The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I get excited at the thought of pressure from the interior DL because Williams and Knighton can hold up blocks allowing Wolfe to penetrate. Von coming from the outside, Wolfe from the interior and if Philips can get 8 sacks in.SD he is in line for a double digit sack total this year.

I'll miss Doom the guy, but honestly believe our pass rush will be more powerful this year.
I think the pass rush will be improved as well, interior pressure from Wolfe and Williams will really be the key! And a healthy rotation throughout the line will really help!

Players will be competing for opportunity, whereas it was Dooms spot and everyone knew it. Nothing like healthy competition!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #27
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

*clings glass to Bmore and SoCal* To Methwolfe! Awoooo!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think the pass rush will be improved as well, interior pressure from Wolfe and Williams will really be the key! And a healthy rotation throughout the line will really help!

Players will be competing for opportunity, whereas it was Dooms spot and everyone knew it. Nothing like healthy competition!
I think you will see Wolfe at DE almost all the time this yr because we added 2 good DT. Yeah maybe on certain 3rd downs but other then that its DE for him I bet.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #29
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think you will see Wolfe at DE almost all the time this yr because we added 2 good DT. Yeah maybe on certain 3rd downs but other then that its DE for him I bet.
I should have clarified, Wolfe and Williams inside on third downs and passing downs. He will be playing LDE again no doubt, he is a key element to our defense!

Double digit sacks for the big bad Wolfe! Awwooooo
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I should have clarified, Wolfe and Williams inside on third downs and passing downs. He will be playing LDE again no doubt, he is a key element to our defense!

Double digit sacks for the big bad Wolfe! Awwooooo
I sort of think he may kick inside less this yr but who knows. He does look like a good player and I think 10 sacks is doable for him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #31
91BRONCO
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
I don't know.. part of this seems smart and part of it seems a bit heartless. he has a longtime friend who has a drug problem and takes 20 dollars off of a table that belonged to Wolfe and Wolfe just basically tells his friend to get f'd? Not cool that his friend took the money but if he's got a serious problem it's not at all the same thing as him just being a scummy person.
Sometimes you have to put yourself first in situations. The bottom line was that the dude couldn't be trusted and the reason is really an afterthought.

Also, think about if they are rolling around one night and through sheer bad luck they get stopped by the cops and find drugs in the same car as Wolfe. A PR nightmare that could end a budding NFL career.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #32
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Possible, although I'm sure starting football players at major colleges do pretty damn well in this department already.
agreed
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #33
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I also think its worth mentioning that Von thinks Wolfe can be the next JJ Watt. Fingers crossed for that **** happening.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #34
Bmore Manning

Wolfe was more productive than Watt based on their rookie seasons, for what it's worth..

Everybody saw that Von said he stole about 4 sacks from Wolfe last season. So that puts our hybrid DE/DT at double digit sacks as a rookie, who plays a tweener role on our defense, and really has DT type responsibilities.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #35
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway 4 Life View Post
I also think its worth mentioning that Von thinks Wolfe can be the next Ed McCaffery. Fingers crossed for that **** happening.
FYP
Swedish Extrovert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #36
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Maybe he did and the article just didn't mention it, but I would have like to know the details of Wolfe's financial planners. What did they do? Did he leave a $20 bill on the table for them too?

Also not mentioned in the article, is that apparently Maurice Clarett was there telling his sorry story. I would love to see the video of his testimony: "Fellas, beware the Goose!"
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote