The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #51
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He's a liberal, and most liberals truly believe that any criticism of anyone who isn't white is racist.Which is why he assumes that the OP wouldn't have posted the video if the perp was a white guy.
ok, now you're just being a hypocrite. So it's ok for you to make an assumption about another person, but it's not ok for someone else. Not only that, you are grouping a whole category of people and making an uneducated, ignorant, and untrue comment, with no facts to backup your statement. Keep up the good work.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #52
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Yeah, that's the problem.... The state was stupid to call these witnesses yesterday. They have totally ****ed up the case.

and

The defense couldn't have asked for better witnesses as to GZ state of mind.
It will be interesting to see how the jury takes some of the comments he made during the 911 call. The prosecution will attempt to prove he entered the encounter in a state of mind to "make up for" all of the recent burglary activity in the area. As it relates to second degree murder, a reasonable jury may find it damning, depending on their interpretation.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
No, but keep believing that false information anyways.
His defense team is most certainly saying the sidewalk is a murder weapon. I heard that come from their mouth. Whatever, the guys a ****ing moron. If he wasn't out there playing hero, none of this would have happened to begin with.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #54
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
His defense team is most certainly saying the sidewalk is a murder weapon. I heard that come from their mouth. Whatever, the guys a ****ing moron. If he wasn't out there playing hero, none of this would have happened to begin with.
Concrete can be a murder weapon.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #55
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's never a good sign when your attorney starts his opening statement with a knock knock joke.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #56
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
There might be, but he's right. Once the President said what he said he opened himself up to this sort of thing. The President comments or more **** than he should. His answer, when asked about the Martin/Zimmerman case should have said something like. "The State of Florida is looking into again and will most likely pursue a course of action that's best for their community." Instead he made a comment about Martins skin color and how Martin could look like his son. It wasn't a good idea to express that in public.
I dont disagree with that point.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #57
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Pantyhose can be a murder weapon.
A Nalgene can be a murder weapon.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It's never a good sign when your attorney starts his opening statement with a knock knock joke.
yeah, that either
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Concrete can be a murder weapon.
Of course it can, anything COULD be, but there's an obvious distinction between an actual weapon and a sidewalk
Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Of course it can, anything COULD be, but there's an obvious distinction between an actual weapon and a sidewalk
If I am sitting on top of you pounding your head into the concrete, as GZ claims, I am going to most likely kill you with the sidewalk. Ergo, the sidewalk would be the murder weapon.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #61
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If I am sitting on top of you pounding your head into the concrete, as GZ claims, I am going to most likely kill you with the sidewalk. Ergo, the sidewalk would be the murder weapon.
Then everytime i take a step, im armed? C'mon. Obviously, we don't know the truth of exactly what happened, but I'd be hard pressed to believe George Zimmerman was some innocent victim in all this.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #62
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Then everytime i take a step, im armed? C'mon. Obviously, we don't know the truth of exactly what happened, but I'd be hard pressed to believe George Zimmerman was some innocent victim in all this.
If Martin was pounding his head into the concrete and Zimmerman felt his life was in danger, then deadly force was justified.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
If Martin was pounding his head into the concrete and Zimmerman felt his life was in danger, then deadly force was justified.
Two things:

1) He put himself in that situation.
2) Define feeling "your life is in danger?" Anytime you fight, is your life in danger? Maybe in the struggle, he took a couple shots to the head and then shot him. In fact, if his life was in danger to the point where he was getting his head bashed into a sidewalk...how did he have the wherwithall to grab his gun and shoot him.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #64
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Witness: Trayvon Called George Zimmerman A 'Creepy-Ass Cracker'

txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:

so what would you do if someone was smashing your skull onto a sidewalk? I mean after all it's soft and comfy like a memory foam pillow right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #66
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Table 42 (~page 30 on each link .pdf)

Here's a link to some interesting reading for those who choose not to be indoctrinated into the politically correct notions of those with the bully pulpit.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0602.pdf 2006 US DOJ crime statistics

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0502.pdf 2005 US Dept of justice crime statistics

Be wise. Stay safe.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #67
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Two things:

1) He put himself in that situation.

Perhaps he did....by your logic though, so did Trayvon by attacking a guy with a gun right?

2) Define feeling "your life is in danger?"

Really? whatever your personal definition is, surely getting your head smashed onto a concrete sidewalk falls into that category does it not?

Anytime you fight, is your life in danger?

When you fight with a sibling or buddy, perhaps not....a total stranger banging your skull into a concrete sidewalk? Most definitely.

Maybe in the struggle, he took a couple shots to the head and then shot him. In fact, if his life was in danger to the point where he was getting his head bashed into a sidewalk...how did he have the wherwithall to grab his gun and shoot him.

Are you kidding? you know there was a guy who was punched in the head and died due to the coma caused by the punch (http://brainerddispatch.com/stories/...08000105.shtml)

He felt his life was threatened probably after the first or second time his skull hit the concrete with Trayvon on top of him....wouldn't you?

in bold
Old 06-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #68
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There might be, but he's right. Once the President said what he said he opened himself up to this sort of thing. The President comments or more **** than he should. His answer, when asked about the Martin/Zimmerman case should have said something like. "The State of Florida is looking into again and will most likely pursue a course of action that's best for their community." Instead he made a comment about Martins skin color and how Martin could look like his son. It wasn't a good idea to express that in public.
"Once you put it into the public, it's fair game" is an interesting stance to take for the guy who cried like a little b**** when people made fun of his avatar.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #69
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
in bold
Why do you ASSUME his life was actually in danger? If he's getting his head bashed in to the point where his life might end, i dont think he has the wherewithall to pull a pistol and shoot someone.

I'm not even suggesting that Trayvon didn't hit his head against the sidewalk, but considering you and I weren't there, I dont know why you're accepting the "my life was in danger" defense as if its true. He just as easily could have used excessive retaliation during a fight he essentially started. And by the way, Zimmerman's a BIGGER GUY.

I'm not gonna pretend to know exactly what happened, but Zimmerman is the one who played hero, essentially starting this mess, then ****ing shot a kid. hes hardly some innocent bystander.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #70
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not if Martin was himself in self-defense mode. Remember, it was Zimmerman who was armed and initiated the pursuit of Martin. As I said earlier, by that logic, a mugger who has the tables turned on him by his victim could then shoot that victim and claim self-defense.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 06-27-2013 at 05:31 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #71
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Not if Martin was himself in self-defense mode. Remember, it was Zimmerman who was armed and initiated the pursuit of Martin. As I said earlier, by that logic, a mugger who has the tables turned on him by his victim could then shoot that victim and claim self-defense.

This pretty much sums it up, and we don't really know what happened. This is why all the claims that an investigation and trial are unwarranted are totally bogus.

Pretty much legalizes murder under the "stand your ground" law if we don't suss out the facts through the legal system.

Cop: So, you followed this guy and he ended up dead -- shot by you
Assailant: Well, he looked like he had a gun/he punched me/etc. so I was just defending myself!
Sane Person: Yeah, but you were the one who instigated the confrontation...
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #72
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why do you ASSUME his life was actually in danger? If he's getting his head bashed in to the point where his life might end, i dont think he has the wherewithall to pull a pistol and shoot someone.

I'm not even suggesting that Trayvon didn't hit his head against the sidewalk, but considering you and I weren't there, I dont know why you're accepting the "my life was in danger" defense as if its true. He just as easily could have used excessive retaliation during a fight he essentially started. And by the way, Zimmerman's a BIGGER GUY.

I'm not gonna pretend to know exactly what happened, but Zimmerman is the one who played hero, essentially starting this mess, then ****ing shot a kid. hes hardly some innocent bystander.
So who do you think should make the determination that your life is in danger besides you?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #73
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So who do you think should make the determination that your life is in danger besides you?
So if I'm carrying and someone bumps into me a little too rough I can draw down because I feel my life is in danger? Where would you draw the line? I've had worse injuries rough housing with my brothers than what was given in the testimony today.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Zimmerman is a cumstain and is going to Hell.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #75
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
LET's blame white people!
White guilt will be the downfall of White America. Good thing I'm Hispanic.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote