The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Default Wolfe at NFL Rookie Symposium

Quote:
Derek Wolfe was a rookie last year for the Denver Broncos and learned quickly he couldn't trust anybody like he used to.

Wolfe would break up with his girlfriend of five years and fire two financial planners.

He couldn't even rely on a close friend he'd admired since high school.

Wolfe was suspicious of his buddy and left $20 lying on a table to see what would happen. The friend, who Wolfe eventually discovered had a drug problem, pocketed the $20.

"It wasn't that long ago I didn't have a dollar to my name," Wolfe told a room full of first-year players tonight at the start of the 2013 NFL Rookie Symposium. "So don't worry. I'm watching that $20 bill.

"He took it off the table. He didn't say he took it. He had two days to tell me. Never told me. So I had to tell him, 'Hey, man ...' "

Wolfe's story was one of many jolts delivered during a roundtable session that explored common rookie pitfalls and pratfalls.

Wolfe was joined by three other 2012 rookies: St. Louis Rams defensive tackle Michael Brockers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David and San Diego Chargers tackle Michael Harris. Ross Tucker, a former Buffalo Bills offensive lineman, was the moderator.

"You have to test women, test your friends, test everybody," Wolfe said to a smattering of applause. "I have to find out if they're real or not.

"Most people will say anything to get in your pocket, man. Everybody has a motive. They either want to be your friend, or they want something from you. You want to be around people who want your friendship and want your time.

"Don't waste your time on people who just want money because it gets ugly."

Wolfe dumped two financial planners because "They were rats," he said. Brockers added he fired his first financial planner, too. David claimed he spent $20,000 on tickets, trying to keep people happy when they called to ask for them.
The rest here:
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-c...eyes-open.html
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links