The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #526
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Wasnt this supposed to be over $2K by now...

Your chart tells only part of the story.

Here's the full chart showing the steady rise in gold after the September 11 attacks. Note the 2008 meltdown caused only a brief blip. The price went up even more steeply after it.

Then in 2011 the Fed began illegally manipulating the market. Is this too big for you to get your brain around?
MHG
Attached Images
File Type: gif au00-pres.gif (7.0 KB, 32 views)
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #527
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Bernanke is telling us that the Bull stock market is over -- or will be soon. Retards like Brit won't find out until the market bites them in the shorts.

Some idiots just never learn.
You know nothing about investing, you've shown that over the years.

You're describing 'opportunity,' but as you're both clueless and can only make a buck from someone's tragedy, it will pass you by, just like the rest of your sad little life.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #528
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Your chart tells only part of the story.

Here's the full chart showing the steady rise in gold after the September 11 attacks. Note the 2008 meltdown caused only a brief blip. The price went up even more steeply after it.

Then in 2011 the Fed began illegally manipulating the market. Is this too big for you to get your brain around?
MHG
Christ, you miss the obvious even when it's a chart. Gold followed it's normal trajectory after a crisis or event of that magnitude. There was no manipulation, it was an historical norm, you are one clueless idiot.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #529
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Christ, you miss the obvious even when it's a chart. Gold followed it's normal trajectory after a crisis or event of that magnitude. There was no manipulation, it was an historical norm, you are one clueless idiot.
Its normal trajectory?

Where'd you read that, in the Wall Street Journal?

hahahahahahahahaa
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #530
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Its normal trajectory?

Where'd you read that, in the Wall Street Journal?

hahahahahahahahaa
Deranged much?

Gold has a history, but you have never let facts get in your way when lying through your teeth to connect your imaginary dots.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #531
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Deranged much?

Gold has a history, but you have never let facts get in your way when lying through your teeth to connect your imaginary dots.
Gold has a history, yes, and so does the US intelligence community, which you know zero about.

Why don't you admit that you are only in it for numero uno, yourself, as in: me, me, me, me?

You are just another selfish bastard, just another greedy materialistic American.

You think because you've made money in the markets that you are now an expert.

In the coming daze lots of guys just like you are going to be ground up and plowed under. Grist for the New World Odor -- and I do mean odor.

It is going to stink to high heaven.

Bernanke has given a clear signal that the markets will soon be shaken. But fools like Brit who drank the kool aide listen only to themselves.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #532
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Just follow the instructions before you hurt yourself.

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #533
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Gold has a history, yes, and so does the US intelligence community, which you know zero about.

Why don't you admit that you are only in it for numero uno, yourself, as in: me, me, me, me?

You are just another selfish bastard, just another greedy materialistic American.

You think because you've made money in the markets that you are now an expert.

In the coming daze lots of guys just like you are going to be ground up and plowed under. Grist for the New World Odor -- and I do mean odor.

It is going to stink to high heaven.

Bernanke has given a clear signal that the markets will soon be shaken. But fools like Brit who drank the kool aide listen only to themselves.

MHG
Soon? How soon? Any firm date? Otherwise it's just more of your "doom and gloom soon" mantra, steeped and generalities and mixed with vagaries for a nice BS Tea.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #534
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Soon? How soon? Any firm date? Otherwise it's just more of your "doom and gloom soon" mantra, steeped and generalities and mixed with vagaries for a nice BS Tea.
The market is due a correction, even more so now the fed has hinted at slowing its monthly buying of bonds.

Gaffney is parroting what he's read and attempting to make it another conspiracy, he's otherwise clueless.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #535
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Bernanke is telling us that the Bull stock market is over -- or will be soon. Retards like Brit won't find out until the market bites them in the shorts.

Some idiots just never learn.
ok....so tell me what I should invest in. genius..


Last edited by ak1971; 06-21-2013 at 11:20 PM..
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #536
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
ok....so tell me what I should invest in. genius..

Gaffney will only get worse, so.........

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #537
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Christ, you miss the obvious even when it's a chart. Gold followed it's normal trajectory after a crisis or event of that magnitude. There was no manipulation, it was an historical norm, you are one clueless idiot.
9/11 had very little to do with gold's trajectory. It slowly went up about $25/yr after 9/11. It was around 2006 when more and more savvy investors began to see the upcoming financial crisis that accelerated the rise in gold. It was becoming clear that quantitative easing was inevitable, that government would have to pick winners and losers, that the debt ceiling would have to rise higher and more frequently, etc. Our economic model is flawed. The markets will crash if they pull back on QE, but that can't go on forever. The debt will only decline through inflation or default, and both make gold more expensive.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #538
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
9/11 had very little to do with gold's trajectory. It slowly went up about $25/yr after 9/11. It was around 2006 when more and more savvy investors began to see the upcoming financial crisis that accelerated the rise in gold. It was becoming clear that quantitative easing was inevitable, that government would have to pick winners and losers, that the debt ceiling would have to rise higher and more frequently, etc. Our economic model is flawed. The markets will crash if they pull back on QE, but that can't go on forever. The debt will only decline through inflation or default, and both make gold more expensive.
I was talking about 2008 and the financial meltdown.

edit. Ok, I see what you're looking at. I bolded his entire statement while responding to his 2008 comment.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 06-22-2013 at 01:47 PM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #539
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
9/11 had very little to do with gold's trajectory. It slowly went up about $25/yr after 9/11. It was around 2006 when more and more savvy investors began to see the upcoming financial crisis that accelerated the rise in gold. It was becoming clear that quantitative easing was inevitable, that government would have to pick winners and losers, that the debt ceiling would have to rise higher and more frequently, etc. Our economic model is flawed. The markets will crash if they pull back on QE, but that can't go on forever. The debt will only decline through inflation or default, and both make gold more expensive.
Only if the quarterly data doesn't justify the easing.

The market has been expecting a correction for a few months now, and since the Fed announcement, bonds will likely take a dive....as will equities, but a crash would mean more significant bad news. ie, unemployment rising or stagnant, manufacturing, housing numbers dropping etc.

Time will tell if the Feds are right about the economy, and there is no guarantee they won't continue to support bonds if the data looks fragile.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #540
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
You are just another selfish bastard, just another greedy materialistic American.
Sayeth the guy who's always trying to pimp his "books" here, cashing in on the victims of 9/11 for his own personal gain.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #541
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Only if the quarterly data doesn't justify the easing.

The market has been expecting a correction for a few months now, and since the Fed announcement, bonds will likely take a dive....as will equities, but a crash would mean more significant bad news. ie, unemployment rising or stagnant, manufacturing, housing numbers dropping etc.

Time will tell if the Feds are right about the economy, and there is no guarantee they won't continue to support bonds if the data looks fragile.
Speak English, anyone? WTF does this even mean?

The truth is that the QE is nothing but a continuance of the 2008 bail out -- which the too big to fails must have to stay afloat. Unfortunately the Fed and the US gov't have committed to this agenda -- much to the nation's detriment.

For the record, I have never claimed to be an investor -- only a writer. That's evidently too much to get your itsy-bitsy mind around.
MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #542
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,297

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Speak English, anyone? WTF does this even mean?

The truth is that the QE is nothing but a continuance of the 2008 bail out -- which the too big to fails must have to stay afloat. Unfortunately the Fed and the US gov't have committed to this agenda -- much to the nation's detriment.

For the record, I have never claimed to be an investor -- only a writer. That's evidently too much to get your itsy-bitsy mind around.
MHG
Shouldn't a 'writer'....and I use the term loosely, have access to a thesaurus??

Quote:
Easing: Reduction, decrease, relaxation.
If the rest of the sentence is beyond your comprehension, then your claim to being a 'writer' is as nonsensical as your looney 911 theories.

As for you not being an 'investor,' I doubt anyone would have thought otherwise.

Go do an honest days work instead of leaching off the victims of 911.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #543
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

**** guys...now it's time to buy...well wait 30 days or so but I think Silver is the best way to go because you can get more of it for a hedge later on.

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 06-24-2013 at 10:44 AM..
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #544
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
**** guys...now it's time to buy...well wait 30 days or so but I think Silver is the best way to go because you can get more of it for a hedge later on.
33% lower year to date.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #545
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Gold & silver is not acquired as an investment. It is a hedge on inflation and an instrument of barter when an economy collapses IE the fiat system that is on life support as you read this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #546
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
33% lower year to date.
I bet it goes lower still in the next 30 days or so.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #547
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,780

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Speak English, anyone? WTF does this even mean?

The truth is that the QE is nothing but a continuance of the 2008 bail out -- which the too big to fails must have to stay afloat. Unfortunately the Fed and the US gov't have committed to this agenda -- much to the nation's detriment.

For the record, I have never claimed to be an investor -- only a writer. That's evidently too much to get your itsy-bitsy mind around.
MHG
QE is about manipulating an equation to equilibrium. And finlaly they are making plans to taper it off so we have some real ****ing interest rates. And while the rest of the world is lowering their, we'll be raising ours.

We still drive the ship, bro.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #548
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Gold & silver is not acquired as an investment. It is a hedge on inflation and an instrument of barter when an economy collapses IE the fiat system that is on life support as you read this.
In a true barter economy after the collapse you keep talking about, your gold will be worth less than my beet seeds.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #549
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,809

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
In a true barter economy after the collapse you keep talking about, your gold will be worth less than my beet seeds.

Actually your can of Spam will trump both gold and seeds as will cigarettes.

Gold and Silver will have value during the rebuilding process.

The most valuable instrument one can possess in these times is a Spiritual relationship with your Maker.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #550
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The most valuable instrument one can possess in these times is a Spiritual relationship with your Maker.
Meaning? Most of us will be dead and thus our souls need to know where to go?

Or just pure gobbledygook?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Denver Broncos