The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #151
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Now you know how we feel about religion being peddled in our schools. Worship who you want, really. But do it in the closet. Actually now that I think of it, there's a passage in the bible about that...
How will kids be informed if you don't teach religion and the parents don't take him to church?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #152
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Where is the church paraded around in classrooms? The difference now being that liberals favorite argument is to say keep 'your' religion out of my life!!! but when it comes to their 'cause' they are all about trampling over the top of people with it never bothering to notice the hypocrisy of their previous words or actions.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #153
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok but what does that have to do with 2 men wanting to be parteners/mates/husband and wife? You are saying that is unfair to 2 brothers who just want to live together because they don't get marraige bennies? That is ridiculous IMO.
The state can't extend benefits to one but not the other in the name of equal protection. Are you saying state sanctioned partnerships should hinge entirely on the willingness to consummate? That can't be the standard.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #154
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Where is the church paraded around in classrooms? The difference now being that liberals favorite argument is to say keep 'your' religion out of my life!!! but when it comes to their 'cause' they are all about trampling over the top of people with it never bothering to notice the hypocrisy of their previous words or actions.
As far as I know, there's nothing written in the Constitution that says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of Houghtam's cause..."
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #155
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The state can't extend benefits to one but not the other in the name of equal protection. Are you saying state sanctioned partnerships should hinge entirely on the willingness to consummate? That can't be the standard.
So you are saying you think anyone should be able to form a social partnership that gets the same bennies as married people, but without the sex, love, etc etc. Could those 2 men then still have girlfriends lol? I guess i am sort of seeing where you are coming from but to tell you the truth it seems like a last ditch effort to throw poop on an issue you lost on and are unhappy about. I get it though.

I don't really like seeing things like Transgendered 4 yr old gets to use girls bathroom, victory for transgendered everywhere! I mean it gets ridiculous like a bad Southpark episode.

IMO we need to make it easier for people to afford private schools with vouchers so they aren't stuck sending kids to a we let johnny dress like a girl school but you can't say a prayer.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #156
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm more ready to say end all marriage bennies. Treat singles and married the same. End of problem.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #157
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well Beavis, it's good to know that cut isn't just playing dumb when he argues with me. When he can't understand a fairly basic argument from someone who shares most of his views either, well...

I'm sorry, cut. You're. Very. Special.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #158
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Well Beavis, it's good to know that cut isn't just playing dumb when he argues with me. When he can't understand a fairly basic argument from someone who shares most of his views either, well...

I'm sorry, cut. You're. Very. Special.
BS it's a smart man who asks questions. Some of us just don't agree with one side everytime like you Mr Mom.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #159
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
BS it's a smart man who asks questions. Some of us just don't agree with one side everytime like you Mr Mom.
A smart man asks good questions. An idiot asks "NURRRR WUT DAT MEEN?" after it's been explained twice. You've already shown your propensity to go off half cocked without having read or understood posts before. This just confirms it wasn't a partisan thing; you are brain dead in both sides of the aisle.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #160
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I'm more ready to say end all marriage bennies. Treat singles and married the same. End of problem.
that is truely the best solution
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #161
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So you are saying you think anyone should be able to form a social partnership that gets the same bennies as married people, but without the sex, love, etc etc. Could those 2 men then still have girlfriends lol? I guess i am sort of seeing where you are coming from but to tell you the truth it seems like a last ditch effort to throw poop on an issue you lost on and are unhappy about. I get it though.

I don't really like seeing things like Transgendered 4 yr old gets to use girls bathroom, victory for transgendered everywhere! I mean it gets ridiculous like a bad Southpark episode.

IMO we need to make it easier for people to afford private schools with vouchers so they aren't stuck sending kids to a we let johnny dress like a girl school but you can't say a prayer.
There are lots of loveless and/or sexless marriages out there. Even marriages of pure convenience with action on the side. Not sure why they deserve special treatment.

"Traditional" marriage essentially died with the easy no-fault divorce. And I've thought we needed to strip state sanctioned marriage down to a naked contract between any two consenting adults for a long time. Regardless of this case.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #162
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I personally don't care what gay folks do. However when teachers and lefties start pushing for gay rights month in schools especially elementary/middle & high school along with gay day, classes featuring gay as the new normal in regards to the American family & culture and the rest of the bs indoctrinating propaganda, there will be issues.
You know, I don't believe anyone has ever even thought of doing that. Once again, thanks to the right wing of American politics for giving us such a great idea with which to torment them.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #163
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

gotta love the rightwing homophobes
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #164
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

save us from teh gays!
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #165
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
...abortion as a form of birth control... That's what 99% of abortions are used for.
I'm fairly confident that most abortion decisions are more complicated than this. Poverty and/or circumstances probably play a large part. I'm not suggesting that makes it more "right". Just that people aren't doing it simply out of convenience as your point might suggest. Probably a very difficult decision for most. Read some of these stories:

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/threads/its-so-personal/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #166
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I personally don't care what gay folks do. However when teachers and lefties start pushing for gay rights month in schools especially elementary/middle & high school along with gay day, classes featuring gay as the new normal in regards to the American family & culture and the rest of the bs indoctrinating propaganda, there will be issues.
I think you're overly concerned about this happening. But, worst case scenario, let's say it does happen. How would your children be harmed? If they learned that it was "okay" or even "normal" to be gay would that be "bad"? Would they possibly turn gay from this "indoctrinating propaganda"?

I guess my overall question for you is, what is your concern? How are your kids going to get hurt by gay people getting married and being happy and having families?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #167
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I've known gay people. Consider the ones I know friends. With that being said the lifestyle doesn't work out in my head but if somebody is happy rolling around with the same sex, hey, do your thing. Just don't try to pass it off as a natural thing especially to kids. As I like to say, natural law rules. If you take a colony of gay people and leave them out on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean, what does their long term future look like? They'll be gone within a generation. I think that speaks volumes right there. Just because America has perfected the test tube baby so gay couples can pretend they're something they're not in the natural sense, doesn't make it so. Anybody upset by that thought needs to come back to reality.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #168
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Just don't try to pass it off as a natural thing especially to kids.
Could ask a lot of questions about your post but for no I'll focus on this part.

Again, if kids learn it's a "natural thing" what would happen? Would the kids turn "bad"? Would they turn gay? What are you afraid of?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #169
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think you're overly concerned about this happening. But, worst case scenario, let's say it does happen. How would your children be harmed? If they learned that it was "okay" or even "normal" to be gay would that be "bad"? Would they possibly turn gay from this "indoctrinating propaganda"?

I guess my overall question for you is, what is your concern? How are your kids going to get hurt by gay people getting married and being happy and having families?
I think the main concern comes from sexualizing kids' prism on life too soon. Believe it or not, there are advocates for sex education all the way from kindergarten on up.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #170
houghtam
Ring of Famer

If the ability to reproduce is a prerequisite of marriage, there are a lot of people who are in trouble.

If you put a colony of sterile and infertile people on an island, what would their future look like? I think that says a lot right there.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #171
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think the main concern comes from sexualizing kids' prism on life too soon. Believe it or not, there are advocates for sex education all the way from kindergarten on up.
Where have any of us said we want kids to be taught about homosexuality before being taught sex Ed in general?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #172
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I've known gay people. Consider the ones I know friends. With that being said the lifestyle doesn't work out in my head but if somebody is happy rolling around with the same sex, hey, do your thing. Just don't try to pass it off as a natural thing especially to kids. As I like to say, natural law rules. If you take a colony of gay people and leave them out on a deserted island in the middle of the ocean, what does their long term future look like? They'll be gone within a generation. I think that speaks volumes right there. Just because America has perfected the test tube baby so gay couples can pretend they're something they're not in the natural sense, doesn't make it so. Anybody upset by that thought needs to come back to reality.
WTF are you even talking about? Why does this threaten you so much?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #173
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Where have any of us said we want kids to be taught about homosexuality before being taught sex Ed in general?
I'm not sure what anyone here is really for or against. But there are some pretty incredibly ridiculous ideas out there.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...indergartners/

In reality, each kid is different. And as a parent, you need to be conscious of where your kid is as you communicate this stuff to them. School-based sex ed should only serve as a backup, teaching what most good parents likely already taught. It should only exist because in the real world (sadly) there's a good chunk of kids out there whose parents don't give a crap either way.

In this example (Chicago) though, they're preempting what most parents would consider to be appropriate timing. I guess in the name of getting the State's version of events in first. Just another case of public schools using incredibly poor judgement that harms kids to ultimately political ends.

Which is why none of it should ever be made mandatory for any reason.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #174
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
At first glance I understand where you're coming from. But I don't think the focus needs to be on sexuality. Whether love or a marriage is gay or straight shouldn't really make a difference, should it? Why does one bring forth more sexuality than the other?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #175
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
How will kids be informed if you don't teach religion and the parents don't take him to church?
Nevermind Hey-sues. What if they aren't informed about Shai-Hulud? That's the real danger there.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote