The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
What's your point?

How does this a-hole have anything to do with the POTUS?
LET's blame white people!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Greatspirits's Avatar
 
"Little Von!"

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Park Hill
Posts: 775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Exactly.

I wonder if Obama had another son, would he look like this thug?

Your freaking pathetic, Jerry Sandusky is a Rethuglican! There's your Republican morals and family values for ya!!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #28
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,283

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Your freaking pathetic, Jerry Sandusky is a Rethuglican! There's your Republican morals and family values for ya!!
The saddest thing about this post is you really think this argument works.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #29
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Your freaking pathetic, Jerry Sandusky is a Rethuglican! There's your Republican morals and family values for ya!!


It's not about either party......it was a joke pointing out the hypocrisy of Obama running to the podium when a black person is the victim of a crime, but silent when it's a black person committing a crime.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #30
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Greatspirits's Avatar
 
"Little Von!"

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Park Hill
Posts: 775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post


It's not about either party......it was a joke pointing out the hypocrisy of Obama running to the podium when a black person is the victim of a crime, but silent when it's a black person committing a crime.
Please, you want to talk about hypocrisy? We don't need to go there do we? I'm not going to get political with you skanks, we all know where the destruction of America started.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
What's your point?

How does this a-hole have anything to do with the POTUS?

guess I'll give you a short timeline of events....

Trayvon Martin who is black is shot by George Zimmerman who is mixed caucasian - hispanic.....nobody knows exactly what happened that night however POTUS holds press conference stating "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon..." basically involving himself into the incident.

Meanwhile black man breaks into home and beats white woman on camera no less, and yet there's no rose Garden press conference by POTUS talking about finding justice for this woman.

So by stating a black victim would look like his own son, the president has opened himself up to jokes like mine whenever a black criminal does something.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #32
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
Please, you want to talk about hypocrisy? We don't need to go there do we? I'm not going to get political with you skanks, we all know where the destruction of America started.


I'm sure you do........see, I'm talking about the hypocrisy of one person who happens to be the POTUS.

Last edited by errand; 06-26-2013 at 09:19 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #33
BroncoSojia
Go Broncos
 
BroncoSojia's Avatar
 
Thanks Champ for the past 10 years

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bey Bey Thomas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
guess I'll give you a short timeline of events....

Trayvon Martin who is black is shot by George Zimmerman who is mixed caucasian - hispanic.....nobody knows exactly what happened that night however POTUS holds press conference stating "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon..." basically involving himself into the incident.

Meanwhile black man breaks into home and beats white woman on camera no less, and yet there's no rose Garden press conference by POTUS talking about finding justice for this woman.

So by stating a black victim would look like his own son, the president has opened himself up to jokes like mine whenever a black criminal does something.

Obama was speaking out against discrimination against younger black males in general. Seeing as Zimmerman shot the kid on the account that he was "suspicious looking" and there was no evidence of Martin doing anything wrong.


How you could correlate that with this a-hole that was caught on camera assaulting and robbing people is beyond me.
BroncoSojia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
Obama was speaking out against discrimination against younger black males in general. Seeing as Zimmerman shot the kid on the account that he was "suspicious looking" and there was no evidence of Martin doing anything wrong.


How you could correlate that with this a-hole that was caught on camera assaulting and robbing people is beyond me.
Zimmerman's trial is on day 2 (and it's all over the news around here, I don't live that far from it). I'll make this prediction based on 2 days of the trial - Zimmerman will walk, easily. The state has no case and should have never brought the charges in the first place (maybe a manslaughter charge would have been better, but no way they're getting Murder 2).

The state's opening has been generally ridiculed and no one knows what they are trying to do other than give speculation on GZ state of mind and nothing else. One of the prosecution's witnesses yesterday was much, MUCH better for the defense than they were for the state. I can't believe they even called her to testify.

It's over. I don't see any path for the state to make their charges stick.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well if he's not captured, we can only hope he'll pick the wrong house next time

I couldn't follow the vid. All I was focused on were her legs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #36
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't normally hear someone include white in a mixed race. A half black half white person is black. Half Hispanic half white is Hispanic. At the start people assumed GZ was white and was truly disappointed to find out he was Hispanic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #37
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
Obama was speaking out against discrimination against younger black males in general.

...sure thing.


Seeing as Zimmerman shot the kid on the account that he was "suspicious looking" and there was no evidence of Martin doing anything wrong.

No...he was following him because he looked suspicious...he shot him because he was allegedly attacked by Martin. Abrasions on his head and other evidence like abrasions on Martin's knuckles supports his story of having his head slammed into concrete sidewalk


How you could correlate that with this a-hole that was caught on camera assaulting and robbing people is beyond me.

I didn't...you did.

all I did was wonder if this guy would look like the president's son...if he had another one that is, because you know, his other son would look like Trayvon.


In bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well if he's not captured, we can only hope he'll pick the wrong house next time

where is the part where the chick called 911 and then shot the perp?

signed,

S&W owner

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,331

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Me neither, but judging by the OP, I know it's a black person doing something bad.
I didn't click on it either but how horrific it is and that is was caught on a nanny cam, I would say that he probably would have posted it anyways (unless the link was found on a white racist site). Therefore, your comment could be looked upon as a racist comment hidden behind blaming someone else (THE OP). If you really didn't click on the link and it was a white person, how would have that made you look?

Exactly.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #40
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't normally hear someone include white in a mixed race. A half black half white person is black. Half Hispanic half white is Hispanic. At the start people assumed GZ was white and was truly disappointed to find out he was Hispanic.
I find this practice to be very strange...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,581

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Why is BroncoFan7 still allowed to post here? Seriously Moderators. Buy a clue.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
In bold
I dont know a ton about theTrayvon case, but wasn't Zimmerman specifically told by police not to follow him, then did anyway, obviously was the one who started something, and then shot him in "self defense," while his defense team is now claiming a concrete side walk is a murder weapon?

**** that guy.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
guess I'll give you a short timeline of events....

Trayvon Martin who is black is shot by George Zimmerman who is mixed caucasian - hispanic.....nobody knows exactly what happened that night however POTUS holds press conference stating "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon..." basically involving himself into the incident.

Meanwhile black man breaks into home and beats white woman on camera no less, and yet there's no rose Garden press conference by POTUS talking about finding justice for this woman.

So by stating a black victim would look like his own son, the president has opened himself up to jokes like mine whenever a black criminal does something.
There's something seriously wrong with you.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #44
Johnykbr
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont know a ton about theTrayvon case, but wasn't Zimmerman specifically told by police not to follow him, then did anyway, obviously was the one who started something, and then shot him in "self defense," while his defense team is now claiming a concrete side walk is a murder weapon?

**** that guy.
What is pretty much the accepted story now is that he followed him while making the call, lost him in the process, looked a little more and couldn't locate him, then started back towards his car when Trayvon confronted him about following him. What happened from there on out is the question. The only things that are certain is that Zimmerman got his head beat into a sidewalk and he shot Martin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #45
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,902

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
There's something seriously wrong with you.
There might be, but he's right. Once the President said what he said he opened himself up to this sort of thing. The President comments or more **** than he should. His answer, when asked about the Martin/Zimmerman case should have said something like. "The State of Florida is looking into again and will most likely pursue a course of action that's best for their community." Instead he made a comment about Martins skin color and how Martin could look like his son. It wasn't a good idea to express that in public.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #46
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
No...he was following him because he looked suspicious...he shot him because he was allegedly attacked by Martin. Abrasions on his head and other evidence like abrasions on Martin's knuckles supports his story of having his head slammed into concrete sidewalk
If you follow and harass someone and not only have no authority to do so, but are specifically told by authorities NOT to do so (like Zimmerman), then you get your ass kicked as a result, it's not self-defense if you then shoot that person. Martin was the one in a position of self-defense since it was Zimmerman who initiated an unwanted, unauthorized pursuit of him. By your idiotic logic, a mugger who has the tables turned on him by his victim could shoot that victim and then claim self-defense.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #47
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Zimmerman's trial is on day 2 (and it's all over the news around here, I don't live that far from it). I'll make this prediction based on 2 days of the trial - Zimmerman will walk, easily. The state has no case and should have never brought the charges in the first place (maybe a manslaughter charge would have been better, but no way they're getting Murder 2).

The state's opening has been generally ridiculed and no one knows what they are trying to do other than give speculation on GZ state of mind and nothing else. One of the prosecution's witnesses yesterday was much, MUCH better for the defense than they were for the state. I can't believe they even called her to testify.

It's over. I don't see any path for the state to make their charges stick.
State of mind is actually very important in FL 2nd degree murder law.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #48
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont know a ton about theTrayvon case, but wasn't Zimmerman specifically told by police not to follow him, then did anyway, obviously was the one who started something, and then shot him in "self defense," while his defense team is now claiming a concrete side walk is a murder weapon?

**** that guy.
No, but keep believing that false information anyways.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #49
HILife
Ring of Famer
 
HILife's Avatar
 
Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC - NOVA - DMV - VA - Take your pick
Posts: 4,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You know assuming that caucasians are racist is racist right?

Assuming he wouldn't have posted this video if it was a white guy beating a mother in front of her child is racist on your part.
No. It's a judgement of the person's character and past history. Which I can say is not very good, based on my experience. Hence the reason why he is on ignore. Haven't even looked at his post, yet. Just been reading everyone else.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #50
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Unsettled, NC
Posts: 7,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
State of mind is actually very important in FL 2nd degree murder law.
Yeah, that's the problem.... The state was stupid to call these witnesses yesterday. They have totally ****ed up the case.

Quote:
It was pretty clear from O’Brien’s tone and manner that Zimmerman did not rank high among his most favorite people. He emphasized that Zimmerman had taken the lead on starting the NWP program without much, if any, involvement by the HOA (although the HOA did not prohibit the program, and did become involved in its implementation). The State’s line of questions sought to emphasize Zimmerman as a kind of “loose cannon” who had launched the NWP program on his own, with little neighborhood involvement, almost as a kind of private police force.

Then this witness started off the rails of the State’s theory of the case.

When the community was having problems with people disobeying the HOA’s parking rules, he’d asked for help in setting up a parking committee for enforcement. Who stepped up and volunteered to help on this when few others did? George Zimmerman.

He also recounted an interesting story about a particular robbery in the community. What made this burglary memorable to O’Brien was that he had actually gotten into a conversation with the soon-to-be-burglar only a short time before the crime occurred. The burglar–whom O’Brien described as a 17-year-old black man–chatted with O’Brien a while, and later was seen by some nearby construction workers leaving a townhouse later discovered to have been burgled.

A few days later, these same workers observed the same 17-year-old black man wandering through Twin Lakes again. They contacted the police, and the burglar was successfully arrested.

Then he made an astonishing statement, given that he was a State witness and given the State’s theory of the case.

The arrest was made possible, he said, because the construction workers followed the suspicious person from a distance. O’Brien was, he said, so pleased with the successful arrest that he had sent the workers a letter of commendation from the HOA.
and

Quote:
When asked by West if the NWP gave lessons in the law to participants, Dorival said they did not, they mostly told people not to confront anyone or follow anyone.

West focused in on that comment, asking, “when you say the shouldn’t follow someone, you’re not saying that if you see someone suspicious that you can’t follow at a distance to gather information, are you? You don’t tell people that they can’t follow someone from a distance, do you?”

“That’s right,” Dorival agreed, she was not saying that, but rather that it was not a good idea to engage someone.

West continued, asking, “and when you say on your slide that the NWP participants are not intended to be some kind of vigilante police, you’re not saying that if they are attacked they’re not allowed to defend themselves, are you?”

Of course not, Dorival replied.

Do you talk with them about firearms specifically, West asked?

No, it’s not my place to tell participants not to carry a gun, that’s their right.

West then explored some hypothetical situations and asked her if they were the types of scenarios in which she would advise a NWP participant to report suspicious behavior to the police. He then went on to describe precisely the behavior in which Trayvon Martin had been engaged–wandering aimlessly in the rain, looking into buildings, walking outside of normal paths in areas one would not normally expect a person to walk. Oh, definitely, answered Dorival, that’s exactly the kind of behavior we encourage NWP participants to report to the police.
The defense couldn't have asked for better witnesses as to GZ state of mind.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.


Denver Broncos