The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #51
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
It's our turn, we were healthy last year so the injury bug will bite hard this year.
We had our share of injuries last year. Our starting center and our #1 and #2 running backs for instance.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #52
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Delete this post immediately.
I personally think people predicting it makes it less likely to happen.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
It is hard to predict what the Chiefs will do with completely new coaching. Alex Smith is an upgrade from Cassel, but he's not head and shoulders better. It will take a couple years for the Chiefs to pick up a few pieces and fully implement Reid's designs. I would say the best guess is that this year is a growing pains year and they're likely to get 6-8 wins, based on schedule.
I think Cassell is the better overall QB between him and Smith, Both have had turnover issues, though Cassell has had them recently whereas Smith had his early in his career.

Athletically it is a push

Cassell has the better arm, Smith the better accuracy but Smith had better WR's in San Fran, he is not going to have the same thing in kFc. Cassell was let down a lot by poor route running and WR's who could not catch. Cassell's fumbling issues are all on him though.

There was no way Cassell should have been benched for Quinn. kFc might have won 4 games and got 5 more guys in the Pro Bowl if they stuck with Cassell.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #54
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I personally think people predicting it makes it less likely to happen.

No No No That's the way it used to work but then people started doing it because it worked and that changed the mojo now it does come true. Did you not get the memo?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #55
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
I remember the Chiefs being a very sexy pick last preseason. A lot of talking heads picked them for reasons I cannot fathom. That said, I think Denver will have the division wrapped by week nine.
Well that's because there were alot of unknowns in Denver. Nobody knew what kinda of PM we would end up with.

You won't see anybody picking KC this year.

EDIT - whoa. Strike that. Apparently the morons at bleacher report are that stupid. They're picking KC as the favorite at 70%, lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-afc-west-now

Last edited by ZONA; 06-18-2013 at 06:17 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #56
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think Cassell is the better overall QB between him and Smith, Both have had turnover issues, though Cassell has had them recently whereas Smith had his early in his career.

Cassell has the better arm, Smith the better accuracy but Smith had better WR's in San Fran, he is not going to have the same thing in kFc. Cassell was let down a lot by poor route running and WR's who could not catch. Cassell's fumbling issues are all on him though.

There was no way Cassell should have been benched for Quinn. kFc might have won 4 games and got 5 more guys in the Pro Bowl if they stuck with Cassell.
Cassell might be the better QB using your variables but the last two years he has been a friggin turnover machine. One thing Smith does pretty well is take care of the ball.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #57
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
One thing Smith does pretty well is take care of the ball.
We shall see if that continues now that he is with a team that is going to need a lot more from its QB to win games.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #58
Bacchus

Quote:
We shall see if that continues now that he is with a team that is going to need a lot more from its QB to win games.
They have a talented defense an improving offensive line and maybe the best RB in the NFL. For most of their games I think they can play conservative and be in the game. Against Denver if they want to win they are going to have to open it up though.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #59
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Cassell might be the better QB using your variables but the last two years he has been a friggin turnover machine. One thing Smith does pretty well is take care of the ball.
He's called captain check-down for a reason...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #60
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

How about you take a look at Cassel and Smith the last 2 years and say that with a straight face.

Man you are one stupid uneducated football fan. Cassel threw the ball 10 feet over Bowe's head all the time. He was terrible at placing the ball anywhere on the field.
He even got McCluster hurt with his terrible passes.

Alex Smith is an average QB, but my God Cassel isn't even a top 32 QB in the league anymore. Hell I would take a few backups over him.

It's also hilarious that you rag on Bowe. Bowe has been a good WR every year with terrible QB's his entire career. I'd take him over Crabtree any day.

Last edited by KCStud; 06-18-2013 at 06:28 PM..
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #61
Agamemnon

Quote:
They have a talented defense an improving offensive line and maybe the best RB in the NFL. For most of their games I think they can play conservative and be in the game. Against Denver if they want to win they are going to have to open it up though.
The Chiefs defense gave up almost ten more points per game last year than the 49ers.

Just saying...
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #62
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The Chiefs defense gave up almost ten more points per game last year than the 49ers.

Just saying...
I'm sure the Chiefs turning the ball over and doing nothing on offense had nothing to do with that.

We were 12th in points given up in 2011.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #63
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.
You're assuming this is going to be the same team as last year.

If you haven't noticed, there's been a lot of change in San Diego.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If you have to argue who is the better QB for your team Matt Cassel or Alex Smith your team blows ass.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #65
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

How about you take a look at Cassel and Smith the last 2 years and say that with a straight face.

Man you are one stupid uneducated football fan. Cassel threw the ball 10 feet over Bowe's head all the time. He was terrible at placing the ball anywhere on the field.
He even got McCluster hurt with his terrible passes.

Alex Smith is an average QB, but my God Cassel isn't even a top 32 QB in the league anymore. Hell I would take a few backups over him.

It's also hilarious that you rag on Bowe. Bowe has been a good WR every year with terrible QB's his entire career. I'd take him over Crabtree any day.
IDK, I watched just about every kFc game and I saw a lot of gator arm action, bad routes, guys quitting on routes, WR's being destroyed on the LOS and no TE to throw to underneath.

Smith had above avg WR's and TE's who ran great routes and were not afraid to get hit.

Not saying I would want Cassell on my team but he was not the only one responsible for losing, it got much worse when Quinn went in.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #66
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Look at this article. Guy who wrote it is a clown. Says KC will win and his reason.................the Broncos are 1 neck injury from sucking, his exact words. Really? We're going that route again? He picked KC last year as well. What I find stupid is that his reason KC wins is based on "what if's". Well, what if Charles goes down? What if Alex Smith goes down? For that matter, what if anybody's #1 QB goes down. Don't you think that's going to hurt any team, sure it is.

I predict the Broncos will win the Superbowl. Not because we're a great team, but because what if every other team in the NFL lost several key players to injury this year. Yeah, that sounds right. I should write an article like that and send it to FootballNation and it probably could get published. Just like this POS article. Haha.

http://www.footballnation.com/conten...st-2013/21806/
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #67
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
IDK, I watched just about every kFc game and I saw a lot of gator arm action, bad routes, guys quitting on routes, WR's being destroyed on the LOS and no TE to throw to underneath.

Smith had above avg WR's and TE's who ran great routes and were not afraid to get hit.

Not saying I would want Cassell on my team but he was not the only one responsible for losing, it got much worse when Quinn went in.
Yeah no. Charles and Bowe are great weapons. Cassel just sucks ass and couldn't utilize them like he did before.

Bowe ran the same solid routes he did in 2010 when he got 15 TD's. The difference was Cassel making terrible decisions.

Cassel has been making these horrible decisions ever since the Ravens playoff game in 2010. Anyone who watches the Chiefs play could easily see that.

Last edited by KCStud; 06-18-2013 at 06:40 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #68
Bacchus

Quote:

Just saying...
The Chiefs' offense was one of the worst in the NFL and put a tremendous amount of pressure on the defense. If they can run a ball control offense their defense will play much better. Remember they held the Broncos to 17 points at Arrowhead.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #69
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

The Chiefs have some half-ass quick fix every offseason that fans get all pumped up about. Good to see the trend continue.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #70
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
The Chiefs have some half-ass quick fix every offseason that fans get all pumped up about. Good to see the trend continue.
This is so true.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #71
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Take their secondary for starters.. Nobody is afraid of Shaun Smith or Duanta Robinson. Both were on CB needy teams, and both teams let them walk and opted to draft two rookie CBs early!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #72
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

If you are a team in the AFC West not named Broncos than you better have some good corners.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #73
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Take their secondary for starters.. Nobody is afraid of Shaun Smith or Duanta Robinson. Both were on CB needy teams, and both teams let them walk and opted to draft two rookie CBs early!
I can't wait to see Robinson trying to cover Welker lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #74
FearLanier

Quote:
Chiefs have had a talented team capable of making a playoff run the last 3 years.
Coaching and QB play have ruined it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #75
Agamemnon

Quote:
This pretty much sums up my thinking. Every year they are supposed to be decent or even good, and most years they disappoint. I'll believe this team is significantly improved when I actually see it.