The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #26
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Von should be teens at the lowest.

I imagine the top 10 will have a slew of QBs but Watt, Von and Aldon Smith won't be far behind after their 2012 seasons.
I agree, I'm thinking this

Rogers
AD
Watt
Calvin
Brady
Pmanning
Von
Aj green
Aldon smith
Justin smith
Ect

20. Rg3

I don't see a spot for Tamba Hali in the top 20 and wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan gets snubbed again.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I agree, I'm thinking this

Rogers
AD
Watt
Calvin
Brady
Pmanning
Von
Aj green
Aldon smith
Justin smith
Ect

20. Rg3

I don't see a spot for Tamba Hali in the top 20 and wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan gets snubbed again.
Tamba's coming off a single digit sack season so no chance for him. Matt Ryan MIGHT make it. He was in the running for MVP for quite some time. I hope he's snubbed because I dislike him, however.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #28
Tim

Quote:
Tamba's coming off a single digit sack season so no chance for him. Matt Ryan MIGHT make it. He was in the running for MVP for quite some time. I hope he's snubbed because I dislike him, however.
Yep, there's too many really good players left like brees, p Willis, and jamaal Charles for some of the overrated players like Tamba to have a spot. Doom's looking unlikely too.

But if weddle isn't too 20 there is something wrong with the voting.

Last edited by Tim; 06-17-2013 at 12:25 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yep, there's too many really good players left like brees, p Willis, and jamaal Charles for some of the overrated players like Tamba to have a spot.

But if weddle isn't too 20 there is something wrong with the voting.
There's no way Weddle makes the top 20.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #30
Tim

Quote:
There's no way Weddle makes the top 20.
When earl Thomas was up the segment said there was one more safety left and I don't think reed, Troy p, of jarius Byrd more deserving but you're probably right since he was snubbed from any other accolade after being the best FS since troys decline
Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #31
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This ranking is a joke
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Von and Manning names still not called and we down to the top 10.

I think the order goes like this:

1) AD
2) Calvin Johnson
3) JJ Watt
4) Rodgers
5) Von Miller
6) Peyton Manning
7) Tom Brady
8) Patrick Willis
9) Aldon Smith
10) Arian Foster
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #33
Agamemnon

I really don't care. Cam Newton in the top 50 and Flacco in the top 20. This list is a joke...
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #34
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Flacco deserves it based on 2013 I think.

11TDs 0INTs

And Cam IS the Panthers, no offense but Steve Smith really isnt that good anymore.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post

11TDs 0INTs

And Cam IS the Panthers, no offense but Steve Smith really isnt that good anymore.
Flacco's receivers and o-line (especially Boldin) were the main reason he put up those numbers. Meanwhile, people conveniently forget that the guy's mediocre play in the regular season nearly caused his team to miss the playoffs entirely.

Oh and Cam Newton is crap. He puts up nice numbers at times but he can't do **** when the game is on the line.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

How in the world did Ryan Clady not make the top 100, yet he wants the same money as Thomas
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #37
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
How in the world did Ryan Clady not make the top 100, yet he wants the same money as Thomas
This statement should be factored into negotiations.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #38
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Flacco's receivers and o-line (especially Boldin) were the main reason he put up those numbers. Meanwhile, people conveniently forget that the guy's mediocre play in the regular season nearly caused his team to miss the playoffs entirely.

Oh and Cam Newton is crap. He puts up nice numbers at times but he can't do **** when the game is on the line.
Flacco is ranked above: Luck, Eli, Cam, Russel Wilson, Big Ben, Stafford, and Kaepernick. Other than Big Ben I don't see a problem

I think he deserves that after last season, and to me he is a lot like Eli when he won his first super bowl ring. I also believe Flacco's rating will plummet by next year, but he deserves it for this year.

And for Cam give me one example where the game was on the "line" and he couldnt get it done
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #39
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post

11TDs 0INTs

Those numbers were the playoffs when Flacco got his defense back from injury. He put up very nice numbers much like Dilfer.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Those numbers were the playoffs when Flacco got his defense back from injury. He put up very nice numbers much like Dilfer.
?
Dilfer completed less than 48% of his passes and had 3 total passing TD to 1 INT in the entire playoffs that year.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 06-21-2013 at 10:39 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #41
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
yes, this list is clearly ironclad. hell, lets just get rid of agents and slot everyone in according to their NFL Network Offseason Fluff List rankings
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #42
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
One of the greatest TD to INT ratios in playoff history and you equate him to Dilfer. Odd. If Manning did that last year Denver rolls through the Super Bowl

Remember, Dilfer played half a year for Balt in 2000. Hardly equal to anything Flacco did last year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
He's only had one great year, and that was with a guy who has a history of making receivers look good.
You evidently forget his performance the last 5 weeks of 2011 and the postseason with a guy who has a history of making WR's look like crap.

He'll continue to develop into a very good WR that will be a match-up nightmare for opposing DB's
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #44
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.

...and had he been 100% healthy
Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #45
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
?
Dilfer completed less than 48% of his passes and had 3 total passing TD to 1 INT in the entire playoffs that year.
That was the point. I didn't mean Dilfer is better than Flacco and shouldn't have put that statement after saying Flacco put up good numbers. Both benefited from the defense. The players voting in this must have only looked at the playoffs and not the regular season too.

During the regular season, when the defense had multiple injuries, the fans were calling for Flacco's head, again. Fitzpatrick had a better completion percentage than Flacco, so did Carson Palmer. Flacco got his defense back and got the job done. Bravo. I can't wait for this year and see how the fans appreciate that contract.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #46
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He would be ranked higher if he didn't play his first two years with a back up QB and a punt protector throwing him the ball.
In the handful of games they got to start together (because Thomas was perennially injured) DT put up the best game of his career as well as the third best game of his career with Tebow throwing to him.

So excuse me while I roll my eyes.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #47
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
That was the point. I didn't mean Dilfer is better than Flacco and shouldn't have put that statement after saying Flacco put up good numbers. Both benefited from the defense. The players voting in this must have only looked at the playoffs and not the regular season too.

During the regular season, when the defense had multiple injuries, the fans were calling for Flacco's head, again. Fitzpatrick had a better completion percentage than Flacco, so did Carson Palmer. Flacco got his defense back and got the job done. Bravo. I can't wait for this year and see how the fans appreciate that contract.
I still don't think there's much of a similarity between the 2 other than they both won a SB w/ the Ravens. Flacco had a superb postseason and his statistics reflect that--I don't see how an 11:0 TD:INT ratio has anything to do with having a decent defence. His defence didn't carry him through the playoffs. Dilfer had a Tebowesque passing line through his postseason run and he had perhaps the best defence in league history lead the way to a title.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #48
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

RG3 @ 15.

Demarcus Ware @ 12 if that give you any idea where Von will be. My guess is 5.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #49
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
When earl Thomas was up the segment said there was one more safety left and I don't think reed, Troy p, of jarius Byrd more deserving but you're probably right since he was snubbed from any other accolade after being the best FS since troys decline
Ed Reed @ 18
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #50
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
In the handful of games they got to start together (because Thomas was perennially injured) DT put up the best game of his career as well as the third best game of his career with Tebow throwing to him.

So excuse me while I roll my eyes.

I see you're still butthurt by Tebow being punted to the Jets when Manning signed with Broncos

Sure he had 204 yards in wildcard game and 144 vs. Vikes, but let's put it in perspective....Vikings couldn't cover me, let alone a beast like DT....and the Steelers constantly had 9 guys in the box and his career high with Tebow was 7 catches twice......

with Manning he had 9-135, 9-102-1TD, 8-99-2TD's, 9-180, 7-122-1TD, 7-137-1TD not to mention his 5-110-1TD game vs. Steelers in home opener

which means his having big games was more the rule with Manning and the exception with Tebow. Seems to me had he remained healthy and had a good QB, he would be ranked higher.