The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #526
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Aaron Hernandez - TE - Patriots

ESPN Boston wouldn't rule out the Patriots releasing Aaron Hernandez even if he avoids murder charges in the Odin Lloyd case.
Respected reporter Mike Reiss is just responding to a hypothetical in a mailbag column, but imagines the Pats "feel a bit betrayed by Hernandez after they made a big financial commitment to him just 10 months ago." NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported last week that the Patriots may not be able to recover Hernandez's guaranteed 2013-14 base salaries, which would obviously be a major factor in this scenario.

It's nice to know that only Jetmeck has your back.

Its nice to know that if you were a juror this is how you would make your decision................facts are the deciding factor...nothing else period.

No facts have yet to be released, all else is speculation.

Keep running your mouth
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #527
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He hasn't been arrested yet despite having his house searched several times, ponds dove in and crime scene searched. There is nothing to do yet from a PR standpoint.
There is plenty to do yet from a PR standpoint. A high-profile player looke to be heavily involved in a murder case.

What does the amount of time it takes the DA to build a case have to do with anything we are talking about? It's beyond obvious Hernandez had something to do with it and it's going to take an incredible explanation to sway public opinion, which is much different than swaying a jury. If the pats were so willing to welcome him back with open arms they probably wouldn't have minded him hanging out at the facility this past weekend.

Saying there is 'zero chance' the Pats cut him or decide not to play him if he's not found guilty of a crime is being naive imo. There's definitely a chance he's cut and there's definitely a chance he never plays a down again in the NFL even if he gets off with no jail time.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #528
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The level of emotion and drama are rather surprising considering that this is a Patriot (the enemy; an AFC rival) we're talking about. Most of us Broncos fans don't give a crap -- and might even welcome it -- if the Patriots suffer misfortune, particularly misfortune that could translate into lesser performances on the field.

I hate the Pats amd Belli as much as the next Bronco fan.

Right is right and wrong is wrong...........

When the facts are known condemn the guy if guilty , until then people should STFU from convicting anyone until the facts are known.

Remember the ass clowns on Dumervil's gun deal ?

Case closed............

How would anyone of you like it your case if you were unfortunate enough to be involved in one was handled like this ?

Would you want everyone to jump to conclusions based upon so called leaks and speculation ?

Think about it.............
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #529
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Its nice to know that if you were a juror this is how you would make your decision................facts are the deciding factor...nothing else period.

Keep running your mouth
Plenty of facts have been released and much of the speculation in here stems from said facts being released.

why would we encumber ourselves with a rules of a jury trial in here anyway? this is the court of public opinion and it's the offseason. none of us are going to making these arguments during deliberation in a future hypothetical trial somewhere in New England.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #530
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Plenty of facts have been released and much of the speculation in here stems from said facts being released.

why would we encumber ourselves with a rules of a jury trial in here anyway? this is the court of public opinion and it's the offseason. none of us are going to making these arguments during deliberation in a future hypothetical trial somewhere in New England.

Court of public opinion means exactly nothing and everyone of you would be upset if a case you were involved was handled like this.

Real courts with facts will make the decision.

These plenty of facts you speak of....were they released by police or so called leaks with no authentication ?

Thought so
Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #531
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

Keep running your mouth
DOT DOT DOT UNIONS DOT DOT DOT SPECULATION DOT DOT DOT DOT YOU ARE SPECULATING AS WELL DOT DOT UNIONS WILL SAVE AMERICA.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #532
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:

Thought so
I'm sorry, I must have missed something amidst the maelstrom of periods. Can you repeat that part referenced by this quote?
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #533
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Court of public opinion means exactly nothing and everyone of you would be upset if a case you were involved was handled like this.

These plenty of facts you speak of....were they released by police or so called leaks with no authentication ?

Thought so
So do you think A)AH didn't break his phone B) his security system was broken and C) his house wasn't cleaned? Are those false or facts?

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-25-2013 at 09:27 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #534
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

Clearly he is innocent. The victim was shot. Hernandez is Mexican and Mexicans don't shot guys they stab them.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #535
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

Thought so
if I were involved in a case like this, I wouldn't give a rats ass what a bunch of idiots on a message board thought. All I would care about was if charges were coming, and if I felt I had a chance to provide reasonable doubt to at least 1 out of 12 people.

We, as idiots on a message board, are under no obligation to refrain from rampant speculation or to make snap judgments based on unconfirmed news leaks. That's what we do; that's what makes life interesting.

We also reserve the right to change our mind at a moments notice as new "evidence" comes to light and as the story proceeds. We can be fickle like that.

If you don't like it, I suggest you make a bunch more posts full of ...'s.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #536
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
So do you think A) Gronk didn't break his phone B) his security system was broken and C) his house wasn't cleaned? Are those false or facts?
I don't think Gronk broke his cell phone.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #537
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

I gotta say - there's a small part of me that is absolutely elated with the drama associated with the Patriots, who will likely be without the key to their offense for 2014.

Schadenfreude - I has it.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #538
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Clearly he is innocent. The victim was shot. Hernandez is Mexican and Mexicans don't shot guys they stab them.
Hernandez is Puerto Rican.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #539
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I don't think Gronk broke his cell phone.
So do you think someone else did or it's not broke at all?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #540
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
Well the SOB is guilty as hell.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #541
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Gronk was in another state. Silly boy...
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #542
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
I have not heard any reports at all on the condition of Gronks phone, so I assume there are no issues with it.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #543
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 7 View Post
shouldn't he be playing baseball then? Or is that Dominicans who kick ass at baseball?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #544
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I have not heard any reports at all on the condition of Gronks phone, so I assume there are no issues with it.
Dude it got broke in Vegas.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_a23gt89z
Old 06-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #545
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
amidst the maelstrom of periods.
Is this a metaphor?
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #546
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Dude the case got sealed. Jetmeck needs to stop publicly melting down about this.... NOW!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #547
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I hate the Pats amd Belli as much as the next Bronco fan.

Right is right and wrong is wrong...........

When the facts are known condemn the guy if guilty , until then people should STFU from convicting anyone until the facts are known.

Remember the ass clowns on Dumervil's gun deal ?

Case closed............

How would anyone of you like it your case if you were unfortunate enough to be involved in one was handled like this ?

Would you want everyone to jump to conclusions based upon so called leaks and speculation ?

Think about it.............
It's an internet message board and that's the nature of internet message boards; people talk about stuff and share ideas. In short, it's entertainment and opinion and no one's gonna just STFU as long as it's an in-the-spotlight NFL news story.

Ultimately the system will either charge him with a crime or not and a new in-the-spotlight NFL news story will shove this one into the category of "yesterday's news". Until that happens, Hernandez will just have to accept that playing in the NFL and then being a person of interest, connected to a murder will mean that people on internet message boards will be talking about him and some of the content of those discussions will be hyperbole and opinion instead of fact. Likewise, internet message board readers/posters can allow it to raise their blood pressure or merely accept that it's how it is and shrug it off.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #548
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
Is this a metaphor?
It reminds me of growing up with my mom and my three sisters.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #549
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I thought you would never offer...

Maybe I am being too cynical, but I have just lost all faith that the average NFLer has even a shadow of a clue when it comes to making smart decisions. Hernandez may be different, he might just be a good kid who ended up in a bad situation and when all the smoke clears he will be clean and shiney - I am just not holding my breath.
Where there is smoke there is fire. Your onto something. I don't watch much tv especially childrens shows but I was appalled what I seen the other day with kids movies nowadays
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #550
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Just watched Hernandez get taken out of his house in cuffs live on NFL network. Story has yet to break, but he's done.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote