The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #51
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
How about we take the $41 billion we currently give the oil companies in subsidies, and use that money to begin researching a new direction?
Most of those "subsidies" are breaks every American company gets for any kind of domestic production in the name of encouraging job creation.

Not saying it's a great system, but for the most part it's not Big Oil getting special treatment.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #52
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Most of those "subsidies" are breaks every American company gets for any kind of domestic production in the name of encouraging job creation.

Not saying it's a great system, but for the most part it's not Big Oil getting special treatment.
ahhh..but when Solyandra gets 500 million you righties go apeshet.
Rigs11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #53
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
ahhh..but when Solyandra gets 500 million you righties go apeshet.
Boom goes the dynamite.

Spin away, spinbot!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

the reason we didn't like the solar giveaway is that it didn't make sense financially. Supporting oil however leads to an abundant powerful proven energy source. I realize lefties don't understand how little bang for your buck you get from solar but whatever good luck saving the planet.

meanwhile wind farms kill birds left and right and the govt gives them a waiver for no fine. If an oil company kills a bird its a big fine. True **** look it up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #55
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
the reason we didn't like the solar giveaway is that it didn't make sense financially. Supporting oil however leads to an abundant powerful proven energy source. I realize lefties don't understand how little bang for your buck you get from solar but whatever good luck saving the planet.

meanwhile wind farms kill birds left and right and the govt gives them a waiver for no fine. If an oil company kills a bird its a big fine. True **** look it up.
Okay, so please list the companies which received federal aid during Republican administrations and subsequently failed that you and your party went ape**** about. Either alphabetical or by total money invested/lost will work.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #56
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
ahhh..but when Solyandra The Toilet gets 500 million you righties go apeshet.
FIFY.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #57
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
How about we take the $41 billion we currently give the oil companies in subsidies, and use that money to begin researching a new direction?
That's bad for how business is currently done. Not for the betterment of anyone on earth that doesn't get a golden parachute.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #58
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

If someone can give me a $ figure on how much the subsidies fix pricing at the pump, i don't want to hear anyone being "pro" on that vote.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
If someone can give me a $ figure on how much the subsidies fix pricing at the pump, i don't want to hear anyone being "pro" on that vote.
Beavis and Cutthead, I would like to know this as well.
Rigs11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Solar power just isn't very powerful thats all. You get more bang for your buck with oil.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #61
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Years of scientific data showing vastly less warming than the doomsday models predicted? Only one side is currently ignoring the data.
Yeah. Your side.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #62
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

O.K., it’s still not clear whether any of this will happen. Some of the people I talk to are cynical about the new climate initiative, believing that the president won’t actually follow through. All I can say is, I hope they’re wrong.

Near the end of his speech, the president urged his audience to: “Invest. Divest. Remind folks there’s no contradiction between a sound environment and strong economic growth.” Normally, one would be tempted to dismiss this as the sound of someone waving away the need for hard choices. But, in this case, it was simple good sense: We really can invest in new energy sources, divest from old sources, and actually make the economy stronger. So let’s do it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/op...ulkrugman&_r=0
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #63
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yeah. Your side.
Lolz

No You-AH!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #64
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
O.K., it’s still not clear whether any of this will happen. Some of the people I talk to are cynical about the new climate initiative, believing that the president won’t actually follow through. All I can say is, I hope they’re wrong.

Near the end of his speech, the president urged his audience to: “Invest. Divest. Remind folks there’s no contradiction between a sound environment and strong economic growth.” Normally, one would be tempted to dismiss this as the sound of someone waving away the need for hard choices. But, in this case, it was simple good sense: We really can invest in new energy sources, divest from old sources, and actually make the economy stronger. So let’s do it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/op...ulkrugman&_r=0
Meanwhile some Obama donor and a competing oil pipeline stand to gain from Keystone being killed. Are you sure Obama not just totally full of **** and still fooling you?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

obama has shown he lies about how he really feels to get a political advantage. This is all talk just to get the focus off the scandals, take control of the issues, and make liberals all happy. In the end he won't do much and will be building his library in only 4 more yrs lol.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #66
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
obama has shown he lies about how he really feels to get a political advantage. This is all talk just to get the focus off the scandals, take control of the issues, and make liberals all happy. In the end he won't do much and will be building his library in only 4 more yrs lol.
We told you the "scandals" wouldn't go anywhere. Now you're p***Y because we were right.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Where did I say they will go? All scandals burn out and i said early on it won't get back to the White House. Since Nixon went down all presidents make sure they are protected when it comes to scandals. You will never see, ever again, a USA President go down like Nixon. So the issue is what does the White House do to get things moving the direction they want again. So this is the plan. Lie about how we are going to reduce co2 and cool the earth. lie about keystone when a donor has a competing pipline on the other side of Canada. Obama a big fat liar and that has been shown over and over again. But unlike the Who song you will get fooled again.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Where did I say they will go? All scandals burn out and i said early on it won't get back to the White House. Since Nixon went down all presidents make sure they are protected when it comes to scandals. You will never see, ever again, a USA President go down like Nixon. So the issue is what does the White House do to get things moving the direction they want again. So this is the plan. Lie about how we are going to reduce co2 and cool the earth. lie about keystone when a donor has a competing pipline on the other side of Canada. Obama a big fat liar and that has been shown over and over again. But unlike the Who song you will get fooled again.
What are you talking about? Clinton was impeached. Geez, read something, will ya?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #69
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
What are you talking about? Clinton was impeached. Geez, read something, will ya?
Sex stuff like Clinton IMO is different. Not official business.