The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default 1985 MNF intro SF @ Denver

txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...8511110den.htm

San Francisco 49ers 16 at Denver Broncos 17

Monday, November 11, 1985

1234Final
San Francisco 49ers (5-5-0)0310316
Denver Broncos (7-3-0)770317
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
jerseyboiler120

I miss the old AFC West with Seattle. The division was at or near the top year after year.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

O.J... little known Hernandez effect?
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
DenverDynamite

What a refreshingly simple, direct, clean opening. I miss the days when the commercials were only during the actual ******* commercials.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

that was the snowball game!
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The snowball[edit]On their last possession of the first half, the 49ers mounted a nine-play drive which ended in a 19-yard field goal attempt. As holder Matt Cavanaugh received the snap from center, a snowball thrown from the stands landed just in front of him. Distracted, he mishandled the football and was unable to hold it for kicker Ray Wersching. In desperation he picked up the ball and attempted a forward pass, but there were no receivers downfield and it fell incomplete. No penalties or palpably unfair acts were called, and the Broncos took over on downs.[1] They went on to win 17–16, making the failed field goal a pivotal factor.

After the game, referee Jim Tunney explained, "We have no recourse in terms of a foul or to call it on the home team or the fans. There's nothing in the rule book that allows us to do that."[2] He ordered an increase in stadium security at halftime, and no further incidents occurred.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Game
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
The snowball[edit]On their last possession of the first half, the 49ers mounted a nine-play drive which ended in a 19-yard field goal attempt. As holder Matt Cavanaugh received the snap from center, a snowball thrown from the stands landed just in front of him. Distracted, he mishandled the football and was unable to hold it for kicker Ray Wersching. In desperation he picked up the ball and attempted a forward pass, but there were no receivers downfield and it fell incomplete. No penalties or palpably unfair acts were called, and the Broncos took over on downs.[1] They went on to win 1716, making the failed field goal a pivotal factor.

After the game, referee Jim Tunney explained, "We have no recourse in terms of a foul or to call it on the home team or the fans. There's nothing in the rule book that allows us to do that."[2] He ordered an increase in stadium security at halftime, and no further incidents occurred.[1]

That takes a pretty good arm to get a snowball out that far, not to mention the accuracy! Good job, Bronco fans!
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sammy winder being able to break it for a long one hahahahahahahahhahabab
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
The snowball[edit]On their last possession of the first half, the 49ers mounted a nine-play drive which ended in a 19-yard field goal attempt. As holder Matt Cavanaugh received the snap from center, a snowball thrown from the stands landed just in front of him. Distracted, he mishandled the football and was unable to hold it for kicker Ray Wersching. In desperation he picked up the ball and attempted a forward pass, but there were no receivers downfield and it fell incomplete. No penalties or palpably unfair acts were called, and the Broncos took over on downs.[1] They went on to win 1716, making the failed field goal a pivotal factor.

My dad called me about 3 pm in the afternoon that day. Told me someone at work had given him tickets. It had just snowed and they didn't want to get out in the cold. We were at the game sitting on about the 30 yd line. There were a number of snowballs thrown during the game from stands. Even with a few warnings over the address system. However, the one thrown toward Ray Wersching (sp) was the best one thrown all night long. Timing was perfect. Always great to beat the 49ers no matter how it happened.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

I can get you this game when i get my PC back up. I'll bookmark this page
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

At one time, I know this game was Joe Montana's worst statistical performance ever!!! Bill Walsh was 0-4 lifetime versus Denver, but he had to retire and Seifert made up for it in January of 1990. Ouch!

ABC must look back now with pride at their 1985 announcing team huh? The Giff wanted to give anal to a flight attendant in a Manhattan hotel room, but Kathie Lee stuck by her man.

Broadway Joe became a legendary drunkard, and only his on camera episode with Suzy Kolber made him cleanup his act.

And of course, The Juice!
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #13
B-Love
Ring of Famer

They're killin me Whitey, they're killin me!!

It's also funny watching people FOR YEARS now, throwing around clips of many of the games I brought to the tape trader hobby to between 12 to 16 years ago. It's classic, because I have people who I don't even know offering me copies of games, that I am the original owner of. But the idea that people are enjoying these time travels is pretty cool too!!
B-Love is offline   Reply With Quote