how selfish and self-absorbed he normally is.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #45
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post
I thought it was a great ending. A really moving decision by Dexter to allow the other two to live a more normal life. Really goes against how selfish and self-absorbed he normally is.
Hannah is a serial killer as well. So he just abandoned his son and her to become a lumberjack?

Python much?

myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #46
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Hannah is a serial killer as well. So he just abandoned his son and her to become a lumberjack?

Python much?

They loved each other. Hannah wouldn't kill Harrison.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #47
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I didn't mind the ending.
It was much better than all the crappy ways I was thinking they would end it.
I can shoot holes in anything I watch for the most part if I wanted , so the story has to be something different or interesting or I'm super negative man about it.
But I enjoyed Dexter from start to finish for the most part ... Beside a few total wtf moments that I just let go so I can enjoy something besides football.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #48
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

For me Dexter season 1, 2 and 4 were best. Everything else was fine or okay with a few really stupid moments (a lot of them involving Deb). The series finale was highly disappointing. First of all, Harrison has 2 actual family members he should be with, his brother and sister so Hannah has no business getting him. Seriously weak sauce. And Dexter, well running off to the Pacific Northwest would've been okay if they actually show that he's off his leash and gone full on monster. I suppose that could be implied, but it would've been really interesting if they showed him killing like his brother used to or at least gave more visual indicators he is killing but no longer by Harry's code which would've made more sense. In short, it was a let down.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #49
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

For me the finale wasn't the best but I was just more pissy about the entire series ending then I was about the final show. I loved that show and I had a great time watching it.

Homeland is starting out kinda slow this year, hope it picks up soon.

Anybody watching the new series called Masters Of Sex? It's pretty darn good so far.