The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #51
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I agree. Justin Smith open up these huge inside lanes and Aldon scream in. I'm really hoping Knighton and Sly can do that for Miller a little bit more this yr. Aldon Smith is a killer player though but I think Miller has to work harder for his sacks. Right now IMO the Niners defense about 2 stud players better then us. Namely Justin Smith and Patrick Willis. If the Broncos had those two holy cow just think how good we would be. The niners have a talented front 7.
I think Sly and Wolfe will have similar roles on passing downs, and if the Broncos can get one of them to play half as good as Smith, then the defense could possibly be great. Im fairly certain Knighton will come off the field on passing downs unless needed. Hes a true nose imo.

Yeah, the niners defense is killer. Losing a player like Goldson sucks, but they did use a first on Ried. But Willis, Smith, Aldon, and even Bowman are great players. Culliver, Rodgers, Brown, Witner, and hell, Asomugha.....thats a lot of talent in the secondary too. Imo the niners will have the best defense in the NFL next season, but Seattle could take the title too.

Last edited by NorCalBronco7; 06-23-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #52
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Von should be even better -- with a solid push up the middle.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #53
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Von should be even better -- with a solid push up the middle.
Is that legal?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #54
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

We have not had a push since the Orange Crush dayz...

Do yoooo remember? I do.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #55
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Or they don't just look at sack totals... Percentage of pass rushes resulting in QB pressures:
Yes, now you're talking ... indeed sacks are just one of several stats that measure pass-rushing skill. But in making that point, you help cement my rankings as accurate:
1) Watt >>>>>>>
2) Miller >>>
3) A.Smith
-- - - -
4) The rest....
Why does your argument to look at more than mere sack totals bolster these rankings? Because of the REST of the stats that measure pass-rushing skill: Passes batted down (he led the league with a record 16), Defeats (led league with a record 56), QB disruptions (led league w 76), and finally led the league in both sacks (20.5) and TFL (16). SO impressive I had to add one more > to his lead. But I won't be fooled again, he won't McGwire me ... I'm ready any day to see "Watt tests positive for banned substance." Hope not, but I'm ready.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote