The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #301
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Fife puts in a good start, and League just ****s all over it.

Just another Coletti shet signing. (Right up there with Juan Pierre)
It's worse then Pierre. League has cost LA so many games this year. They would only be a handful of games out of .500 without him...3 to be exact. With the amount of injuries LA has had that would be impressive.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #302
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sale with like 13 Ks and another no decision. The team has really hung him out to dry this year. He is having a terrific season...just not reflected in W/L unfortunately.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #303
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I hope that catch Kemp made last night is the start of him coming back. From the sounds of it, he won't have his power back for a year or maybe more. Still he needs to stop striking out so much. It has to be a mental thing with him right now.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #304
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #305
bombay
Ring of Famer

We need a Pirate poster in here. They're kicking ass.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #306
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Sale with like 13 Ks and another no decision. The team has really hung him out to dry this year. He is having a terrific season...just not reflected in W/L unfortunately.
I have you heard anything about the rumor trade between the Dodgers and the Sox? Peavy, Alexei Ramirez and Jesse Crain. Dodgers would be giving up Ethier, Dee Gordon, Matt Migill, Joc Pederson (I hate that) and Chris Withrow. That is LA's 3rd and 10th prospect.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #307
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
We need a Pirate poster in here. They're kicking ass.
There used to be one until a poster was allowed to troll all over his girlfriend and nothing was done about it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #308
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
There used to be one until a poster was allowed to troll all over his girlfriend and nothing was done about it.
Seriously how did I miss that? Or was I the poster? I would remember that, I think?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #309
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post

Hogan was a Pirate fan? Who was the troll? Epicdouche?
Old 06-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #310
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Angels take out the Tigers (again) for the third day in a row. Weaver back on with a 3 to 1 victory. Not sure how the Angels have the Tigers in recent years but cannot beat the Astros this year. 8 games back.... from .500. UGH!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #311
bombay
Ring of Famer

The Cardinals have gone 2-5 lately and been passed by the Pirates.

Riding their starters too hard all season.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #312
bombay
Ring of Famer

Toronto's starters against Baltimore this weekend are scheduled to be Dickey, Wang, and Johnson.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #313
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

One international prospect who will not go through the draft process is 26-year-old Cuban righty Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. As the recently-declared free agent awaits government authorization to begin negotiating a deal, he has already been heavilyscouted by interested clubs. MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez notes (via Twitter) that he expects Gonzalez to sign quickly once the government clears him.
Meanwhile, CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler -- who reported that Gonzalez could get as much as $60MM on a five-year pact -- tweets that the Dodgers could be planning to "go all out" to sign the hurler. Peter Gammons, likewise, said on Twitter that there were many teams interested but that "the bets are still on the Dodgers."

I hope LA gets him and doesn't trade for Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee is still pitching at a high level and everything, I just don't think he would be worth the prospects it would take to get him. I also heard that LA was after Garza. I'm not sure why they are in such a rush to get Fife out of the starting rotation.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #314
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
One international prospect who will not go through the draft process is 26-year-old Cuban righty Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez. As the recently-declared free agent awaits government authorization to begin negotiating a deal, he has already been heavilyscouted by interested clubs. MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez notes (via Twitter) that he expects Gonzalez to sign quickly once the government clears him.
Meanwhile, CBSSports.com's Danny Knobler -- who reported that Gonzalez could get as much as $60MM on a five-year pact -- tweets that the Dodgers could be planning to "go all out" to sign the hurler. Peter Gammons, likewise, said on Twitter that there were many teams interested but that "the bets are still on the Dodgers."

I hope LA gets him and doesn't trade for Cliff Lee. Cliff Lee is still pitching at a high level and everything, I just don't think he would be worth the prospects it would take to get him. I also heard that LA was after Garza. I'm not sure why they are in such a rush to get Fife out of the starting rotation.
It's about getting capuano out of the rotation.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #315
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
It's about getting capuano out of the rotation.
Not if they get Lee and Garza or Garza and MAG. Should LA sign MAG, he will be ready to pitch this season. That means Fife is out of the line up as well.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #316
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I have you heard anything about the rumor trade between the Dodgers and the Sox? Peavy, Alexei Ramirez and Jesse Crain. Dodgers would be giving up Ethier, Dee Gordon, Matt Migill, Joc Pederson (I hate that) and Chris Withrow. That is LA's 3rd and 10th prospect.
I haven't heard anything about that specifically DB.....but considering how bad the Sox have been.....I'm sure we will be sellers. Only Sale is untouchable.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #317
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:

You know, its funny, because the Dodgers have played poorly this year, but the weak NL West they are only 3.5 games back at the moment.
Now, I find it silly to throw out a huge amount of money for this pitcher. Honestly, the Dodgers if anything should stand pat and roll with what they have. Build up from what they have as a team now and don't go heavy buying. They have an ace, they have a solid #2 in Greinke, they have a guy pitching incredibly well for #3 in Ryu. If anything, dump Ethier and another guy or two for bullpen help.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #318
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
You know, its funny, because the Dodgers have played poorly this year, but the weak NL West they are only 3.5 games back at the moment.
Now, I find it silly to throw out a huge amount of money for this pitcher. Honestly, the Dodgers if anything should stand pat and roll with what they have. Build up from what they have as a team now and don't go heavy buying. They have an ace, they have a solid #2 in Greinke, they have a guy pitching incredibly well for #3 in Ryu. If anything, dump Ethier and another guy or two for bullpen help.
You don't want the Dodgers to keep spending money on International players after they hit on Ryu and Puig? MAG is MLB ready this year, and no way should they stand pat with Cap or heaven forbid Lilly.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #319
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...fredo-gonzalez

With that said, there’s a lot to like about the arm strength. Gonzalez will sit comfortably in the 90-94 mph range with his fastball and bump 95-96 mph on occasion, and he generates considerable arm-side run when working down in the zone.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #320
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...er-marmol.html
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #321
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...fredo-gonzalez

With that said, there’s a lot to like about the arm strength. Gonzalez will sit comfortably in the 90-94 mph range with his fastball and bump 95-96 mph on occasion, and he generates considerable arm-side run when working down in the zone.
"However, there are times when he’ll cut off his stride and rip open with his front shoulder, which leads to lower velocity and flatter offerings left up in the zone. Additionally, the right-hander doesn’t always finish his delivery and, in those instances, tends to rely on sheer arm strength rather than executing pitches."

That is a lot of money to put on the table IMO for a very unproven guy. Its like the pre-rookie wage scale for the NFL, dishing out a lot of guaranteed money hoping a guy will pan out.
And you mentioned the Dodgers hitting on Puig and Ryu, what about busting on Ishii, or the bust of Irabu, and countless other players that never could pan out.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #322
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You're right busting on a prospect back in 2002 changes my mind. I mean I'm sure it the same scouting department and all!! Dodgers are going to add pitchers regardless. 5 years at 60 milion for a 26 year old pitcher with top of the rotation talent is worth the risk plus they don't give up prospects for him. Lilly, Cap, Beckett,and Bills are all making more then that anyways and none of then have near the upside MAG has.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #323
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Miggy with another HR tonight.

.371 average with 26 HRs and 85 RBIs in 82 games.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #324
Drunken.Broncoholic

Bailey had the perfect game going until the 7th with the walk given up. The way the giants have been limp dicking at the plate he could throw meat right down the plate and giants will pop or ground out. He was doing it with an umpire who's strike zone is smaller than a constipated turd.

This will end up a no hitter.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-02-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 07-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #325
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I can't wait to see what Puig can do with Crawford hitting in front of him. Also as much as I hated Uribe the last two years, he is playing like a major league player again.