The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #26
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

**** off I get to decide what is important to me not you. If I want to say i am more impressed by starting a business, making money, then I am by being a Seal that is my right isn't it? So first you said the order was important, But now you say you don't care what order I found a fact in because I pointed out Democrats even vote for b****es who lie about being indians? Sorry for pointing out the hard fact for you lil fella do you need a tissue.

Markey=career politician and old as dirt itself
Gomez=self made millionaire businessman, young full of energy.

Thats all any sane person should need to know. Out with the old career ****twads!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #27
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Markey=career politician and old as dirt itself and up by ten points
Gomez=self made millionaire businessman, young full of energy.

Thats all any sane person should need to know. Out with the old career ****twads!
Good luck making up that deficit, Gabi.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

He probably won't make it up. Any state that would elect a known murderer for years will most likely always go democrat. Scott Brown like some anamoly.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #29
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
**** off I get to decide what is important to me not you. If I want to say i am more impressed by starting a business, making money, then I am by being a Seal that is my right isn't it? So first you said the order was important, But now you say you don't care what order I found a fact in because I pointed out Democrats even vote for b****es who lie about being indians? Sorry for pointing out the hard fact for you lil fella do you need a tissue.

Markey=career politician and old as dirt itself
Gomez=self made millionaire businessman, young full of energy.

Thats all any sane person should need to know. Out with the old career ****twads!
You can decide what is important to you, but once you post it we get to decide if you are right or wrong or full of ****. That is the way the message board works. Nifty huh?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
You can decide what is important to you, but once you post it we get to decide if you are right or wrong or full of ****. That is the way the message board works. Nifty huh?
Ok so being a success in business isn't impressive to you at all. Do liberals see everything now as just luck or unfair advantage? I think by voting in smart businessman they will make smarter decision with money, spending, taxing. Just my theory but obviously dems are more just vote in people who will tow the party line.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #31
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok so being a success in business isn't impressive to you at all. Do liberals see everything now as just luck or unfair advantage? I think by voting in smart businessman they will make smarter decision with money, spending, taxing. Just my theory but obviously dems are more just vote in people who will tow the party line.
Being a smart business man does not equal a great representative in government. Look at gwb & the great recession & look at hoover & the depression. What you fail to realize is government isn't a business.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #32
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok so being a success in business isn't impressive to you at all. Do liberals see everything now as just luck or unfair advantage? I think by voting in smart businessman they will make smarter decision with money, spending, taxing. Just my theory but obviously dems are more just vote in people who will tow the party line.
The same can be said about Gomez,Gomez is going to do what Scott brown did, he's going to tow the party line.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:28 AM   #33
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok so being a success in business isn't impressive to you at all. Do liberals see everything now as just luck or unfair advantage? I think by voting in smart businessman they will make smarter decision with money, spending, taxing. Just my theory but obviously dems are more just vote in people who will tow the party line.
I have no problem with rich businessmen being President. I have a problem with Republicans.

People who are successful in business tend to look at money as the great all to end all. Corporations do not care about people, they care about profit. Just because you can make money does not mean you are going to be a good politician or have the people's best interest at heart.

Would you really want Donald Trump as your President?

Would you like Liberal Bill Gates, Warren Buffet or George Soros as President? They are are great business people and made lots of money so you should have no problem with them, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

No i am looking for a combination of success, youth, ideas, and a sign the person has made sacrifices for others in his/her life.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

What i am not looking for anymore are career politicians who after 25 yrs in Congress have been more part of the partisan gridlock that a presenter of ideas and ways to move the country into the future.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #36
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Wow, if you had posted those two posts in a row 4 years ago you would be describing Obama and McCain.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #37
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

My problem with Obama was a total lack of accomplishment in the private sector and not enough experience yet in DC. Those problems have turned out to be big as he is a crappy president. Not only that he lied about a lot of things he said he would be different about it. He screwed up foriegn policy at every turn and the economy still stinks despite the spin.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

Also Houghtam big difference between president and a Senator. Senator I think should be younger with new ideas while a President probably should be a little more seasoned.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #39
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

The major impediment to government working anymore is an out-of-control Right Wing radical movement bordering on anarchy, determined to either get rid of government, or failing that, to make sure it can't work, even at it's proper role. It takes nothing for a single member of the so-called Tea Party to tack an amendment onto a bill that promptly kills it, or better yet, forces the opposition to vote against it and be blamed for it. The basis of our form of government, as George Washington put it, is "accommodation." The Right Wingers have thrown that out. In other words, they no longer believe in our style of government. They believe in "My way or the highway." That's not republicanism. That's not democracy.

I'm sick of hearing this same old propaganda **** about the "socialists" and "liberals" and blah, blah, blah. There hasn't been a liberal piece of legislation in this country in thirty years. Every move we have made for three decades has been Right, Right and more Right. We took down the progressive tax system, deregulated banks and Wall Street, dropped the effective corporate tax rate by 20%, reformed welfare to the point that half the recipients got kicked off, reduced funding across the board on every "liberal" program you can name, created a bunch of corporate friendly trade policies that destroyed the labor movement in this country, allowed corporations to rewrite our energy, water, clean air and forest policies, created a foreign policy that funnels wealth into the military/industrial complex, and watched as the income disparity exploded, the burden of government was shifted to the backs of the middle class, and the poor were kicked to the curb. Now they want to kill food stamps?

I can see why the propaganda is so shrill from the Right. They don't want the American people to know that it is their philosophy and their policies that have governed America for the last thirty years. If there is one thing that terrifies Republicans more than anything else, it is taking responsibility, and it is their policies that have destroyed America. We gave them all the money. Where are the jobs?

And then the lunatics on the Right scream that our problems are caused by the Left. It's like living in a freak show.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-24-2013 at 08:49 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

Thats funny Rho we see it the exact opposite and feel like liberals transport us into bizzarro land.

But you should be upset then when suppossed liberals you voted in to change things do nothing. You should hate Obama more then Bush. Why? Because under Bush you had hope the next president would be progressive, would be different, in steps obama to save the day.

Now he has Pelosi defending the NSA, is starting a proxy war with Russia in Syria, let islamic radicals take over Libya, Egypt and lost our foothold in Iraq. His economy still stinks and now he wants to unveil his final attack on it, the carbon tax. His dream of making coal fired plants too expensive could happen if his party wins in 2014. Also he just removed a huge chunk of land that should have been drilled on. Basically now that his agenda falling apart my theory is he will try and salvage it by going environmental freak and really screwing up the economy.

It's a freak show alright but its not because of rich people or corporations.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Thats funny Rho we see it the exact opposite and feel like liberals transport us into bizzarro land.

But you should be upset then when suppossed liberals you voted in to change things do nothing. You should hate Obama more then Bush. Why? Because under Bush you had hope the next president would be progressive, would be different, in steps obama to save the day.

Now he has Pelosi defending the NSA, is starting a proxy war with Russia in Syria, let islamic radicals take over Libya, Egypt and lost our foothold in Iraq. His economy still stinks and now he wants to unveil his final attack on it, the carbon tax. His dream of making coal fired plants too expensive could happen if his party wins in 2014. Also he just removed a huge chunk of land that should have been drilled on. Basically now that his agenda falling apart my theory is he will try and salvage it by going environmental freak and really screwing up the economy.

It's a freak show alright but its not because of rich people or corporations.

What's obama to do. Invade every mid east country & force everyone at gun point to vote for who we want as leader.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #42
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You should hate Obama more then Bush. Why? Because under Bush you had hope the next president would be progressive, would be different, in steps obama to save the day.


Kids say the darndest things...but cut takes the cake for stupid ****.

I don't even know where to start. First of all, this is coming from someone who thinks Bush was a good president. You lost all credibility there, for starters.

But lets get into just the theory behind this.

You're saying that because we had high hopes for this new guy after someone we really hated, and because the new guy didn't live up to our expectations, that we should hate the new guy more than the guy who we hated in the first place.

So by that logic, we should all hate Manning more than Tebow, because man, that Tebow guy was bad, but we thought we would get a Super Bowl with Manning and didn't.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

Football doesn't compare but i am not surprised your feeble mind doesn't get it.

Bush can not destroy a liberals faith in the democratic party. Only a liberal can do that. You got your liberal and he still sucked and let you down.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #44
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What's obama to do. Invade every mid east country & force everyone at gun point to vote for who we want as leader.
He should have not called for Mubarek to step down and instead let the Egyptian military know that without Mubarek all the support we give them ends. It basically pays their salaries ya know? and it most definitely pays for all of their toys. Instead he went against his Sec of State and called for him to step down. Then before that instead of playing hardball with Iran over an occupying forces agreement he easily just gave up because he didn't want to stay. Why? because he said he wouldn't in election. Another election yr promise based on fantasy but this one he followed through on. Shows he is shortsighted. Now iran owns Iraqs airspace and does it what it wants. Cue Libya, Syria where once again he is supporting unfriendly forces into power.

You don't have to invade to be the opposite of what Obama has done. Just show some fortitude you will do whats best for the world not some BS about well I cant force people to vote for someone. you do it with our power, our money.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #45
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

First thing is stop giving money to the govts that are unfriendly to us. Send in activists and do it like the terrorists do. Give money straight to the poeple and bypass the govts. For half of what we give Egypts military we could get the people to love us i bet.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Football doesn't compare but i am not surprised your feeble mind doesn't get it.

Bush can not destroy a liberals faith in the democratic party. Only a liberal can do that. You got your liberal and he still sucked and let you down.
You just keep making those outrageous statements.

On a side note, no liberal I know has had faith in the Democratic Party at any point in the last few decades. We may vote for them most of the time. We may agree with most of their politics. Some of us may actually be registered democrats, although my parents probably wouldn't even admit it anymore. But "faith"? In the Democratic Party?

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,590
Default

so dems admit their side sucks but they vote for them anyways. No wonder we are ****ed by lame ass democrats in office.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #48
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
so dems admit their side sucks but they vote for them anyways. No wonder we are ****ed by lame ass democrats in office.
Do you understand the difference between political beliefs and political action?

(You don't, do you?)

Can you or anyone here honestly say they have any faith in the Republican Party? Now there's a laugh. Please, say it loud and proud in public, guys!!

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #49
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
so dems admit their side sucks but they vote for them anyways. No wonder we are ****ed by lame ass democrats in office.
He said liberals have had no faith in dems. there's a difference.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #50
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He should have not called for Mubarek to step down and instead let the Egyptian military know that without Mubarek all the support we give them ends. It basically pays their salaries ya know? and it most definitely pays for all of their toys. Instead he went against his Sec of State and called for him to step down. Then before that instead of playing hardball with Iran over an occupying forces agreement he easily just gave up because he didn't want to stay. Why? because he said he wouldn't in election. Another election yr promise based on fantasy but this one he followed through on. Shows he is shortsighted. Now iran owns Iraqs airspace and does it what it wants. Cue Libya, Syria where once again he is supporting unfriendly forces into power.

You don't have to invade to be the opposite of what Obama has done. Just show some fortitude you will do whats best for the world not some BS about well I cant force people to vote for someone. you do it with our power, our money.
The people revolted and chose to have a democracy. **** dictatorships. We spent 8 years under the POS GWB proving that sometimes that the worst possible person who could get elected can get elected. It comes with the territory in a democracy, sometimes the person you want doesn't get elected. As much as GWB spent over his 8 yrs in office yapping about the spreading of democracy, you would think you'd be excited about mubarek stepping down.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Denver Broncos