The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #101
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Honestly, I feel like its an indictment on Blake.
Without a doubt. Young guy, big guy with long arms, drafted relatively high, good college pedigree, had a redshirt year, the 1st team guy ahead of you is hurt and they immediately sign a veteran off of the street without even giving you a shot through training camp to grab the job. That, and the fact that you have Ramirez taking the snaps in Walton's absence up until this point.

Not good.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #102
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Without a doubt. Young guy, big guy with long arms, drafted relatively high, good college pedigree, had a redshirt year, the 1st team guy ahead of you is hurt and they immediately sign a veteran off of the street without even giving you a shot through training camp to grab the job. That, and the fact that you have Ramirez taking the snaps in Walton's absence up until this point.

Not good.
This is his SECOND year. You think Elway or Fox is going to let Manning train a center? Nope. Koppen will train him up - Walton was ahead of him in the lineup anyway and was drafted in the 3rd round not the fourth, 2 years prior. Unfortunately he appears to be injury-prone. Drafting Blake was for depth. He isn't going to start until he gets his feet under him, and that may NOT happen w/ Manning

If Osweiler was starting, we'd be sinking or swimming with Blake - not getting an experienced guy like Koppen.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #103
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I am honestly surprised people are sad about this as much hate as this guy gets.
he may be a piece of ****. but dammit he's our piece of ****!
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #104
Agamemnon

Quote:
It might be. It also might have a lot to do with them not wanting to roll the dice at Center in a year they are trying to win a title. Koppen did well for us last year, so the signing makes total sense. Then again Blake may just suck.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #105
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Manny getting time over him was pretty much the statement. Blake is also an old as hell 2nd year player at 28 this season. I wouldn't be shocked if he was one of our cuts. If Blake was in while Walton was out and Koppen was coming just to provide stability then I'd be less worried about Blake's future here.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #106
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Manny getting time over him was pretty much the statement. Blake is also an old as hell 2nd year player at 28 this season. I wouldn't be shocked if he was one of our cuts. If Blake was in while Walton was out and Koppen was coming just to provide stability then I'd be less worried about Blake's future here.
Yeah, I agree, Blake is on the bubble this year.