The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
SlyEli

Default No Fairy-Tale Endings: Montee Ball's Senior Year

Here's a great article I dug up recently about Montee Ball, some of you may not have seen it. Really does a good job the hard work and adversity he faced over his college career.

Quote:
Here it comes, Ball remembers thinking on the flight home. Here comes the heat from the critics. The year before, he'd been the best player on one of the best offenses in the country. But while the rest of the Badgers' stars went to the NFL, Ball stayed behind. Here comes everybody saying, "He should have left."

Some had already been saying it. Conventional wisdom suggests running backs should get to the NFL as soon as possible. Better to start earning money now, before the hits add up and your legs slow down. And for Ball, life had spiraled downward shortly after he announced his plan to stay in Madison. He'd been photographed in handcuffs in the spring, beaten and left unconscious in the summer, and now stymied and embarrassed in the fall.

I could be sitting back, with money in the bank, playing on a huge stage, he thought. But I'm not. He insists his thoughts never developed into full-blown regret, but still: "At that point, even I'm thinking, Did I make the right decision?"
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...n-saved-career
Sponsored Links