The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default Will the AFC West be a tight race?

Burger Bill wants to know.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-division-race
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I think a better question would be...will the broncos have more wins than the chiefs, raiders, and chargers will combined?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
Drunken.Broncoholic

Was it supposed to be last season?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Will Burger Bill do any real work?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
Johnykbr

It is funny that on the map, California has conceded the title to the Broncos but Nebraska and Missouri are still holding onto hope.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i don't think it will be tight, but i think the 2nd place team in the division will surprise. I think Oakland is on the upswing and San Diego is going to be a bottom feeder.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i don't think it will be tight, but i think the 2nd place team in the division will surprise. I think Oakland is on the upswing and San Diego is going to be a bottom feeder.

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

I think Denver would win the division with, God forbid, Osweiler at QB.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I honestly believe the Broncos will have a just slightly worse record than 2012, probably 12-4, and I don't think we will sweep the division this time.

A loss at Kansas City is possible in my thinking, otherwise (barring an injury plague), it's hard to imagine Oakland or San Diego winning either game against the Broncos.

I could see the Broncos with the #2 seed, but still advancing to the championship, but a tight AFC West race? No.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran

I'm not sure I buy the Chiefs being the second best team in the division, much less going from 2-14 (in 2012) to beating the AFC's most talented team that went 13-3 last year (the Broncos). I don't think it's hard to predict that we cock slap our way to the playoffs before we meet much of a real challenge (minus NWE, HOU, and possibly NYG). Chiefs? Ha.

It seems the "in" thing this offseason is the idea that the Chiefs underachieved and the Seahawks overachieved. I believe fans of both teams will be disappointed with their 2013 season.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
"The Broncos will almost certainly win the AFC West, but they also very well could not. I would not count on KC, San Diego or Oakland improving that much in one season, but I could also see it as well. The Broncos may win 13 games again. They may win fewer. Or more. Any of those outcomes seems possible. The Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders also have the potential to win more or less games than they did last season, by my estimation. One of those four teams will win the AFC West. The real question is, which one?"

There, I wrote Bill's next blog post for him. He can PM me for the address to send the check to.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

To quote John Elway the last time he was asked a very stupid question -

"Ah, no....."
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Division wrapped up by early December, 1st or 2nd week.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
"The Broncos will almost certainly win the AFC West, but they also very well could not. I would not count on KC, San Diego or Oakland improving that much in one season, but I could also see it as well. The Broncos may win 13 games again. They may win fewer. Or more. Any of those outcomes seems possible. The Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders also have the potential to win more or less games than they did last season, by my estimation. One of those four teams will win the AFC West. The real question is, which one?"

There, I wrote Bill's next blog post for him. He can PM me for the address to send the check to.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
DenverDynamite

I remember the Chiefs being a very sexy pick last preseason. A lot of talking heads picked them for reasons I cannot fathom. That said, I think Denver will have the division wrapped by week nine.

Last edited by DenverDynamite; 06-18-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I believe KC will improve a lot, enough to challenge SD for 2nd place. Oakland takes 4th.

SD probably same as last year, 8 maybe 9 wins. They made some changes, but I think mostly it was just change not improvement.

So no, it won't be a tight race (except for 2nd place).
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

We might not sweep the division, just because we play in Oakland the final week - and Oz will probably start that game.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #18
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

awesome
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
I remember the Chiefs being a very sexy pic last preseason. A lot of talking heads picked them for reasons I cannot fathom. That said, I think Denver will have the division wrapped by week nine.
Nit-picking, but definitely won't have it mathematically wrapped up. SD won't be a pushover, neither will KC I'm thinking. I can see both in the 7-9 win range. Nine wins may be a bit high.

SD may not have the horsepower to be in the playoffs but I expect they'll be in the hunt (for a wildcard). McCoy and Whisenhunt running the offense, those guys are pretty well respected. The DC is the same so they have continuity there.

KC is much better roster-wise than their record last year, and Andy Reid is no slouch. Again they may not make the playoffs, but I expect they'll be in the hunt (for a wildcard).
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Does eating count?
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
Agamemnon

38% of the voters in that poll don't believe the Broncos are the clear favorite. Oh the retardation...
Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Its why the games are played. Who knows. Id like to believe Denver is leading going into the first corner though
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #23
FearLanier

I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I very much believe that the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers will have more wins this years. The Raiders and the Chiefs are both on the upswing although I think it will take the Raiders several years of careful planning before they can legitimately consider themselves to be division contenders.

I think the Chargers are on the way down, but also that they're better than they showed last year.

We'll win the division, but it won't be as easy as last year and I don't think that sweeping the division is a foregone conclusion. I certainly don't think we'll have it wrapped up in the first week of December.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think there will be any question that the Chiefs will be better than the Raiders and Chargers.

The Raiders are in full rebuild mode and the Chargers have major holes in a ton of places. They can't protect the QB or get pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Rivers is a below average QB when the pressure is on and the only weapon of theirs that concerns me is Gates.
I still think the Chiefs are going to suck.