The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #51
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
If I were a glorified secretary that had, at best, a questionable grasp on grammar I wouldn't be thumping my chest quite so much.
you kidding? i have my own secretary bub.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #52
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
you kidding? i have my own secretary bub.
Here's hoping you do. Maybe that person actually fully understands how to write a complete sentence.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #53
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Here's hoping you do. Maybe that person actually fully understands how to write a complete sentence.
Internet English teachers are pathetic. It's the last line of attack when you figure out you are overmatched intellectually.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #54
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Internet English teachers are pathetic. It's the last line of attack when you figure out you are overmatched intellectually.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Everything spelled right Ms. Fedaykin?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #56
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Everything spelled right Ms. Fedaykin?
Apparently I hit a nerve. Awesome. My work here is done for the day.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #57
houghtam
Ring of Famer

In my experience, the people who disparage those with a good handle on the English language are those who have the worst language skills.

Stands to reason. Jealousy is a perfectly natural human emotion.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #58
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

The federal government throws these numbers around like every place in the country is equal. A $15 minimum wage would slaughter the poorer states. That's why it shouldn't be the federal government's business to set a minimum wage. If we want to control the labor market because it's not a free market anyway, then we should at least give that right to the States to set wages at levels that make sense where the cost of living is lower.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I currently own a very successful small business (30 years) and have seven employees. My manager and assistant manager are both paid very well. My five other employees are usually students from the local university and stay with me for four to six years. I start all my part time employees out at minimum wage and I move them up the pay scale according to their performance. I currently have a file full of quality applications.

There is a very simple rule that I follow. I maintain a constant profit margin and if there is a raise in the minimum wage or any other increase in the cost of good or services, I pass them directly to my customers.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #60
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
There is a very simple rule that I follow. I maintain a constant profit margin and if there is a raise in the minimum wage or any other increase in the cost of good or services, I pass them directly to my customers.
Good, the sooner we start dealing with the true cost of goods and services the better. Subsidizing your prices tax dollars because people aren't making a living wage (and thus make up the difference with social programs) doesn't do anyone any good.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #61
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's pretty simple. If you're a businessperson and want people off the public dole: do your part and pay your employees a living wage.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #62
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Umm you can't trumpet "true costs" market BS then come back with minimum wage should be 15 bucks. In a true free market there would be no minimum wage. Only the price that someone would agree to do something for. If you force a wage then right there you will not see the true price of what good and services should cost. You will see the inflated version because of govt forcing low wage workers to make 15 bucks an hour.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #63
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

A min wage is as silly as a maximum wage. You solve the social safety net problem by reducing it and making people get educated, work, or just die off because they are useless dead weight.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #64
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Good, the sooner we start dealing with the true cost of goods and services the better. Subsidizing your prices tax dollars because people aren't making a living wage (and thus make up the difference with social programs) doesn't do anyone any good.
What part of this do you not understand? You can raise the minimum wage and eliminate all the social programs you want, as a matter of fact I would like to see that happen. I will still adjust the cost to my consumers and maintain the same profit margin that I have for the past 30 years.

Question: What do you call a minimum wage employee making $15 hour?

Answer: A minimum wage employee.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Under feds plan you wouldn't have any small businesses. Forcing mom and pop diners, small retail stores etc to pay 15 bucks an hour would kill their business model.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #66
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It's pretty simple. If you're a businessperson and want people off the public dole: do your part and pay your employees a living wage.
Or he could just send them home and put in a machine instead. In many cases.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It would actually just force more people to welfare if you made a 15 buck min wage.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #68
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Umm you can't trumpet "true costs" market BS then come back with minimum wage should be 15 bucks. In a true free market there would be no minimum wage. Only the price that someone would agree to do something for. If you force a wage then right there you will not see the true price of what good and services should cost. You will see the inflated version because of govt forcing low wage workers to make 15 bucks an hour.
Show me where I agreed with the idea of a $15 minimum federal wage.

And it's absolutely about true costs. If people don't make a living wage, then the difference is made up by social programs (food stamps, etc.).

The true cost of what you buy at wal mart (or other similar labor abusers) is not the sticker price. It's the price on sticker + the extra taxes that go to wal mart employees who aren't being paid enough to be self sufficient.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #69
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Or he could just send them home and put in a machine instead. In many cases.
That happens to, but machines also require people to build and maintain them -- people who can earn enough many to support many more people.

It's certainly not a trivial matter. Nevertheless, the point remains: If you're a conservative businessperson b****ing about moochers and you aren't paying your employees a living wage, you're part of the problem not the solution.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #70
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Please do me a favor and ask to speak at your next local chamber of commerce meeting and present this concept to all the local business owners in your area. Please let me know how this goes over with tax paying business owners.

I know what you are getting at, you want the Feds to force this down our throats and control our profit margins? Supply and demand is evil right?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

BS Fed jobs in retail aren't supposed to be jobs you do for a career.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #72
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You can't make it to where someone can live in So Calif, own a home, and a car, and work at Walmart. Sorry you have to try harder then that. Otherwise you live in an apt with 4 other people and scrape by.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #73
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Please do me a favor and ask to speak at your next local chamber of commerce meeting and present this concept to all the local business owners in your area. Please let me know how this goes over with tax paying business owners.

I know what you are getting at, you want the Feds to force this down our throats and control our profit margins? Supply and demand is evil right?
No, I want business owners to stop subsidizing their businesses with public dollar while simultaneously b****ing about people using social programs. Guess what happens when you pay your employees a living wage? Less tax is needed for social programs.

Also, don't lecture me about supply and demand. You've already proven you don't have a clue about it -- when you talk about your "constant profit". Unless you have a business with 100% inelastic demand you are full of **** about changing your prices and maintaining the same profit margin.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #74
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
BS Fed jobs in retail aren't supposed to be jobs you do for a career.
... yet many do. It's why what Houghtam says (two different standards for different types of workers) is somewhat interesting
Old 06-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #75
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
... yet many do. It's why what Houghtam says (two different standards for different types of workers) is somewhat interesting
It's not interesting its BS liberal crap. Oh do the same job but because you are a kid you make 5 bucks an hour. While some deadbeat adult who decided to be lazy now gets 15 bucks an hour for the same job. How can people even take crap like this seriously. It's so stupid and will never be considered so what is interesting about it?