The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default Former Navy Seal has small chance in Boston Senate race

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

If Gomez could upset the democratic establishment in Boston and take that seat it could have huge implications in 2014. Obviously he's the best man in this race but with entrenched liberal politics in Boston it will be a longshot.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It would be a huge upset if gomez won. I highly doubt he's within 10% points when election time rolls around though. Dems outnumber reps by a wide margin,it would take dems staying home & not voting for Gomez to even squeak out a victory.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He got a huge boost by being ground zero for bombing. Then I guess the democratic candidate attacked him a little too hard and because he was a navy seal that may have backfired a bit. Don't underestimate what being a seal and a brave man can get your peace. Also he's younger and the democratic base not that energized for a special election.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He got a huge boost by being ground zero for bombing. Then I guess the democratic candidate attacked him a little too hard and because he was a navy seal that may have backfired a bit. Don't underestimate what being a seal and a brave man can get your peace. Also he's younger and the democratic base not that energized for a special election.
Gomez better hope the dem base isn't energized, that's his only chance of winning. Being a navy seal is honorable, but that isn't going win it for him. Let's not forget,Gomez is what they found at the bottom of the trash heap,most everyone that the GOP wanted to run chose not to enter the race.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Wow a navy seal is bottom of the trash heap huh? At least hes not a liar like the other b**** Senator from that state.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wow a navy seal is bottom of the trash heap huh? At least hes not a liar like the other b**** Senator from that state.
Actually, Gomez is a liar,he's been lying throughout the entire campaign. Gomez was a navy seal,but does not mean he is the best choice to be a senator. He was not the first,second, or the 3rd choice for the GOP to run in the race. He's owed our gratitude & respect nothing more.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Nothing like that makes you best choice. It's something good to get you noticed nothing more. Would you say his opponent is more truthful?
Old 06-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This guy running against Gomez is the one who tried to ban rollercoasters saying he thought they g forces were bad for people mentally and physically. He had no proof but whatever liberals don't need proof to go on a wacky witch hunt.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...est=latestnews

If Gomez could upset the democratic establishment in Boston and take that seat it could have huge implications in 2014. Obviously he's the best man in this race but with entrenched liberal politics in Boston it will be a longshot.
Oh really?

My favorite SEAL is Jesse Ventura. You know about him?

I suggest you do a Google. (Do you know how?)
MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He was only Vietnam era underwater demoltion. They didn't have Seals yet. But.... even though he can be a bit crazy he was someone who tried to lower and reform taxes. He's socially liberal which I am also but we disagree on abortion. He's not a big spender and was a proponet of mass transit which I guess is a good idea in any city.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Ventura sort of like Ron Paul where you listen to them and say. Hell yes, oh yeah that is so true, yep i agree with that, then Huh? what? holy cow he said that?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #12
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He was only Vietnam era underwater demoltion. They didn't have Seals yet. But.... even though he can be a bit crazy he was someone who tried to lower and reform taxes. He's socially liberal which I am also but we disagree on abortion. He's not a big spender and was a proponet of mass transit which I guess is a good idea in any city.
You've got your military history wrong here, buddy. The SEALs were in operation during Vietnam. The USN Underwater Demolitions Team were just not part of the SEALs yet. And no, I didn't just look this up on Google, I read it in a book like people do, called Combat Swimmer. Actually a very good read.

But I digress.

Nice deflection on Warren, by the way. But did you know that his opponent was in the Army as well?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Seal first came into existence in 1962, so they were there in Vietnam. And having spent some time with bunch of UDTs, they were just a ****ing crazy and their SEAL brethren.

BTW being in the SOF or the military doesn't make you "better" person for elected office. Different skills sets and requirements.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm more impressed what this guy has done in business then his Seal background. Why vote in some DC career politician whose only campaign line is if you vote for him, and enough other repubs get elected, then we could lose the Senate.

That would turn me off. I want to hear what you will do for the state, not how you are just beholden to your party. Check this guys votes. He is 100% for his own party. Better hope the bill that dems want isn't bad for your state. This dude would suck up to Pelosi and vote away.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #15
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm more impressed what this guy has done in business then his Seal background. Why vote in some DC career politician whose only campaign line is if you vote for him, and enough other repubs get elected, then we could lose the Senate.

That would turn me off. I want to hear what you will do for the state, not how you are just beholden to your party. Check this guys votes. He is 100% for his own party. Better hope the bill that dems want isn't bad for your state. This dude would suck up to Pelosi and vote away.
Bull****.

If you were more impressed with that, you would have brought that up first, instead of A) bringing up the fact that he was a SEAL and B) comparing his military service to the ethnicity of someone who he's not even running against.

No, more than likely you heard he was a SEAL first, got a boner like you Republicans always do for politicians who served in the military (as long as they agree with your views), THEN looked up who he actually was.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Bull****.

If you were more impressed with that, you would have brought that up first, instead of A) bringing up the fact that he was a SEAL and B) comparing his military service to the ethnicity of someone who he's not even running against.

No, more than likely you heard he was a SEAL first, got a boner like you Republicans always do for politicians who served in the military (as long as they agree with your views), THEN looked up who he actually was.
Big deal you can still be more impressed with the 2nd thing you find out about someone. Not like we all are up to date with every election until we read some about the people right? Or Houghtam do you just know everything without needing any internet, books, magazines, papers, tv? So what the first thing I heard was former navy seal vying for senate seat? Then i read up about the two of them and found out one is young, a success in business, and a former navy seal. The other is a career politician who always votes the party line. His big thing is hey if you vote for him the repubs might win the senate. WOW that is inspiring isn't it? Oh and I guess now I know he was in the army like 400 yrs ago.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I am here to throw my hat in for another 40 yrs in washington. What will I do for you? ummmm I will vote dem everytime no matter what. And if Obama bends over not only will i kiss the ass, i will rim it.

While the other guy is a smart businessman who will be smart like all conservatives and vote for what makes people the most money.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I am here to throw my hat in for another 40 yrs in washington. What will I do for you? ummmm I will vote dem everytime no matter what. And if Obama bends over not only will i kiss the ass, i will rim it.

While the other guy is a smart businessman who will be smart like all conservatives and vote for what makes people the most money.
BS. GWB was a business man and look how he ****ed **** up. Gomez will make a limited 1% more money while screwing over the average worker.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Bush came from money and priviledge though. This guy sounds different but I could be wrong. Peace you are a crack up you have no idea what type of man he is. You're a party hack.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

And Bush was loads better then Obama. Just because you did the liberal smear job on him with the help of the media doesn't make it so. Obama is a disaster. He has spent more, screwed up more, and been more dishonest and a bigger flip flopper on huge issues then Bush ever did.

Just wait until young people without parents insurance to get on don't buy insurance and subsidize Obamacare. Then the dark sith lord will be finished and his failure complete. Then he goes and builds his library and still blames Bush for every little thing he can't do right.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Seriously that is all Obama is. He is just this guy who blames everything or tries to make himself look better by comparing himself to Bush.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #22
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Bush came from money and priviledge though. This guy sounds different but I could be wrong. Peace you are a crack up you have no idea what type of man he is. You're a party hack.
Ironic. The biggest hack on this board calling me a hack.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And Bush was loads better then Obama. Just because you did the liberal smear job on him with the help of the media doesn't make it so. Obama is a disaster. He has spent more, screwed up more, and been more dishonest and a bigger flip flopper on huge issues then Bush ever did.

Just wait until young people without parents insurance to get on don't buy insurance and subsidize Obamacare. Then the dark sith lord will be finished and his failure complete. Then he goes and builds his library and still blames Bush for every little thing he can't do right.
You wanna see what a real hack looks like? Take a look in a mirror.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm not a hack you're a hack.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Big deal you can still be more impressed with the 2nd thing you find out about someone. Not like we all are up to date with every election until we read some about the people right? Or Houghtam do you just know everything without needing any internet, books, magazines, papers, tv? So what the first thing I heard was former navy seal vying for senate seat? Then i read up about the two of them and found out one is young, a success in business, and a former navy seal. The other is a career politician who always votes the party line. His big thing is hey if you vote for him the repubs might win the senate. WOW that is inspiring isn't it? Oh and I guess now I know he was in the army like 400 yrs ago.
I could give two ****s what order you find your facts out in.

My problem is when the FIRST thing you hear is that he's a SEAL and then run over here like a little b**** and go "HE'S A SEAL AND ELIZABETH WARREN ISN'T AN INDIAN!"

Now, if you had made coherent arguments in the first place for why you thought Gomez was better than Markey (not Warren), then we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?