The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #601
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Thanks, was doing that on the fly last night from my phone haha.
No problem, anything for your avatar... I mean, you.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #602
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
In case you don't want to click on the link the title is "Rumor: Xbox One family sharing was limited to 60 minutes."

If that's the case it was just enough to get you hooked to go out and buy it. Nice gimmick, MS. (if true)
These rumors are apparently false.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ly-share-demos
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #603
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
Why on earth would anyone take Microsoft at their word?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #604
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Why on earth would anyone take Microsoft at their word?
I'm more apt to believe a real person, who puts their name behind it, than an anonymous source on a website I've never heard of. Obviously nothing they say will hold any water with a majority of people that have already decided not to get an Xbone, so I don't really care what you think.

My guess is that the DRM and 24-hour check-in was the only way they could get publishers to buy into the family share. Note that they still wouldn't have allowed the other people to play multiplayer and it's not like all 10 people could play simultaneously.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #605
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm more apt to believe a real person, who puts their name behind it, than an anonymous source on a website I've never heard of. Obviously nothing they say will hold any water with a majority of people that have already decided not to get an Xbone, so I don't really care what you think.

My guess is that the DRM and 24-hour check-in was the only way they could get publishers to buy into the family share. Note that they still wouldn't have allowed the other people to play multiplayer and it's not like all 10 people could play simultaneously.
Family share was never going to happen how you are envisioning it. Sony offered up to five systems for digital purchases when they first started PSN and the publisher pressure to scale that back was massive. Sony didn't offer a single full retail 3rd party title digitally until they dropped that number to 2 systems per account. Letting 10 people play games from one account without restriction is the most optimistic pipe dream I've ever heard. This is why Ms has never detailed what exactly their family model was.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #606
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Family share was never going to happen how you are envisioning it. Sony offered up to five systems for digital purchases when they first started PSN and the publisher pressure to scale that back was massive. Sony didn't offer a single full retail 3rd party title digitally until they dropped that number to 2 systems per account. Letting 10 people play games from one account without restriction is the most optimistic pipe dream I've ever heard. This is why Ms has never detailed what exactly their family model was.
Sony also wasn't doing away with used game sales where publishers are completely cut out of the equation like Microsoft was planning either.

It's exactly why MS had to scrap the whole plan when they decided to drop the 24 hour check-ins and returned to a disc-based model for trading/used games.

You don't know and I don't know for sure what the plan was going to be, but there is a reason that they had to scrap one of their more positive ideas at the same time they were removing the more unpopular policies.

I also never once said there weren't going to be restrictions on the shared accounts. It sounded like publishers could implement their own restrictions on the sharing of their games if they wanted to, so the whole thing may have ended up being really crappy and pointless depending on what they decided, but I don't think it would have been because of Microsoft.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #607
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sony also wasn't doing away with used game sales where publishers are completely cut out of the equation like Microsoft was planning either.
They had on digital distro, which is the only version of the games that could be shared. The used game element doesn't enter into the equation there. You could buy games on PSN and share them with up to 5 systems. Publishers hated it so much we had always online DRM slipped in (a la Capcom's Bionic Commmando 2 title) and they forced Sony to reduce it to 2 systems before allowing them digital distro of retail titles. None of this could be sold used by the purchaser, the versions that could were completely cut off from the sharing system, and yet publishers still wanted the number of systems cut dramatically.

Quote:
It's exactly why MS had to scrap the whole plan when they decided to drop the 24 hour check-ins and returned to a disc-based model for trading/used games.
They had to scrap it because MS' model was an entirely digital console masquerading as a dual format, digital and physical option.

Quote:
You don't know and I don't know for sure what the plan was going to be, but there is a reason that they had to scrap one of their more positive ideas at the same time they were removing the more unpopular policies.
I've seen enough credible sources (not from pastebin) back up the 60 minute time limit to believe it to have been legitimate.

Quote:
I also never once said there weren't going to be restrictions on the shared accounts. It sounded like publishers could implement their own restrictions on the sharing of their games if they wanted to, so the whole thing may have ended up being really crappy and pointless depending on what they decided, but I don't think it would have been because of Microsoft.
It likely would have ended up being really crappy and pointless before publishers chopped it down even further, just like how MS' model for used games sales and purchases was really crappy (only authorized resellers - i.e. Gamestop) before publishers even got involved (with their option to block used entirely).

Microsoft's entire original model for the XB1 was anti-consumer crap and the entire time they told us it was the best thing for consumers with a smile on their faces. Why would we possibly believe them when they say a feature they've now removed wasn't going to be as bad as some sources have indicated?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #608
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-game-policies
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #609
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
outside of running W8 on it they screwed up in every way imaginable
Old 06-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #610
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I just realized that you could pass the ps4 through the xbox1. Play them side by side. Lol.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #611
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Microsoft's entire original model for the XB1 was anti-consumer crap and the entire time they told us it was the best thing for consumers with a smile on their faces. Why would we possibly believe them when they say a feature they've now removed wasn't going to be as bad as some sources have indicated?
Itunes is Anti-Consumer, WoW is Anti-Consumer.

Your argument is invalid.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #612
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Also Titanfall is Xbox One / PC exclusive.

That's ALL that matters about the next generation of gaming.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #613
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post

Yeah...ok...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #614
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah...ok...
You can play Final Rehashed Fantasy for the 30th time on your PS4 though man.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #615
Agamemnon

Quote:

I really don't care about that game. Just looks like COD with robots to me.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #616
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I really don't care about that game. Just looks like COD with robots to me.
A 100% multiplayer shooter should be revered in this age. We haven't had a treat like this since the Quake/Unreal era.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #617
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
A 100% multiplayer shooter should be revered in this age. We haven't had a treat like this since the Quake/Unreal era.
They slacked like crazy with the textures, poly count and various effects though. It looks like current gen. Yeah gameplay matters, but still. There's next gen games that crush it visually.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #618
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
They slacked like crazy with the textures, poly count and various effects though. It looks like current gen. Yeah gameplay matters, but still. There's next gen games that crush it visually.
Then play Crysis. Crysis slaughters everything that will be coming out for your new consoles anyway.

Also tell that to Sports game fans. 2k5 STILL owns Madden. Gameplay is everything, as long as the graphics are "good enough."

Last edited by Doggcow; 06-24-2013 at 01:34 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #619
Agamemnon

Quote:
Seeing as I've been bored with FPS multiplayer since 2005 or so, you'll understand my lack of enthusiasm.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #620
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Itunes is Anti-Consumer, WoW is Anti-Consumer.

Your argument is invalid.
How are either of those anti-consumer?

iTunes works in an entirely digital domain, in no way trying to redefine ownership of physical media and attempts to overstep first-sale doctrine.

WoW is a single always online game that is advertised as such because that is the only way the concept works. It isn't online for the sake of checking that you are who you say you are, aren't pirating, and making sure all the ads they're going to shove in your face are updated.

I don't think you know the meaning of "invalid" if you think throwing out two starw men without actually framing any kind of rebuttal invalidates anything.

Quote:
Sorry, what the hell are you talking about? Last I checked we live in a world where Counter-Strike GO, Planetside 2, Team Fortress 2, Arma II/DayZ, and a ton of other 100% multiplayer shooters exist.

Also, I'm pretty sure the little 4-6 hour campaigns they throw into BF and CoD aren't exactly taking away from their multiplayer design in any meaningful way.

Titanfall is by a new studio with some guys who had success with one particular IP. They're now trying a game format that has never worked very well before. I'm skeptical on them getting it right first time out of the gate and I have a feeling it's going to be more like Starhawk/Warhawk were on PS3 last generation with a small dedicated group of fans but unable to reach the mainstream consumer's consciousness.

Destiny is a much more likely bet to join CoD and BF as a new major online shooter.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #621
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Also, who resold music once they were "done" with a song before Itunes? "I'm going to hawk my Ace of Base CD for the new Ricky Martin single! Jeah!" That argument is beyond stupid.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #622
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:

What we need is a first person multiplayer NFL game, where 11 players play 11 positions. (ie; Run routes, block D-linemen cover back out of backfield, etc)

That way I can troll people, and run out of bounds instead of killing clock like Marion Barber.

Not to mention it would reduce the over abundance of healthy children/adults we have in the country by eliminating actual movement.

Win-Win
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #623
lolcopter

Kinda wanna unload my ps3 to supplement a new console, but I also kinda wanna buy/play The Last of Us... .

May be a wait and hold situation for the first year or so
Old 06-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #624
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Kinda wanna unload my ps3 to supplement a new console, but I also kinda wanna buy/play The Last of Us... .

May be a wait and hold situation for the first year or so

I'd recommend the last of us. Its a very good game. Atmospheric and creepy but beautiful too. I hate clickers. If you get the game, you'll see what I mean.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #625
lolcopter

Yeah the reviews are off the charts for that game, and the genre seems right up my alley too...