The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #101
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So when the NY Times revealed secrets of the CIA and how and where they were taking the captured a handful of years ago, they were applauded by mostly the liberals, but now revealing secrets about our government is a bad thing now? Can these people ever be consistent on anything? If people are truly worried about our security and what is truly right or wrong, then party affiliation should not be a factor.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #102
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...r-surveillance

http://swampland.time.com/2013/06/09...dward-snowden/
THis man is a hero.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #103
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
THis man is a hero.

Totally!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #104
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's one thing to be a whistle blower, it's another if he's giving all these details to China,Russia,Venezuela or cuba. He's shopping what he knows to whatever country that will harbor him.
When it was just an issue of him being whistle blower I didn't have an issue with what he did,but the fact that he's traveling to every known antagonist country we disagree with poses a lot of questions.
Does anyone actually think the Chinese government didn't monitor & have a sit down with snowden?
Hong Kong could've easily extradited snowden, Hong Kong on any other extradition would only need to know someone was charged and it was to the U.S. in order to extradite a person. Now all of the sudden they want to claim the paperwork wasn't properly filed.
In the end I don't buy the hype that he's some kind of hero. Initially,I thought he was,but as more facts/news comes out about this the more I think he crossed the line from being a simple whistle blower to someone selling out his country for simple self interest.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #105
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
So when the NY Times revealed secrets of the CIA and how and where they were taking the captured a handful of years ago, they were applauded by mostly the liberals, but now revealing secrets about our government is a bad thing now? Can these people ever be consistent on anything? If people are truly worried about our security and what is truly right or wrong, then party affiliation should not be a factor.
More generalizations from Generalissimo Idiotini.

Question: When you talk to people in real life, do you ever address them directly?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #106
nyuk nyuk

An apparently freedom-loving man ashamed of his own country flees to a country noted for unfree conditions, political prisoners, intimidation of journalists and human rights groups members.

No, he was always a lefty. And a blind one at that. One way to spot a radical leftist is that he hates his country for doing watered-down versions of what favored lefty regimes do, kind of like how gay rights only matters in capitalist pig countries.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #107
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
THis man is a hero.
Where he seeks refuge is indicative of who he really is. Heroic? Not in the least.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #108
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Some people are perfectly happy with their government violating the Constitution every day in order to spy on them. All they need is for somebody in big daddy government to pat them on the head and say, "We're doing it for your safety."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...xies:Position1

What is vital to recognize is that the NSA is collecting and storing staggering sums of communications every day. Back in 2010, the Washington Post reported that "every day, collection systems at the National Security Agency intercept and store 1.7 billion e-mails, phone calls and other types of communications." Documents published by the Guardian last week detail that, in March 2013, the NSA collected three billions of pieces of intelligence just from US communications networks alone.

In sum, the NSA is vacuuming up enormous amounts of communications involving ordinary Americans and people around the world who are guilty of nothing. There are some legal constraints governing their power to examine the content of those communications, but there are no technical limits on the ability either of the agency or its analysts to do so. The fact that there is so little external oversight is what makes this sweeping, suspicion-less surveillance system so dangerous. It's also what makes the assurances from government officials and their media allies so dubious.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-23-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #109
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Where he seeks refuge is indicative of who he really is. Heroic? Not in the least.
Yeah. He's obviously a guy who likes empanadas.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #110
Bacchus

Quote:
HAHAHa. well yeah he seeks refuge because he would do life in a federal prison if he didn't.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #111
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
An apparently freedom-loving man ashamed of his own country flees to a country noted for unfree conditions, political prisoners, intimidation of journalists and human rights groups members.

No, he was always a lefty. And a blind one at that. One way to spot a radical leftist is that he hates his country for doing watered-down versions of what favored lefty regimes do, kind of like how gay rights only matters in capitalist pig countries.
He's a libertarian. hard to imagine why rand Paul would heap praise on a person you discribe as a radical leftist.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #112
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What shocks me is that a corporation (Booz Allen) owned by the Carlyle Group has CIA agents on its payroll who are spying on Americans for the U.S. government. Seriously. WTF? Meanwhile, America goes, "Meh." Doesn't give me much hope for the future.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #113
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
HAHAHa. well yeah he seeks refuge because he would do life in a federal prison if he didn't.
The idea is that it was a shock to his system and he felt so badly he couldn't live in such a country that spies on its citizens.

So what does he do? A global hopscotch across some of the most grotesque regimes on the planet where he is welcomed - who all spy on their citizens and treat dissidents like cannon fodder.

It only makes sense if he was an America-hating lefty to begin with...

Or perhaps just yet another brain dead ignorant liberal.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #114
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
The idea is that it was a shock to his system and he felt so badly he couldn't live in such a country that spies on its citizens.

So what does he do? A global hopscotch across some of the most grotesque regimes on the planet where he is welcomed - who all spy on their citizens and treat dissidents like cannon fodder.

Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you, drama llama.
Maybe he used to be a Marxist, just like you?
Old 06-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #115
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It only makes sense if he was an America-hating libertarian to begin with...

Or perhaps just yet another brain dead ignorant libertarian.
FIFY.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #116
Bacchus

Quote:

Ok, so what sacrifices have you made for stuff you believe in. This man lost everything. They only thing he has left is his freedom.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #117
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
What shocks me is that a corporation (Booz Allen) owned by the Carlyle Group has CIA agents on its payroll who are spying on Americans for the U.S. government. Seriously. WTF? Meanwhile, America goes, "Meh." Doesn't give me much hope for the future.
The DHS never should have been created to begin with and the Patriot Act and similar should never have been put into law. They are either mindless, emotional overreactions or were waiting in the wings to be put into place the minute a viable pretext came along.

There is one simple and very obvious way to stop this homeland terrorism: Stop importing people from violent toilets. We never had this problem until we loosened immigration law. Apparently in some eyes its more morally acceptable to spy on everyone than it is to stop importing people from hell holes. Isn't that special? One word explains this behavior : liberalism. We just can't be diskirminatin' and sheeeeet, can we? So we'll do as we always do and harass everybody instead of looking at troublemakers because that would be "profiling" regardless of how much the shoe fits.

Unfortunately, if the media goes "Meh," so often do Americans. The media hyped Alar in the 80s so everyone pooped their pants. Last year they hyped extremely rare murders with "assault weapons" so everyone pooped their pants. Now this. Meh.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 06-23-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #118
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Ok, so what sacrifices have you made for stuff you believe in. This man lost everything. They only thing he has left is his freedom.
This topic isn't about me. I've explained here already why I believe that his motive either wasn't what he said it was or that he is an ignorant fool. You don't fight government spying by moving to a country with even more government spying. That makes no sense and it stinks.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #119
Bacchus

Quote:
This topic isn't about me. I've explained here already why I believe that his motive either wasn't what he said it was or that he is an ignorant fool. You don't fight government spying by moving to a country with even more government spying. That makes no sense and it stinks.
you're silly
Old 06-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #120
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Good. Good. Let the hate flow through you, drama llama.
Maybe he used to be a Marxist, just like you?
Yes, "hate." Another popular catchword among the left political herd animals who think best in one-word sentences.

If you take issue with what I say, then state what the issue is.

I'm not saying that he may used to be a Marxist. I'm saying he may be one now.

You don't flee to left-wing regimes with known human rights abuses because you're a lover of freedom. You do it because you're a lover of leftism.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #121
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
you're silly
A grown man calling a name most commonly used by preteen girls.

Now I've seen everything.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #122
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Some people are perfectly happy with their government violating the Constitution every day in order to spy on them. All they need is for somebody in big daddy government to pat them on the head and say, "We're doing it for your safety."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...xies:Position1
Oh there's plenty of dissent, but you can't expect to see much of it in the mainstream media.

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth to the criticism of the MSM by the likes of Chomsky in that they definitely tow the line for the politically and financially powerful. You aren't going to get the full truth from them and you are more than not going to be told what to think and what are the acceptable boundaries of thought and behavior are.

This government is extremely corrupt and specifically by powerful special interests and are also using the media to market their agenda, quite clearly.

I think we should do with corrupt government officials like they do in China - execute them. My tolerance level with governmental corruption has vanished to a nub of a fuse. What is being done right now is simply not working.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #123
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Yes, "hate." Another popular catchword among the left political herd animals who think best in one-word sentences.

If you take issue with what I say, then state what the issue is.

I'm not saying that he may used to be a Marxist. I'm saying he may be one now.

You don't flee to left-wing regimes with known human rights abuses because you're a lover of freedom. You do it because you're a lover of leftism.
Or maybe because you know your own government will incarcerate you for life (See: Bradley Manning) for revealing that they are serial violators of the Constitution, ergo, best to travel through countries that won't extradite you. Gee, ya think? No. Of course you don't.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #124
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Or maybe because you know your own government will incarcerate you for life (See: Bradley Manning) for revealing that they are serial violators of the Constitution, ergo, best to travel through countries that won't extradite you. Gee, ya think? No. Of course you don't.
Not when you do it in the name of freedom and then free to some of the most unfree toilets on earth, no. It doesn't add up.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 AM   #125
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Not when you do it in the name of freedom and then free to some of the most unfree toilets on earth, no. It doesn't add up.
I'd like to see the list of 'free' nations that wouldn't just pick the guy up and turn him over.

This country has lost its collective mind. It has no standing to call out its whistleblowers on principles.