The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #26
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The unions are now backing Jerry Browns proposal to put tax increases on the ballot. All repubs in state senate firmly against it. The public unions will push it though because they know all that money will go to there pensions. Not sure Brown can swing it. If he doesn't get it by a vote I think he has to do it through things like a gas tax.

Best case scenario would be calif avoids bankruptcy by the unions negotiating a decrease to there pensions and bennies after retirement.

Another smart move would be to raise the retirement age of public union employees and make them have to work longer.
You are misrepresenting what Brown is doing. He is not raising taxes, he is asking that taxes that are due to expire be extended.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #27
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Default La times

California budget balancer

Try your hand at eliminating the red ink in California's budget.

The state's budget shortfall for the rest of this fiscal year and next, estimated to be $28 billion, is the size of the total general fund budget of 12 states combined: Delaware, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont and West Virginia.

We've provided a wide range of options spending cuts and tax increases that cover most of the proposals made by Democratic or Republican lawmakers. It's not easy, but it can be done.

click here for the interactive budget
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You are misrepresenting what Brown is doing. He is not raising taxes, he is asking that taxes that are due to expire be extended.
What's the difference. The tax you are paying goes up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #29
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Eliminate welfare and food stamps for 5 yrs, problem solved.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #30
JJJ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Correct. Brown is doing what he did last time in office, aggresively going after costs. Kudos to him.

Watch the lefties in California howl with anger as he tries to push through these measures. Good luck to him. Will be interesting to see if he succeeds but I got to give the guy massive rep for going after it.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #31
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
What's the difference. The tax you are paying goes up.
The difference is that he never said he wants to raise taxes. The terminology is important in terms of accurately representing a position.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #32
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Correct. Brown is doing what he did last time in office, aggresively going after costs. Kudos to him.

Watch the lefties in California howl with anger as he tries to push through these measures. Good luck to him. Will be interesting to see if he succeeds but I got to give the guy massive rep for going after it.
You know as one of the people you would ascribe the lefty lable to, I am hopeful that Brown succeeds as well. I think even us "lefties" have limits and can be thrifty when times warrant and times definately warrant.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #33
JJJ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You know as one of the people you would ascribe the lefty lable to, I am hopeful that Brown succeeds as well. I think even us "lefties" have limits and can be thrifty when times warrant and times definately warrant.
It will be interesting to see if your brethren agree with you. They certainly didn't agree when Arnie tried similiar get tough measures and basically shut down the entire political process in Cali. Perhaps they have had a change of heart.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #34
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Eliminate welfare and food stamps for 5 yrs, problem solved.
Quote:
Many potential cuts to Medi-Cal programs are off limits because of the federal healthcare overhaul. Dental coverage for low-income Californians already has been eliminated.
Not even close, try again: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/budget/
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #35
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yeah you are right Minion just welfare wont fix it. Remember though California ran by the liberals and is a foretelling of what can happen to the whole country.

We have a runaway public union pension system we can't pay for
It costs too much to house our prisoners
Govt has made so many environmental rules and regulations industry has left state
We have been over run by illegals who sap our medical services and education.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Maybe they should charge people to send kids to school. Like 250 per kid. We have 7 million students. I don't have kids so I look at that k-12 spending and think really? we spend that much? Why? other states don't spend near that much.

Our teachers make too much money. Why? because of the liberal govt giving the teachers union sweetheart deals with tenure and garaunteed raises, and great pensions.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
El Minion
Ring of Famer

With crime falling even after the Great Recession, increasing employment will only help with reducing crime further and help the state and local economies finally rebound

California's jobless rate sinks to 8.6%, lowest level since 2008

California's unemployment rate tumbled to 8.6% in May from 9% in April, falling to its lowest level since November 2008, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

The state's employers added 10,800 net jobs to their payrolls last month. The hiring was nearly across the board, with the biggest gains in the leisure and hospitality sector, which added 9,000 jobs.

The next-biggest gain was in the government sector, which added 8,400 jobs. The professional and business services sector, which includes white-collar occupations such as architects and lawyers, added 5,200 jobs.

The BLS said the only sector that lost jobs last month was construction, which shed 8,500 positions.

The state's labor force grew by nearly 19,000 people, a signal that the labor market is absorbing new job seekers.

With Friday's report, California is no longer among the three states with the highest unemployment rates. Nevada has the country's highest unemployment rate at 9.5%. Illinois and Mississippi are next, tied at 9.1%.

Since May 2012, California has added 252,100 jobs.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #38
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
So what would have expired and lowered will be extended and thus raised.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #39
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
So what would have expired and lowered will be extended and thus raised.
So let's say you have a cock that is 4 inches long. I offer to not cut it off. Has the length of your cock been raised, lowered, or has it stayed the same?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

no its more like you have a cock that is 4 inches long but its about to grow and be 5 inches long. But then Jerry Brown comes along and saying no I am making all the cocks stay 4 inches. Did he just take an inch away? or is it a wash, your cock is the same size it was before no harm done.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I am so impressed with Governor Browns fiscal discipline. He is holding Dems in check in Sacramento from going on a spending spree with the new found surpluses. His budget will restore some education cuts but alot of it is targeted to pay down the debt that has been amassed over the previous years. His budget should cut it from 35b down to about 5 in the next few years. That's real progress....that's real fiscal conservatism. Of course there are huge unfunded liabilities in the pension system that dwarfs the 35b but there were some minor to moderate changes last year with pension legislation and I think a decent chunk of the problem will be alleviated once property values start to go up...as that will strengthen CalPers asset numbers.

I was willing to go along with the tax increase on the ballot last fall if we didn't just blow it on more spending and I'm glad Brown is keeping his word by holding the spenders in his party in check this year. Good work all around. I'm definitely planning on voting for him next year.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote