The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #26
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

I think there's more or a correlation to availability of public transportation and/or population density than anything else.

I can say that Wyoming has no real public transportation at all, pretty much anywhere in the state....Cheyenne has a bus service, but it shuts down at 7:00 on weekdays and 5:00 on weekends, not really helping the "responsible drinker" thing.

Colorado, on the other hand, has a pretty fair percentage of the population served by the light rail and/or bus system.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's a pretty striking correlation that's hard to miss.
one should remember that correlation <> causation.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,508

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Hard, but not impossible. Ask my buddy who happened to be next to a bike with the keys in it when he was wasted...
Similar thing happened to my brother. It's amazing how much damage a DUI can do, and how some cops just throw them around recklessly.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
I think there's more or a correlation to availability of public transportation and/or population density than anything else.

I can say that Wyoming has no real public transportation at all, pretty much anywhere in the state....Cheyenne has a bus service, but it shuts down at 7:00 on weekdays and 5:00 on weekends, not really helping the "responsible drinker" thing.

Colorado, on the other hand, has a pretty fair percentage of the population served by the light rail and/or bus system.
We just love to drink in Wyoming and we don't care. Grow a pair or GTFO!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #30
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol at Alaska. Yeah, those are some real responsible drinkers up there.
It is freezing cold up there for a larger part of the year. Nobody wants to go out. Plus their car batteries are often dead.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #31
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,713

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
We just love to drink in Wyoming and we don't care. Grow a pair or GTFO!
believe me, I've done well more than my fair share of irresponsible drinking in Wyoming.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I remember the first time I went to New Orleans and saw my first drive-through liquor store.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Useless data is useless
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #34
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,005

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I remember the first time I went to New Orleans and saw my first drive-through liquor store.
You could get a rum and coke to go at a WYO drive thru.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
We just love to drink in Wyoming and we don't care. Grow a pair or GTFO!
yeah man, you're not a real dude until you swerve around the road maybe or maybe not killing people
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #36
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
You could get a rum and coke to go at a WYO drive thru.
with a straw and a map of back country streets to avoid the Fuzz. Real customer friendly state.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #37
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
yeah man, you're not a real dude until you swerve around the road maybe or maybe not killing people
exactly!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #38
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
exactly!
I knew a guy in the Navy that said his favorite hobby was driving drunk. He was a ****head... And was in the process of an other than honorable discharge.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #39
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,406

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I knew a guy in the Navy that said his favorite hobby was driving drunk. He was a ****head... And was in the process of an other than honorable discharge.
I bet he's from Wyoming too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Denver Broncos