The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #101
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
The parties in Amsterdam aren't beaten anywhere. I know this to be true. I almost got laid a hundred times in the 6 months I spent there.
QFT. I'm only living here a week and its absolutely ridiculous!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #102
lolcopter

what did you move there for?

how easy was/is it?

i have a friend who recently moved to amsterdam with her boyfriend. seems like a fun adventure.

/minor derail, but still on the subject
Old 06-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #103
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
what did you move there for?

how easy was/is it?

i have a friend who recently moved to amsterdam with her boyfriend. seems like a fun adventure.

/minor derail, but still on the subject
Had an interview arranged, i work for a company that runs pubcrawls - walking nighttimetours of the leidseplein and red light district. Basically i get paid to party.

Wasnt too hard to set up, booked a hostel, arranged an interview and got a cheap flight to eindhoven and took a connecting bus. I had to go to utrecht to register and was lucky with accommodation, which is by far the biggest b**** with this city. Only thing is im an EU citizen so work permits were not a problem.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #104
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I'm happy to let you falsely claim that Amsterdam is a better party city than Berlin.

This weekend

Friday - dinner 930 to 11
Bar - 11 to 2
Club 130 to 4 (world class dj)
Party in a massive derelict train station 5 to 1030 (world class dj)
Sleep 11 to 3
Giant beach party (world class dj) 4 to 10
Dinner 10 to 1230
Bar 1230 to 230
Club in an old house with a garden filled with weird objects 230 to 7
Sleep 730 to 1
Open air party 145 to now just taking a break to chill in the sun and will go back. Then club 8 to 2 then sleep then go to school
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #105
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
thats opposite of what i was gonna say, sew a Canadian flag on your bag, say eh alot, youll be fine.
That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I just don't get it(yes i know why they stupidly do it). I always laugh at the people.

Also, I sleep on the plane. You are behind 6 hours so you might as well sleep. I usually take a 1.5 hour nap at the hotel. Then I've got the whole day and night. I'll be up the next day fine and my body is adjusted.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #106
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm happy to let you falsely claim that Amsterdam is a better party city than Berlin.
The Dam is ****ing fun yo.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #107
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

This weekend

Bar - 11 to 2
Sleep 11 to 3
Dinner 10 to 1230
Bar 1230 to 230
Sleep 730 to 1
Open air party 145 to now just taking a break to chill in the sun and will go back. Then club 8 to 2 then sleep then go to school
I got tired just reading that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #108
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I got tired just reading that.
I'm not going to make the last club. Knees and back are toast.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #109
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Holy cow does international jet lag suuuuuuuuuuuuk!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #110
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Clearly you did not walk barefoot on the grass
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #111
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
!

Damn young Americans thinking they know it all.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #112
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Holy cow does international jet lag suuuuuuuuuuuuk!
In my experience (and I've read this is the norm) going West to East is worse. Flying to Europe: jet lag hits hard for a few days. Going back to the US: I'm always pleasantly surprised how well and long I sleep that first night back. Jet lag still sneaks up on you around mid afternoon for a few days upon return, but it's easier to handle.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #113
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I'm mostly over it now, but I was surprised at its effects. I was expecting to simply be tired. Instead, it was like a disorienting exhaustion. I felt dizzy, and detached. Then after I ate, it was like I could feel my brain shutting down - like when Windows suddenly starts to shut down, and you know it's coming and there's nothing you can do about it. I laid down and within 3 seconds my wife says I was practically snoring, dead to the world. She tried to wake me to move me to the bed, and I was just simply out. I finally woke up at midnight, wide awake. So I played some Starcraft 2 for a bit, and then tried to go back to sleep.

Finally starting to feel back to normal. Though I'm getting to be early tonight and am looking forward to a full eight hours of sleep.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #114
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Clearly!

and so easy to prove or disprove too. But no lets suffer instead!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #115
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

If anybody has Switzerland advice I'd appreciate it. I have 4 days in Paris and 4 in Rome next Spring with 3 days of travel in between.

Tue - Early train Paris to Switzerland
Wed- all day in CH
Thur - Noon train to Rome

I've researched like 17 villages and everyone is more beautiful than the first. Top candidates: Murten, Berne, Neuchatel, Lugano, Lucerne or Montreux. I can only choose one.

If there are any Swiss Omaners that know these places, I'd like to listen to your advice.

I am more interested in browsing shops, taking a bike tour or a lake cruise than museums or castle tours that mean standing in line.

Thanks.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #116
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:

This weekend

Bar - 11 to 2
Sleep 11 to 3
Dinner 10 to 1230
Bar 1230 to 230
Sleep 730 to 1
"Now we can't have parties like in Spain where they go all night/
Shut down in North America/
Or like Berlin where they go another night, alright, un huh un huh"

Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #117
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I'm mostly over it now, but I was surprised at its effects. I was expecting to simply be tired. Instead, it was like a disorienting exhaustion. I felt dizzy, and detached. Then after I ate, it was like I could feel my brain shutting down - like when Windows suddenly starts to shut down, and you know it's coming and there's nothing you can do about it. I laid down and within 3 seconds my wife says I was practically snoring, dead to the world. She tried to wake me to move me to the bed, and I was just simply out. I finally woke up at midnight, wide awake. So I played some Starcraft 2 for a bit, and then tried to go back to sleep.

Finally starting to feel back to normal. Though I'm getting to be early tonight and am looking forward to a full eight hours of sleep.
Other than the jet lag, how was the trip?
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #118
lolcopter

Is there an awesome place to search for airline tickets outside of the typical kayak/Expedia sites? I have some flight alerts set up on kayak, but it seems like it will run at least $900-ish to get over there (europe) no matter what. Not planning anything anytime soon, but if there are better places to look for deals I'm all ears.

I've been to Europe before already like 6-7 years ago but it was a hectic backpacking journey that was a bit much. If I go back, it will be much more relaxed, spending a week or so in a place instead of train hopping across the continent. Could also check out Asia, and would eventually like to hit central/south America a bit too.

Last edited by lolcopter; 06-24-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #119
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
If anybody has Switzerland advice I'd appreciate it. I have 4 days in Paris and 4 in Rome next Spring with 3 days of travel in between.

Tue - Early train Paris to Switzerland
Wed- all day in CH
Thur - Noon train to Rome

I've researched like 17 villages and everyone is more beautiful than the first. Top candidates: Murten, Berne, Neuchatel, Lugano, Lucerne or Montreux. I can only choose one.

If there are any Swiss Omaners that know these places, I'd like to listen to your advice.

I am more interested in browsing shops, taking a bike tour or a lake cruise than museums or castle tours that mean standing in line.

Thanks.
I don't know where you have been, buI think i'd easyjet/ryanair and fly to rome. Hit up florence/venice/napoli/capri.

That's a lot of train time from Paris to Rome with a stop in the middle.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #120
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Is there an awesome place to search for airline tickets outside of the typical kayak/Expedia sites? I have some flight alerts set up on kayak, but it seems like it will run at least $900-ish to get over there (europe) no matter what. Not planning anything anytime soon, but if there are better places to look for deals I'm all ears.

I've been to Europe before already like 6-7 years ago but it was a hectic backpacking journey that was a bit much. If I go back, it will be much more relaxed, spending a week or so in a place instead of train hopping across the continent. Could also check out Asia, and would eventually like to hit central/south America a bit too.
I'd recommend Asia. Easier on the wallet and cool sites to see.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #121
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Where'd you go?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #122
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

TJ you still over here? Come to Berlin and ill give you a tour.

Lolcopter that seems a bit high. With enough notice I've seen NY to Berlin tickets for 500 but if you live in CO it's probably quite a bit more.

Berlin is cheap FYI... and I grew up in Asia. I pay $400 a month for a big place shared with one person.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #123
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Nah man. I'm back home. I was in Leipzig last week for a conference. Interesting city, but I don't think I am in a hurry to get back there. I'd love to see Berlin and Munich sometime though.

One thing that I did appreciate about Leipzig is the skyline. All that old architecture was cool. Not to mention the nuclear stacks in the distance. What a juxtaposition that was...
Old 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #124
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:

Didn't drink enough water.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #125
lolcopter

Quote:
Lolcopter that seems a bit high. With enough notice I've seen NY to Berlin tickets for 500 but if you live in CO it's probably quite a bit more.

Berlin is cheap FYI... and I grew up in Asia. I pay $400 a month for a big place shared with one person.
yeah, seems to be the case. a price you have to pay living in the middle of the country i guess.

good to hear about berlin being cheap though. i think i'd like to get back to germany at some point in the next year or so. loved munich, but haven't ventured outside of bavaria much, but berlin seems like a good spot to visit also.