The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.
Rivers was the best QB last year when playing the Broncos. He happily delivered us some stellar performances. His contributions really helped solidify a couple of key Broncos victories. Yay Phillip!
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #27
Bmore Manning

19-0
Old 06-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #28
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I still think the Chiefs are going to suck.
Why do you believe that?

How many wins do you predict?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
19-0
Few things scare me more with this team than the thought of them going undefeated in the regular season. Fortunately even if they are good enough to do it, I think Fox will sit people late and they will drop one or two games. If they go into the playoffs undefeated they are doomed...
Old 06-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #30
Agamemnon

Quote:
Why do you believe that?

I believe it because nothing they have done impresses me. I don't think Andy Reid is that great. I see Alex Smith as a game manager, but don't see the Chiefs as a team that is good enough to win with a game manager. I don't think Reid has the weapons to make his passing attack work, and I don't think he has the mentality to make proper use of KC's running backs. I also think KC has a mediocre defense full of underachievers.

I predict they go 4-12.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #31
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I think we will go 14 & 2 and sweep the division.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #32
FearLanier

Quote:
I believe it because nothing they have done impresses me. I don't think Andy Reid is that great. I see Alex Smith as a game manager, but don't see the Chiefs as a team that is good enough to win with a game manager. I don't think Reid has the weapons to make his passing attack work, and I don't think he has the mentality to make proper use of KC's running backs. I also think KC has a mediocre defense full of underachievers.

I predict they go 4-12.
Hmm I guess we'll see. I think we have some solid weapons in Bowe and Charles. And I actually think that Charles will be very successful in this offense. I've wanted us to implement him in the passing game far more than we have because he's so dangerous there. I think he's perfect for screens and passes in space.

I'm not really sure who you think underachieved on our defense last year that is starting this year, except Tyson Jackson? I would say it's hard to define Poe at this moment since he was a rookie last year. He did have some flashes last year though.

We play a lot of bad teams this year like the Jags (who will be without Blackmon when we play them), Bills, Browns, Titans, Raiders twice. I don't think the Chargers will be very good either.

We'll see I guess. I think KC will be around .500 this year.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #33
FearLanier

Also, I think the Broncos will win 12 or 13 games. These games will be really tough for you guys though.

@NYG
@NE
@HOU

also think the road games against the Colts and Cowboys will be close. They aren't better football teams, but you have a feeling one of them might be able to sneak a win out at home.

There's always one of those games for every team though.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
Agamemnon

Quote:
Hmm I guess we'll see. I think we have some solid weapons in Bowe and Charles. And I actually think that Charles will be very successful in this offense. I've wanted us to implement him in the passing game far more than we have because he's so dangerous there. I think he's perfect for screens and passes in space.

I'm not really sure who you think underachieved on our defense last year that is starting this year, except Tyson Jackson? I would say it's hard to define Poe at this moment since he was a rookie last year. He did have some flashes last year though.

We play a lot of bad teams this year like the Jags (who will be without Blackmon when we play them), Bills, Browns, Titans, Raiders twice. I don't think the Chargers will be very good either.

We'll see I guess. I think KC will be around .500 this year.
I agree that you have two good weapons for the passing attack in Bowe and Charles. The problem with your pass offense weapon-wise is that Alex Smith is your QB.

As far as underachievers on defense I'd say Eric Berry should also be included. He's really not that great, and like many of the pro bowlers your team had last year, he didn't deserve to go to Hawaii. Tamba Hali also underachieved. Seriously your whole defense just screams mediocre.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
I agree that you have two good weapons for the passing attack in Bowe and Charles. The problem with your pass offense weapon-wise is that Alex Smith is your QB.

As far as underachievers on defense I'd say Eric Berry should also be included. He's really not that great, and like many of the pro bowlers your team had last year, he didn't deserve to go to Hawaii. Tamba Hali also underachieved. Seriously your whole defense just screams mediocre.
This. I like Derrick Johnson and Brandon Flowers. The rest of the defense is meh.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #36
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Why do you believe that?

It is hard to predict what the Chiefs will do with completely new coaching. Alex Smith is an upgrade from Cassel, but he's not head and shoulders better. It will take a couple years for the Chiefs to pick up a few pieces and fully implement Reid's designs. I would say the best guess is that this year is a growing pains year and they're likely to get 6-8 wins, based on schedule.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #37
FearLanier

Quote:

Alex is really accurate in the short and intermediate areas, but he isn't going to go deep though.

I don't think it's really fair to scrutinize Tamba and Berry. Berry blew out his knee last year and had obvious trouble getting used to things again for the entire first half of the season.
Tamba did pretty well IMO considering the team didn't have a lead for most of the season. He never got to pin his ears back, which was a shame.
I'm anxious to see what he does this year in an attacking style defense.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #38
Agamemnon

Quote:
Alex is really accurate in the short and intermediate areas, but he isn't going to go deep though.

I don't think it's really fair to scrutinize Tamba and Berry. Berry blew out his knee last year and had obvious trouble getting used to things again for the entire first half of the season.
Tamba did pretty well IMO considering the team didn't have a lead for most of the season. He never got to pin his ears back, which was a shame.
I'm anxious to see what he does this year in an attacking style defense.
You're a fan, so of course you are optimistic, but I look at Alex Smith and think "this guys is screwed if he's asked to win a shootout" and then I look at your defense and think "this defense is not going to prevent shootouts unless they are facing terrible offenses". I'm just not seeing it. That said, now that I'm looking at it, the Chiefs do have an easy schedule. So I can see how they could possibly go 8-8, though even if they do they will be a bad 8-8 team.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #39
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think our record will be worse this year by 1-2 games.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #40
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.
Well, SD didn't add much (Woodhead, King Dunlap, Teo, Keenan Allen, Freeney, DJ Fluker, picked up a couple FA OG's I believe) but they were a 7-9 team last year so I don't expect much to change there. SD's #1 last year Melvin Ingram didn't do jackcrap so probably not gonna do jackcrap this year either.

Your KC team should be up into the 7 win range, but still have to compete with a similar team in SD for 2nd place.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Also, I think the Broncos will win 12 or 13 games. These games will be really tough for you guys though.

@NYG
@NE
@HOU

also think the road games against the Colts and Cowboys will be close. They aren't better football teams, but you have a feeling one of them might be able to sneak a win out at home.

There's always one of those games for every team though.
You can add @ Indi to that list and even Wash @ Denver.

Indi will be a hornets nest.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #42
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
I think our record will be worse this year by 1-2 games.
I don't get why people are saying that. Our roster improved pretty much across the board, and Manning is supposedly feeling much better now. Barring injuries, I don't see how our record gets worse this year.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #43
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

Indianapolis does not have the talent to hang with us. The only way we lose that game is if we beat ourselves. I'd say the same thing about every one of the games on that list to be honest. We are better than all of them, and only lose if we beat ourselves.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #44
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:

Nah. Manning will get a standing ovation upon entering; he was released from the Colts on good terms and that city loves him. His last bout in Lucas Oil Stadium will be a victory, and the Indy fans will just go "Well... it's Manning."
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I don't get why people are saying that. Our roster improved pretty much across the board, and Manning is supposedly feeling much better now. Barring injuries, I don't see how our record gets worse this year.
It's our turn, we were healthy last year so the injury bug will bite hard this year.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #46
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:

Peyton is not going to lose in the house he built
He has forgotten more about Lucas Oil stadium than Luck knows
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #47
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
It's our turn, we were healthy last year so the injury bug will bite hard this year.

Delete this post immediately.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #48
Tim

Kc sucks , Oakland is rebuilding with an experiment qb, and San Diego could win 10 games if Philip didn't peak in 09'.

The afc west is as wide open as the afc east, if Tom or Peyton are healthy then everyone knows who wins.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #49
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

kFc will improve, maybe 6-8 wins if they are lucky and get some breaks.

Rivers is a better QB than Smith when he has a WR who can catch. He is not afraid to sling the ball downfield. kFc will do a lot of dink and dunking. It will be interesting to see if Reid runs the ball more now that he has Charles. The knock on Reid is he hated to run the ball, that is kFc's only strength.

The only way we lose the division is if PM goes down, knock on wood.

Raiders do not have a starting QB on their roster, they may develop one down the road but as of week 1 Flynn doesn't have enough experience to elevate a bad team with no playmakers. Allen is going to regret his decision to leave Denver.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #50
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Are the Chiefs and Raiders "sexy" picks again this year?
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote