The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #126
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The argument follows that homosexuals are consenting adults and have rights to marry. That's fine. Logic follows polygamists should have the same right under that criterion.

not to mention the NAMBLA clowns as they will use the "age of consent" laws.....

for instance the age of consent in Hawaii is 14
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #127
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
right, why does anyone care what other consenting adults do as long as they are law abiding>
Totally going to form a "marriage" with my kids some time when it's legal (probably with their spouses by then too). Then we can get extra tax benefits.... and screw the tax-paying suckers who don't do so.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #128
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
The majority agree with civil unions that are equal to the secular status of marriage. Some religions don't agree with gays joining together in Holy Matrimony or as a sacrament. I don't see the big deal because it's just a word, but I didn't think liberals wanted to mix the state with religion. Why can't they adopt a different word that's not considered sacred among religious groups?
Because separate but equal doesn't work,never has. Why should anyone worry about religious people? They don't have a monopoly on marriage.
Majorities do agree with marriage.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #129
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Totally going to form a "marriage" with my kids some time when it's legal (probably with their spouses by then too). Then we can get extra tax benefits.... and screw the tax-paying suckers who don't do so.
yes, this is so typical of the situation that might develop.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #130
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
yes, this is so typical of the situation that might develop.
Meh, Don't care about that. Actually I hope everyone else doesn't. I'll push for additional benefits for our situation.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #131
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
not to mention the NAMBLA clowns as they will use the "age of consent" laws.....

for instance the age of consent in Hawaii is 14
There is nowhere in the United States where age of consent is lower than 16. Many states, including Hawaii, have close-in-age exemptions. In Hawaii's case it allows 14 or 15 year olds to consent with someone less than 5 years older. Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa do too, to name a few.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #132
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lol additional benefits for our wonderful, traditional marriage situation. As if you needed anymore.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #133
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Lol additional benefits for our wonderful, traditional marriage situation. As if you needed anymore.
No, you're not getting it. When polygamy and incest marriages become legal, we're going to form one giant marriage in name only in order to benefit from tax laws (additional dependents/deduction and inheritance to name a couple).

PS. I'm not serious. I didn't think I needed to point that out on the 'mane. I'm rarely serious in any thread around here. You people are way too uptight (what do you mean you people?)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Now take that on to the next logical step. I knew of a couple of old timers at one time who were brothers. Both were widowed and living together. The first brother passing away created numerous hardships for the surviving, as many of the avenues for transference of property and benefits were not available. At the time it was because they were both males and brothers. But today, that protection would still be denied, if only because they were brothers.

Is this equal protection?
I'm not getting you. Even without a will your next of kin can inherit your property. I don't think i am understanding your point.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #135
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm not getting you. Even without a will your next of kin can inherit your property. I don't think i am understanding your point.
Not tax free, like they pass to your spouse. Plus there's survivors benefits for Social Security and most pensions.

And more theoretically, there are plenty of scenarios where one family member would like another covered on his/her health insurance. But the federal government won't allow that.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #136
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You can pass along unlimited amounts to surviving spouses without being subject to taxation, not so with kids/siblings.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #137
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #138
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

What I see happening is dude and ladies getting married to to steal benefits. We'll have to tighten that up at the federal level.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #139
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Of course, Little Miss Loopy throws in her two cents:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #140
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Make everything a Civil Union across the board, hetero or homo, and let the instiution of faith marry people in their place fo worship, marriage is a contract under God anyway.
That makes the most sense. There are many non-religious straight couples that could care less what we call it, and some churches will still do the holy marriage thing for gay people too.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #141
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
What I see happening is dude and ladies getting married to to steal benefits. We'll have to tighten that up at the federal level.
Everybody has the same right as you to steal benefits. I don't agree with giving benefits to anybody, but everybody should get them or nobody should. Straight couples, gays, brothers, or any two consenting adults should have equal rights to steal benefits.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #142
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

End the Child Tax Credit.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #143
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well now that that's over, we'll just wait until the polygamists start their clamoring for equal rights too......not to mention the NAMBLA and beastiality clowns who will soon want equal protection under the law.

.....if a homosexual has the right to **** his buddy in the ass, or munch on her BFF's carpet then how can we as a society argue against a guy or woman who wants to **** a cow or horse? Oh, but wait...that stuff is not natural human behavior you say?

Well, neither is homosexuality, and look where we are today.
Well that's the good thing about progressive liberals... they're always in search for the next 'cause'.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #144
sisterhellfyre
Some days it's not worth

fighting the clowns under my bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Of course, Little Miss Loopy throws in her two cents:
"Who cares?"
sisterhellfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #145
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not tax free, like they pass to your spouse. Plus there's survivors benefits for Social Security and most pensions.

And more theoretically, there are plenty of scenarios where one family member would like another covered on his/her health insurance. But the federal government won't allow that.
Ok but what does that have to do with 2 men wanting to be parteners/mates/husband and wife? You are saying that is unfair to 2 brothers who just want to live together because they don't get marraige bennies? That is ridiculous IMO.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #146
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

its not going to be a big deal I bet not that many gays even marry % wise.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #147
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I personally don't care what gay folks do. However when teachers and lefties start pushing for gay rights month in schools especially elementary/middle & high school along with gay day, classes featuring gay as the new normal in regards to the American family & culture and the rest of the bs indoctrinating propaganda, there will be issues.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #148
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I personally don't care what gay folks do. However when teachers and lefties start pushing for gay rights month in schools especially elementary/middle & high school along with gay day, classes featuring gay as the new normal in regards to the American family & culture and the rest of the bs indoctrinating propaganda, there will be issues.
Now you know how we feel about religion being peddled in our schools. Worship who you want, really. But do it in the closet. Actually now that I think of it, there's a passage in the bible about that...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #149
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Maybe I should take that back lol I just booked my first gay wedding reception gig lol. Man I bet this is going to be really good for me because my city has 2nd or 3rd highest gay population in the country. Something like that. Better for deejays for sure but bands will get some gigs also.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #150
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I agree it will be wierd to see the big push to normalize being gay but at this point religious people are just going to have to accept their country is gay for gay now.