The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #576
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Considering Japan put console gaming on the worldwide map decades ago maybe it's time to stfu with this racist bull****

American stockholders of both companies lol at your ignorance
How is that racist?

That is an extremely common Japanese business model....not to create, but to improve, and they are quite successful at it.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #577
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
How is that racist?

That is an extremely common Japanese business model....not to create, but to improve, and they are quite successful at it.
That's worded a little better, I just assumed doggcow and heyneck have boiled everything down to

Playstation = japs
Xbox = 'murica

And the idea that the Japanese aren't innovative at all pretty much conflicts with the entire technological economy
Old 06-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #578
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
They've already done too much damage IMO. Unless they announce some amazing exclusives soon gamers who are still trying to decide between PS4 and XB1, I have to believe, are going to go with the cheaper, non-kinect strapped PS4.

They'll still get plenty of hardcore Xbox fans, but the unaffiliated section of gamers have little reason to buy their system and I'm sure this whole DRM thing has left a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Who's to say Microsoft won't simply try this again in a year or two through a software update? Are you really going to trust them after all this DRM, "Gamers will love this!", crap?

I'm done with Xbox.
Who's to say Sony won't either? Would you buy games directly from Sony instead of driving somewhere? I know I would prefer to play games off my hard disc and quit having to swap them in and out of my machine.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #579
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Who's to say Sony won't either? Would you buy games directly from Sony instead of driving somewhere? I know I would prefer to play games off my hard disc and quit having to swap them in and out of my machine.
Call me old school but I like having the a hard copy. Sure, installing it onto your hard drive is nice but what happens when you have issues with your console and need to send it in to get repaired?

It's kind of like mp3's versus having an actual CD. Sure it's nice to have everything digital but I like a hard copy just in case....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #580
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Oh yeah, I've got an Xbox 360 right now (2nd one as the first one crapped out- blinking red lights of death). Anyway, as soon as I heard the information about both consoles I knew immediately I would be converting to a PS4 when the time came.

Too little, too late Microsoft......
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #581
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
None of those features were ever confirmed by MS and they were still trying to hash out all the sharing details. For instance, two people playing the same single player game simultaneously on different systems probably wouldn't fly, and they weren't even able to fully explain how your "family share group" will be regulated or controlled. You also could not have two xbox live accounts signed in simultaneously on the same system. There was a lot of pie in the sky dreams behind their original rollout, but the fact they aren't even able to answer very basic questions about how their cloud sharing/service is gonna work keeps going back to the inept leadership running that show. No leadership, no vision.
Well I'm pretty sure that since it was officially rescinded, it was also confirmed at some point. We don't have every detail of either console at this point, so if you're trying to say that the plans weren't finalized. No ****.

With how far games have moved towards being multiplayer-centric, I'm pretty sure they would have allowed single player on 2 systems for a majority of games, but publishers could eliminate that if, for example, it was a single player only game. We will never know how or if it would have worked now.

Where did you hear that they wouldn't allow 2 accounts to be signed in simultaneously? Really, what difference does it make? Why would you need 2 accounts signed in simultaneously?
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #582
lolcopter

That last part is fairly inconsequential and I'm pretty sure PS4 will do the same. However, the point about sharing details not being completely hashed out before being eventually canned remains true

http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...t-some-details

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...game-policies/

http://m.oxm.co.uk/54608/xbox-one-pr...s-on-xbox-360/
Old 06-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #583
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
Call me old school but I like having the a hard copy. Sure, installing it onto your hard drive is nice but what happens when you have issues with your console and need to send it in to get repaired?

It's kind of like mp3's versus having an actual CD. Sure it's nice to have everything digital but I like a hard copy just in case....
Or you can use a cloud based media service and have the best of both worlds. You don't need to store a copy of every song you like because Amazon already has one. And if you need to download the actual file, you can whenever you need to.

This is where games will go as well. Disc distribution will go away. It's only a matter of when.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #584
lolcopter

Old 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #585
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
It all depends on what the terms of the agreement are when you sign into your XboxOne Xbox Live Account. Someone needs to read that carefully when it happens, because you could be agreeing to let them make these changes in the future.
Those terms of service agreements are not as binding as people think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bragg_v._Linden_Lab
Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #586
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post

You are entitled to the license and simply download it again.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #587
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
That and twitch built in, is freakin awesome.

"Entire console a failure" is pretty ridiculous people.
Yeah I think it will be cool. My point it is hard being the first guy up to bat when it comes to announcing a total shift. Sony was very wise by just watching the reaction and going in a different direction. Had they been the first to announce, Microsoft would have in turn modified their product to respond to issues with the PS4.

Also regarding the PS4, there is still no release date on this thing. When is it coming out? The "holiday season" could be 1/1/2014.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #588
lolcopter

Quote:
Sony was very wise by just watching the reaction and going in a different direction. Had they been the first to announce, Microsoft would have in turn modified their product to respond to issues with the PS4.
1) PS4 has no issues Microsoft can trump
2) while Sony did have a few direct jabs, they were set down their path well before any Xbox stuff leaked http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ing-something/
Old 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #589
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Yeah I think it will be cool. My point it is hard being the first guy up to bat when it comes to announcing a total shift. Sony was very wise by just watching the reaction and going in a different direction. Had they been the first to announce, Microsoft would have in turn modified their product to respond to issues with the PS4.

Also regarding the PS4, there is still no release date on this thing. When is it coming out? The "holiday season" could be 1/1/2014.

A rumor pegs it at Nov 13, 2013. IGN had an article about it from a picture taken in the European equivalent of Best Buy.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #590
Agamemnon

Quote:
I think it's rather obvious they are shooting for a U.S. release before Thanksgiving and most certainly before Christmas. That's always when new consoles are released.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #591
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
1) PS4 has no issues Microsoft can trump
2) while Sony did have a few direct jabs, they were set down their path well before any Xbox stuff leaked http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ing-something/
You gleaned their path after weeks if not months of uncertainty in the used game and retail box industry? Dude, they could have announced this along time ago. Heck, if they announce this just after Microsoft initially announced its plans, I would probably buy it.

I don't buy it for a second. Again, I give MS cred for at least attempting to do something different.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #592
lolcopter

so you didn't even read that link then, cool

cliffs: sony hinted at their current policy as early as february
Old 06-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #593
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #594
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

wrong thread
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #595
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
so you didn't even read that link then, cool

cliffs: sony hinted at their current policy as early as february
I did and missed it. You are right.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #596
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

RUMOR:

http://www.neowin.net/news/rumor-xbo...-to-60-minutes
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #597
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
In case you don't want to click on the link the title is "Rumor: Xbox One family sharing was limited to 60 minutes."

If that's the case it was just enough to get you hooked to go out and buy it. Nice gimmick, MS. (if true)
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #598
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
That scenario seems highly likely to me.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #599
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
In case you don't want to click on the link the title is "Rumor: Xbox One family sharing was limited to 60 minutes."

If that's the case it was just enough to get you hooked to go out and buy it. Nice gimmick, MS. (if true)
Thanks, was doing that on the fly last night from my phone haha.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #600
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
That scenario seems highly likely to me.
Me too. I find it VERY hard to believe that they were pushing so hard for DRM, but willing to allow you 10 free copies to share with your friends/family. This is a MUCH more plausible explanation as to how that program was going to work.