The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default 50% of Americans say Obama not trustworthy

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/17/poll-...lance-scandal/

It's catching up to Obama. He's more ****ed then Monica Lewinski in a humidor.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The polling shows a marked drop in support from people under the age of 30, black Americans, and independents, whose support for the president fell by 10 points, CNN reported.

Even black people? Holy cow! Obama better call up Jay Z and Beyonce to throw a concert and tell everyone how fly he is.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

I'm shocked too.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah we know your dealio. Unless the person has an R after their name you don't care if they lie.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

This lack of confidence will make it very challenging for candidate Obama to pull off a strong reelection campaign in 2016.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
This lack of confidence will make it very challenging for candidate Obama to pull off a strong reelection campaign in 2016.
bwhhaa
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I thought Monica Lewinsky was a humidor?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 06-17-2013 at 07:42 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

it does make it tougher for Dems to parade Obama around in 2014 to help with Senate elections. Also it hurts fundraising.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
El Minion
Ring of Famer

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yeah we know your dealio. Unless the person has an R after their name you don't care if they lie.
Hardly. I have worked on two campaigns in my life. Neither were Democrats. I have also voted for R's by a 2:1 ratio. I did vote for Obama twice and have been quite underwhelmed.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Isn't Da Nile beautiful?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NileRiver-hero-686x262_tcm48-12736.jpg (151.4 KB, 46 views)
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hardly. I have worked on two campaigns in my life. Neither were Democrats. I have also voted for R's by a 2:1 ratio. I did vote for Obama twice and have been quite underwhelmed.
Obama is horrible. His plan for Syria is underwhelming and does not fill me with confidence. How about you? What are we supposed to do elect Hilliary to fix it all, how about Rand Paul? holy ****ing cow we are ****ed.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #14
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Give it a little time and all the righties who are currently saying they didn't vote for him will say they did. They were for him before they were against him. Or something.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Obama is horrible. His plan for Syria is underwhelming and does not fill me with confidence. How about you? What are we supposed to do elect Hilliary to fix it all, how about Rand Paul? holy ****ing cow we are ****ed.
Obama's foreign policy initiatives have been terrible off the rip. My POLS thesis was entitled: "AfPak: Obama's Graveyard"

I would prefer that we stop engaging and meddling in other affairs where our presence isn't necessary. The GWOT is a myth. It is glorified ghost chasing. It is a waste of time and resources. Ideas cannot be killed. We have six to seven decades of pissing down our legs without and positive results on that end. We need to focus our efforts at home.

I am not interested in either Clinton or Paul. I have a short list of about five candidates I would deem worthy POTUS and it is likely that none of them will even have a chance of getting out of the early rounds of the primaries and caucuses.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #16
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Christie is emerging as a front runner who appeals to centrists, much more than any candidate out there right now.

Time will tell if the GOP will support him.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #17
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Christie is emerging as a front runner who appeals to centrists, much more than any candidate out there right now.

Time will tell if the GOP will support him.
Impossible - when given free range the Republican base prefers Michelle Bachmann or Rick Santorum
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Impossible - when given free range the Republican base prefers Michelle Bachmann or Rick Santorum
And there's the kicker.

Idiots like cut can complain about liberals all they want. Unless and until the GOP gets its head out of its ass, or its supplicants decide they will be better for forming their own party, the GOP will continue to stale on the national stage.

I would love to see Christie make it past the primary. I would love to see the debate where he eschews partisanship in favor of common sense. Unfortunately, the GOP cannot or will not run a candidate who doesn't tack WAY back to the right for the primary. If you don't believe it, you have to look no further than the last two elections (although W did it as well). McCain and Romney were both "relatively" moderate prior to the primaries, and then had a lot of what they said during the primaries come back and bite them in the ass.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

meanwhile on the republican side

Fox News Poll conducted by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). June 9-11, 2013. N=1,019 registered voters nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.
2010 & earlier: Conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corp. LV = likely voters. Except where noted, results below are among registered voters.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing?"

Approve Disapprove Unsure

% % %
6/9-11/13 23 67 10
3/17-19/13 23 69 8
10/23-25/11 22 69 9
4/3-5/11 35 58 7

5/4-5/10 31 57 12
10/27-28/09 29 59 12
4/22-23/09 36 52 12
2/17-18/09 34 56 10
6/26-27/07 30 56 14
10/24-25/06 LV
34 55 11
9/26-27/06 LV
34 55 11
5/2-3/06 35 53 12
4/4-5/06 29 53 18
2/28 - 3/1/06 34 53 13
1/10-11/06 37 49 14
11/8-9/05
34 50 16

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_rep.htm
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And there's the kicker.

Idiots like cut can complain about liberals all they want. Unless and until the GOP gets its head out of its ass, or its supplicants decide they will be better for forming their own party, the GOP will continue to stale on the national stage.

I would love to see Christie make it past the primary. I would love to see the debate where he eschews partisanship in favor of common sense. Unfortunately, the GOP cannot or will not run a candidate who doesn't tack WAY back to the right for the primary. If you don't believe it, you have to look no further than the last two elections (although W did it as well). McCain and Romney were both "relatively" moderate prior to the primaries, and then had a lot of what they said during the primaries come back and bite them in the ass.
And by "bite them in the ass" you mean "allowed them to win the primary"

It's a Presidential Election tradition for Democrats to lament the lack of a moderate Republican candidate, only for them to reliably turn on that very same candidate just in time to vote for the team they were always going to vote for all along.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So you are all saying John McCain is a radical conservative. Romney a radical conservaive huh? I just don't see it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This one is all on dems. Obama is a nightmare and you all know it. This has to be one of the biggest letdowns for progressives since Kennedy was shot.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And by "bite them in the ass" you mean "allowed them to win the primary"

It's a Presidential Election tradition for Democrats to lament the lack of a moderate Republican candidate, only for them to reliably turn on that very same candidate just in time to vote for the team they were always going to vote for all along.
How short sighted. Of course it allowed them to win the primary. That's my point. They turned radical to win the primary, and during the general, all democrats really had to do was roll out a list of the radical ideas the guy said he was going to support in the primary.

It's also a presidential election tradition for republicans to espouse radical ideals, encourage normally sane people to agree with them just to make it out of the primary, and then wonder why their candidate can't muster 50% of the popular vote, all while lamenting the loss of "traditional conservative values" as the true reason for their loss.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It's also a presidential election tradition for republicans to espouse radical ideals, encourage normally sane people to agree with them just to make it out of the primary, and then wonder why their candidate can't muster 50% of the popular vote, all while lamenting the loss of "traditional conservative values" as the true reason for their loss.
FIFY
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
This one is all on dems. Obama is a nightmare and you all know it. This has to be one of the biggest letdowns for progressives since Kennedy was shot.
Obama has never even been close to being a progressive. He puts on the mantle of TR when he gives a speech in Kansas and then takes it off when he gets back to Washington. He is another in a long line of soulless pragmatists, like Kerry, like both Clintons. Where TR called health care a "human right" Obama is willing to accept the Heritage Foundation's public option which benefits corporations more than people. Obama is "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing" to borrow from Macbeth. Washington is full of such democrats, who sing the song of progressive-ism publicly while secretly harboring the belief that reform is already dead. The rhetoric is required to keep the job. Washington is full of such soulless false merchants and bureaucrats.

But the Right? Oh, there you will find the true believers. The true radical revolutionaries. The real idealists. Too bad their ideals are grinding the American people back into Robber Baron paste.

Like Yeats wrote,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Here. Listen to somebody who knows something, rather than Fox News for a change: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/303534-1
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote