The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #51
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
Clady - Beadles - Kuper - Vasquez - Franklin

That's a lot of talent right there.
I just wonder if Kuper can master the position in time, and if he can stay healthy.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #52
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I just wonder if Kuper can master the position in time, and if he can stay healthy.
If an interior lineman can pull, he can play any of the interior spots.

This is going about snap chemistry between he and Manning and how highly the FO regards Ramirez at C.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #53
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
If an interior lineman can pull, he can play any of the interior spots.

This is going about snap chemistry between he and Manning and how highly the FO regards Ramirez at C.
I think there's less "pulling" for centers than the guards. IDK O-line is probably my weakest position in terms of football knowledge (I played DB/KR and some WR). But I think the fact that Tom Nalen brought up the possibility of Kuper moving to center means it's a possibility. I'd defer to Nalen's judgement on that one.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I think there's less "pulling" for centers than the guards. IDK O-line is probably my weakest position in terms of football knowledge (I played DB/KR and some WR). But I think the fact that Tom Nalen brought up to possibility of Kuper moving to center, means it's a possibility. I'd defer to Nalen's judgement on that one.
It's not about centers pulling, it's about having the ability and quickness to get to the second level. Good pulling has the same skillset dimension.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #55
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
It's not about centers pulling, it's about having the ability and quickness to get to the second level. Good pulling has the same skillset dimension.
From what I understand, the Center is more about vision than anything else, since they're usually supplemental blockers and used to pick up blitzes. That is, centers are often the least athletic, but most intelligent players on the line.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #56
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Also, I think Ramirez is more than capable of being a quality starter in the NFL. He struggled a bit last year, but I've seen flashed out of him.

I went to TC last year, and I noticed Ramirez was dominating.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Should have drafted Barrett Jones. Too bad for JD. He's cut when he gets healthy.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #58
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
Should have drafted Barrett Jones. Too bad for JD. He's cut when he gets healthy.
So we should have drafted a guy that will probably miss part of the year with a bad ankle to replace a guy that hurt his ankle again?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #59
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
Koppen came in and vastly exceeded what we saw from Walton early on. He's easily the weakest link on that o-line. Bring back Koppen or let's see what Blake can do.
Seriously? Are you going there again? Hmm, let's see. We'll break it down for you all just 1 last time. Let's see if it sinks in finally.

Walton was there at the beginning when everything was totally brand new. A new QB who wasn't sure how he was going to play. A totally new offensive system. All those new things you can't possibly expect they would have gelled in the first several games. Now throw in that it was Walton that played the teams that were the hardest on the Broncos schedule. Not taking anything away from Koppen but when he came in, the opposing teams were not as challenging and the offense had 4 games and 4 more weeks of additional practice in which to get cohesiveness.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #60
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
So we should have drafted a guy that will probably miss part of the year with a bad ankle to replace a guy that hurt his ankle again?
Good point. I wouldn't be surprised to see him gut it out to start the year though if needed. Walton didn't even make it to July.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #61
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Kuper shouldn't be going anywhere. He's good value, a team leader, knows the system and with the injuries, they're going to hope for his return.

That last thing you want during a SB run is a bunch of new pieces on the offensive line.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #62
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Seriously? Are you going there again? Hmm, let's see. We'll break it down for you all just 1 last time. Let's see if it sinks in finally.

Walton was there at the beginning when everything was totally brand new. A new QB who wasn't sure how he was going to play. A totally new offensive system. All those new things you can't possibly expect they would have gelled in the first several games. Now throw in that it was Walton that played the teams that were the hardest on the Broncos schedule. Not taking anything away from Koppen but when he came in, the opposing teams were not as challenging and the offense had 4 games and 4 more weeks of additional practice in which to get cohesiveness.
Sorry, Walton is just not very good. I'll never understand why some of you seem so dead set on defending a guy who has never shown anything special as a starter.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #63
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Manning could go talk Saturday out of retirement.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #64
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Manning could go talk Saturday out of retirement.
Anyone on our roster is better than Saturday right now. He's absolutely done. He decided he was done during last season - just chose to give up his spot and not compete. Scratch him off the list.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I am honestly surprised people are sad about this as much hate as this guy gets.
I know, right?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #66
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kuper shouldn't be going anywhere. He's good value, a team leader, knows the system and with the injuries, they're going to hope for his return.

That last thing you want during a SB run is a bunch of new pieces on the offensive line.
Agreed, I wouldn't mind seeing him at either C or RG, either way he will make our OL better.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #67
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This is a much bigger deal early in the season than it is in June. Plenty of time to get it worked out especially when the FO was able to provide a seamless transition in a worse situation last year.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #68
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

I for one do believe that Kuper can be our center. I do seem to recall that he was a backup long snapper on FG and punts, thus has some experience snapping, albeit on special teams...
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #69
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Kuper hasn't been a good value for 3 year. You have to play to be a good value.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #70
Bacchus

The best thing about this situation for the Broncos is this is a contract year for Walton. Maybe Denver can sign him to a long term REASONABLE contract in the offseason.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #71
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
The best thing about this situation for the Broncos is this is a contract year for Walton. Maybe Denver can sign him to a long term REASONABLE contract in the offseason.
He stunk anyways.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #72
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
He stunk anyways.
He played well in 2011. He is a better run blocker. I think he would be a fine center at the right price. Lock him up for 5 years and not worry about the position, unless of course he keeps getting injured.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #73
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
This is a much bigger deal early in the season than it is in June. Plenty of time to get it worked out especially when the FO was able to provide a seamless transition in a worse situation last year.
Exactly but an injured Chris Kuper is of no real use to them until he can see the field and learn the OC spot. They have to sign Koppen IMHO, it's the only feasible option at this point. If Kuper was fit and ready to practice that would be a different scenario.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #74
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Walton always seemed to get pushed back into the backfield IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #75
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Exactly but an injured Chris Kuper is of no real use to them until he can see the field and learn the OC spot. They have to sign Koppen IMHO, it's the only feasible option at this point. If Kuper was fit and ready to practice that would be a different scenario.
why? Center is the LEAST important position for Manning. He makes all the calls and shifts. You need someone that can snap well and keep from getting pushed at the LOS. The team has depth and there is no reason to not give them a chance. If that doesn't work, there are always going to be centers available.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote