The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
My neighbor’s dog has grass killer in its urine
This is one time I side with you gun nuts. I'd love to shoot my neighbors' dogs for this very reason!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #27
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Read the article. The weeds are building up an immunity to it anyway. When it no longer works and you've created a super-weed, then what do you do? For all their brains, humans are the stupidest creatures imaginable. This thread simply proves the point. It is possible to work with nature to control weeds and pests, but our arrogance and greed won't allow us to do that.
We believe we can in perpituity use technolgy and engineering to get our way... for the most part, we can... but in the end, Mother Nature always wins.... I rue the day when we are set straight.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
As always, I point out serious flaws in your understanding of a topic, and you launch into ad hominem.

The study you cite is grossly flawed (as previously discussed), and contradicts all other studies (of which there have been dozens, including long terms studies and even multi-generational studies:

The only way to combat the abuses of corporations like Monsanto is with good, honest science not fabricated B.S.
Based on what? The opinions of toxicologists that New Scientist will not name?

I would not be surprised to learn that those toxicologists work for guess who -- Monsanto.

Where is your skepticism for Monsanto's research on this -- which found no ill effects?

The initial studies should have not have been done by Monsanto -- but by independent laboratories.

Even if the new results are in question, as William Engdahl points out, the precautionary principle ought to apply here. In other words, Monsanto's GMO corn seeds should be banned until a follow up study by an independent lab is completed.

But I guess the health of the people is not something that matters to you. Well, it matters to me.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #29
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Money buys everything today, politicians, judges, and yes, even scientists.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Attention Feydakin.

Of course there are certain scientists (usually with links to the agro-industry) who always seem to be strident in calling for peer-reviewed evidence when people are critical of the biotech sector, but then rubbish it and smear or intimidate the scientists involved when that occurs, as has been the case with Dr Arsad Pusztai in the UK or Professor Seralini in France. It is therefore quite revealing that most of the data pertaining to glyphosate safety came from industry studies, not from peer-reviewed science, and the original data are not available for independent scrutiny.

For the rest...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monsant...-water/5339244