The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #2301
OrangeSe7en

Anyone think that the recent trade by the Avs, sets in stone that they're going to take player X at #1?

Another thing occurred to me: the Avs won a Stanley Cup, largely because of the Eric Lindros trade (they got a boatload by trading him including Peter Forsberg). Is their unwillingness to say with absolute certainty an acknowledgment that they remember the impact of that trade and would entertain something similar? Its doubtful it will happen in a deep draft like this.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #2302
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Jakub Kindl has reupped with Detroit for 4 years at 2.3 per year.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #2303
OrangeSe7en

I heard that the Flames offered the #6, #22, and #28 for the #1 and were turned down. Either the Avs really love their player at #1 or there's a huge trade that is going to happen.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #2304
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
I heard that the Flames offered the #6, #22, and #28 for the #1 and were turned down. Either the Avs really love their player at #1 or there's a huge trade that is going to happen.
Avs will not drop below #4. they've said that repeatedly and meant it.
if you stay in the top 4 you will draft one of MacKinnon,Drouin,Jones or Barkov.
they're the unquestioned top 4 players in the draft. Nichushkin is really good but 5th best.
no reason to drop down that fair. Buffalo offered all their firsts as well.

we want Florida to give us Gudbranson and #2 for the #1.

though personally i want whatever trade that forces us to take Seth Jones. which would probably be dropping down to #4 with Nashville. who wants to deal up for MacKinnon but they also love Barkov and know he will likely go #4 to them if MacKinnon goes #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
So that leaves Tanguay, Oreilly, Landy, Parentau to wing the top 2 lines and Downie and possibly Hejduk if he comes back with Mckinnon?
doubt Tanguay is on the 2nd line over Downie. Downie is grittier and more physical.
i just don't see the Avs taking Hejduk back. he wants to play under Roy badly but he's basically done.

Last edited by Lestat; 06-29-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #2305
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Been a rough few years for Avs fans. Football will always be king for me but there is little more exciting than NHL playoffs. The decisions by the Avs in the next 48 hours are going to be huge to get us back on that stage. Part of me doesn't want us to move. Take McKinnon who's the best player on the board and be done with it. Partner him up with some of the skill we already have and go from there. Maybe dip into the FA pool to looking for some defensemen and goal-tenders. Anybody care to take a guess as to what type of upside McKinnon has comparing to current NHL all-stars?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #2306
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Avs will not drop below #4. they've said that repeatedly and meant it.
if you stay in the top 4 you will draft one of MacKinnon,Drouin,Jones or Barkov.
they're the unquestioned top 4 players in the draft. Nichushkin is really good but 5th best.
no reason to drop down that fair. Buffalo offered all their firsts as well.

we want Florida to give us Gudbranson and #2 for the #1.

though personally i want whatever trade that forces us to take Seth Jones. which would probably be dropping down to #4 with Nashville. who wants to deal up for MacKinnon but they also love Barkov and know he will likely go #4 to them if MacKinnon goes #1.

doubt Tanguay is on the 2nd line over Downie. Downie is grittier and more physical.
i just don't see the Avs taking Hejduk back. he wants to play under Roy badly but he's basically done.
Then the Avs are probably taking MacKinnon--assuming they're being honest. The top 4 doesn't have a wealth of picks/players to offer, not to mention, they, too, can take a Barkov/Jones/Druin.

I'm a MacKinnon guy. There's a premium on speed and scoring now.

I really think they'd be better off with the F at 1 and D at 32. They'll likely get someone like Hagg/Morin/Morrissey/Theodore/McCoshen/Bowey/Bigras in rd 2.

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 06-29-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Old 06-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #2307
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Been a rough few years for Avs fans. Football will always be king for me but there is little more exciting than NHL playoffs. The decisions by the Avs in the next 48 hours are going to be huge to get us back on that stage. Part of me doesn't want us to move. Take McKinnon who's the best player on the board and be done with it. Partner him up with some of the skill we already have and go from there. Maybe dip into the FA pool to looking for some defensemen and goal-tenders. Anybody care to take a guess as to what type of upside McKinnon has comparing to current NHL all-stars?
Currently: Steven Stamkos

Previously: Pavel Bure

He might be better than both. Who knows. One reason I like MacKinnon is because it's more likely that he'll significantly refine skills than it is that Drouin will become a faster/stronger skater.

For all that is made about Seth Jones' skill set, MacKinnon skated around him at the blue line during a crucial moment and made it look fairly easy. That speed/skill should create a lot of chances.

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 06-29-2013 at 07:12 PM..
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #2308
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Some rumor that TB would trade Hedman and No 3 to COL for 1 and EJ.

That would be a huge steal for COL.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #2309
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post

I can see Drouin entering the mix since he draws more comparisons to Sakic.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #2310
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Rumor that Letang has been traded to TOR for Gardiner and Kulemin. This had come up earlier in the week...rearing its head again. I would go for that.....but try and squeeze them for a pick as well. It's Toronto..they'll fold.

I am really sure Letang will be traded to someone tomorrow. Anaheim would be a good fit as well for Gibson Etem and a pick.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #2311
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Rumor that Letang has been traded to TOR for Gardiner and Kulemin. This had come up earlier in the week...rearing its head again. I would go for that.....but try and squeeze them for a pick as well. It's Toronto..they'll fold.

I am really sure Letang will be traded to someone tomorrow. Anaheim would be a good fit as well for Gibson Etem and a pick.
I can see a LeTang trade resulting in the perception that both sides lost. With less offensive firepower in Toronto (than in Pitt), offense might not come as easily for LeTang.

Likewise for Pittsburgh, there's no guarantee that the acquired players will produce offensively like LeTang. They may be better defensively, but that might be noticed less if there's an offensive fall off from the LeTang trade.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #2312
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

There are rumors that Detroit have traded with Anaheim: Bobby Ryan and a 1st round pick from Anaheim for Tomas Tatar, Almqvist, Lashoff and a 3rd round pick.

It is very unverified at this time and no reputable source has commented on it.

On another note, Lecavalier has met with a bunch of teams today including Detroit, Toronto, Dallas, Anaheim, St Louis, Montreal and Philly.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #2313
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Rumor is that Scuderi wants 4 million for 5 years....appreciated your service with the Kings, but that's way too steep for an aging stay at home Dman. See ya.

Rumor:

* The Flyers are talking to many teams, but there are many who feel the Kings and Flyers are as close to finishing a deal as anyone.

* Washington and NYR trying to acquire the rights of Scuderi from LA.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #2314
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Rumor is that Scuderi wants 4 million for 5 years....appreciated your service with the Kings, but that's way too steep for an aging stay at home Dman. See ya.

Rumor:

* The Flyers are talking to many teams, but there are many who feel the Kings and Flyers are as close to finishing a deal as anyone.

* Washington and NYR trying to acquire the rights of Scuderi from LA.
I love the Piece too......but 4/20 is too much. 3/12 would be fine.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #2315
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Wonder if Shero jumps in to acquire his rights? His divisional rivals are doing so.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #2316
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

The LA/Philly rumor looks credible, some swap of players and picks going to happen.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #2317
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Wonder if Shero jumps in to acquire his rights? His divisional rivals are doing so.
Doubt it......although I do like the player. We don't have many picks to trade right now and I don't think they would acquire his rights if he wants a 4 year deal.

Eklund says Montreal hottest team on Letang....which is no surprise at all. They don't have much we would want though. Pacioretty and their first doesn't come close to getting a deal done. I don't think they are a good partner.

I like the TOR proposal (Gardiner, Kulemin plus 1st or 2nd), I like ANA (Etem, Gibson, first) and TB (Hedman...and maybe a 2nd) the best.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2318
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
The LA/Philly rumor looks credible, some swap of players and picks going to happen.
Is there some agreement you have with Homer to always be a trading partner?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2319
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Is there some agreement you have with Homer to always be a trading partner?
Dean Lombardi knows Homer well, and also Clarke. I just want to know who the players are that are being swapped. Rumor is from Eklund but he's been pretty acurrate with Philly trades in the past.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #2320
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Eklund also posted that Nathan Horton wants to go to NY or LA to help his wife's modeling career. Lolwut?
Old 06-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #2321
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:

Damn. So Letang is worth EJ and the 1st Overall?
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #2322
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Damn. So Letang is worth EJ and the 1st Overall?
Lol.

I still think you will be surprised by the return. It will be at least as much as Staal.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #2323
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
he gets compared to Crosby alot but i think he'll be closer to Sakic production wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Then the Avs are probably taking MacKinnon--assuming they're being honest. The top 4 doesn't have a wealth of picks/players to offer, not to mention, they, too, can take a Barkov/Jones/Druin.

I'm a MacKinnon guy. There's a premium on speed and scoring now.

I really think they'd be better off with the F at 1 and D at 32. They'll likely get someone like Hagg/Morin/Morrissey/Theodore/McCoshen/Bowey/Bigras in rd 2.
i badly want Mueller in the 2nd. be happy with Hagg or Theodore too.
Heatherington would be awesome if he fell to round 3 but someone will snap him up in round 2.

the only team likely to move up with the goods to match what we want is Florida.

Quote:

not going to happen. Colorado doesn't need to deal EJ and Tampa would be dumb as hell to deal Hedman.

Quote:

there is nothing the pens can leverage to get a pick. it's widely known Letang wants Toronto and won't take less than 7.75 mil from the pens or something crazy.

Quote:
Lol.

I still think you will be surprised by the return. It will be at least as much as Staal.
no it won't. everyone knows the Pens have to deal him and this draft is way too deep to deal a 1st for Letang.
no team is going to give up a ton for Letang and still have to pay him Suter and Weber money.
well Philly would but there is no way they can right now.

edit: let me clarify that. no team is going to give up what the pens want initially for Letang. a first, roster player and prospect is not going to happen.
not and have to pay him franchise D money.

Last edited by Lestat; 06-29-2013 at 10:20 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #2324
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
he gets compared to Crosby alot but i think he'll be closer to Sakic production wise.

i badly want Mueller in the 2nd. be happy with Hagg or Theodore too.
Heatherington would be awesome if he fell to round 3 but someone will snap him up in round 2.

the only team likely to move up with the goods to match what we want is Florida.

not going to happen. Colorado doesn't need to deal EJ and Tampa would be dumb as hell to deal Hedman.

there is nothing the pens can leverage to get a pick. it's widely known Letang wants Toronto and won't take less than 7.75 mil from the pens or something crazy.

no it won't. everyone knows the Pens have to deal him and this draft is way too deep to deal a 1st for Letang.
no team is going to give up a ton for Letang and still have to pay him Suter and Weber money.
well Philly would but there is no way they can right now.

edit: let me clarify that. no team is going to give up what the pens want initially for Letang. a first, roster player and prospect is not going to happen.
not and have to pay him franchise D money.
Wrong. It is not widely known he wants to go Toronto. That was made up by Rob Rossi......who last year also told us that Yandle to PIT was a "done deal".....so save it.

Also the whole "they can't get X cause everyone knows they have to deal him" is a crap argument. Last year not only was it known that Staal HAD to be dealt, but it was also known that regardless of what happened he would end up signing with Carolina and they STILL raped Carolina..,.with a 15 inch dick.

A first, roster player and prospect are the terms.....or a really good roster player and a prospect. The UFA market is hot garbage. That alone will spur demand.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #2325
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Eklund also posted that Nathan Horton wants to go to NY or LA to help his wife's modeling career. Lolwut?
It would have to be the Islanders. Rangers don't have the cap room.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote