The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #751
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
So... for anyone who's keeping score:
Nice graphic. You need to be made head officer of the astrometrics.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #752
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Well one of the ghosts decided to go full a-hole and create mass chaos for a few people, including myself and JCM. What they chose to do was not against the rules but it all came to a boil right at vote time and it left me a little flustered trying to catch up.

If we had been given notice we would have been prepared to answer the onslaught of cloak requests faster. As such it took me a little while to figure out what was going on.

The ghosts were left to decide who they wanted to give the cloaks to and they were to give us the final list of the cloaked. That happened and the result of the game would not have changed based on how the cloaks were used.

Unfortunately a few people were mislead on their cloak gifts. Some folks thought they had more than they did, others thought they had one and didn't. It is a risk of working with a ghost, but I assure you it won't happen again like it did today. JCM and myself will ensure that we are fully prepared to handle any chaos that may be created by a ghost.... because they are still going to be active in this game.
I assure you I got more then one.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #753
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I assure you I got more then one.
I think I got one just didn't use it yet
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #754
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I think you guys don't know what the hell you are doing.

Last edited by ghwk; 06-21-2013 at 04:21 AM..
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #755
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I think you guys I don't know what the hell you are doing.
English mother ****er.... do you speak it
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #756
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
English mother ****er.... do you speak it
Apparently not so well after a Klingon 6 pack combined with an iPad which is only one step up from Conklins phone!

Last edited by ghwk; 06-21-2013 at 04:22 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #757
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Folks, sorry again for the confusion yesterday. Apa and I are taking steps to ensure that the Interlopers and game managers are all on the same page.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #758
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

NOTE ABOUT ROUND 4!!!

You will still be shooting at individual targets, but THE SHIP THAT TAKES THE MOST DAMAGE WILL HAVE A PLAYER ELIMINATED. The individual who has the most votes on that particular ship will be the player eliminated.

Also.

Phibacka is out there all by himself right now. If he chooses to, he can take his shuttlecraft and fly out of range of the battle. If he chooses to do so he will take no damage, but will also have no vote this round.

But if he wants to do things in a Klingon fashion, he can choose to ram one of the ships in play. If he does so, that ship will take FIVE total points of damage (His two votes and three votes worth of shuttle crash damage) and his shuttle will be destroyed. Will Phibacka die? No, not if another ship chooses to beam him aboard. If they do choose to beam him aboard, they will take THREE votes worth of damage to do so, but then they would have an extra voter on their ship going forward. Three out of Four members of that team would have to PM Apa and myself that they are beaming Phibacka up.

Phibacka also has to notify us what ship he is ramming.

Have fun!!
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #759
phibacka31
Ring of Famer

Leggo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Veryyyyy interesting...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #760
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
NOTE ABOUT ROUND 4!!!

You will still be shooting at individual targets, but THE SHIP THAT TAKES THE MOST DAMAGE WILL HAVE A PLAYER ELIMINATED. The individual who has the most votes on that particular ship will be the player eliminated.

Also.

Phibacka is out there all by himself right now. If he chooses to, he can take his shuttlecraft and fly out of range of the battle. If he chooses to do so he will take no damage, but will also have no vote this round.

But if he wants to do things in a Klingon fashion, he can choose to ram one of the ships in play. If he does so, that ship will take FIVE total points of damage (His two votes and three votes worth of shuttle crash damage) and his shuttle will be destroyed. Will Phibacka die? No, not if another ship chooses to beam him aboard. If they do choose to beam him aboard, they will take THREE votes worth of damage to do so, but then they would have an extra voter on their ship going forward. Three out of Four members of that team would have to PM Apa and myself that they are beaming Phibacka up.

Have fun!!
That seems like you guys may have to do a lot of math on this one.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #761
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
Veryyyyy interesting...
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #762
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I like how you gus made this game about space then toss out rules only people that work at NASA would be smart enough to understand. At least I'm tied for having the most votes this round.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #763
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I like how you gus made this game about space then toss out rules only people that work at NASA would be smart enough to understand. At least I'm tied for having the most votes this round.
Eh they always sound hard and then once a team works it the solution is pretty clear. There is an easy way, just don't use the twist.

Thanks for the feedback
Old 06-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #764
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Eh they always sound hard and then once a team works it the solution is pretty clear. There is an easy way, just don't use the twist.

Thanks for the feedback
Are we sending votes for people and a ship? Because I know people that already voted not knowing that. Also who decides who is voted off the ship that received the most votes?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #765
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Are we sending votes for people and a ship? Because I know people that already voted not knowing that. Also who decides who is voted off the ship that received the most votes?
You vote for people. Whatever ship they're on takes the damage.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #766
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Point of clarification as I can't edit JCM's post he asked me to update.

Phibacka has SIX points of damage to attack with.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #767
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
You vote for people. Whatever ship they're on takes the damage.
Get off me bro I didn't have my coffee yet . Plus reading is hard.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #768
Conklin
Ring of Famer

I'm glad I'm still not playing this game...drunk people and this many rules don't mix
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #769
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Questions from the viewing audience....

We understand that players target other players; not other ships per se. But ...

1. Do these rules apply to Phibacka as well? If he decides to go kamikaze, does he target a ship? Or a player on a ship?

2. Can players shoot other players on their own ship?

3. What happens in the case of a tie? In other words, let's say the crew on ship X takes the most overall damage, but the damage is distributed 6/6/2/0. Which of the first two "tied" crewmembers dies?

4. What happens if Phibacka crashes into a ship without getting beamed aboard another ship. We understand that he dies. And that he dies horribly. In a flaming bloody psychotic pyre of destruction. But would he count as the only casualty in the round? Or would you still calculate damage for the other players and eliminate one other player accordingly?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #770
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

We understand that players target other players; not other ships per se. But ...

1. Do these rules apply to Phibacka as well? If he decides to go kamikaze, does he target a ship? Or a player on a ship?

3. What happens in the case of a tie? In other words, let's say the crew on ship X takes the most overall damage, but the damage is distributed 6/6/2/0. Which of the first two "tied" crewmembers dies?

4. What happens if Phibacka crashes into a ship without getting beamed aboard another ship. We understand that he dies. And that he dies horribly. In a flaming bloody psychotic pyre of destruction. But would he count as the only casualty in the round? Or would you still calculate damage for the other players and eliminate one other player accordingly?
5. If Picard had to go into the Nexus in order to stop Soran, is he technically still in there, and everything we see concerning him afterwards still technically inside the reality of the energy ribbon? The reason I bring this up is because Guinan mentions that no one leaves there willingly, and that the survivors of the transport that she and Soran were on were forcibly ripped away when the Enterprise-B transported them out, while they were still in the process of being phased into the Nexus. With this in mind, is Picard still in the Nexus, but believes he is not? And if he is, what would he do should he come to the realization that he has been living nothing but a dream since he first went in? On top of this, where would the ribbon, on its original altered path, end up going to next?

Last edited by bowtown; 06-21-2013 at 09:03 AM..
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #771
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

19. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #772
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Two more questions from the audience (sorry).

1. Does Phibacka have to consent in order to be transporter-beamed aboard another ship?

2. If not, then what happens if two or more ships attempt to beam him the same round? Transporter malfunction? Evil duplicates? Instant death?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #773
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
That seems like you guys may have to do a lot of math on this one.
Dammit now I really have to work up an excel spreadsheet. Well done Mods, well done!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #774
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

Yes, he can distribute his damage to players one other ship

Nope

If a tie, previous damage (past votes) is first tie breaker. If still tied and immediate and PUBLIC revote between the two candidates occurs.

Yes he dies (price you pay for being so quiet, others are paying attention I hope). One other person will die too.
See the bolded....
Old 06-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #775
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
NOTE ABOUT ROUND 4!!!

Also.

Have fun!!
Sounds like Phibacka should get the **** out of the way and let the other space nerds battle it out. This must be Bronco Steven's dream of being so close to what Gene was talking about from Earth. Spooge must be all over his Gene poster.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 06-21-2013 at 09:59 AM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote