The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #276
Johnykbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is hard for me to believe. Last year they were talking about im playing in the AFC Championship game and McGahee was begging coaches to let him play against Baltimore.
The fact that he was begging and they still wouldn't play him in a playoff game says to me that he really was not ready.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #277
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
The fact that he was begging and they still wouldn't play him in a playoff game says to me that he really was not ready.
Yes but that was 6 months ago. If he was that close to starting then you think he would be ready now. Remember Denver never did put him on IR so they could play him in the AFC Championship game.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #278
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

12 pages? I guess he was a starter, but a 33+ Rb who fumbled a lot and had multiple knee surgeries getting released shouldn't be shocking or controversial.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #279
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
12 pages? I guess he was a starter, but a 33+ Rb who fumbled a lot and had multiple knee surgeries getting released shouldn't be shocking or controversial.
I agree, I haven't been online a lot the last 4 days and wondered why this was a Tebow length thread.

I hope they saw enough of Moneyball to make both Willis and KM expendable.

If Hillman really added 15lbs of muscle/weight without destroying his speed and quickness I really think he is going to tear it up this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #280
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah well we have a Survivor thread, A Europe travel Thread, A Nuggets thread, a Rockies thread, a golf Thread, a NBA thread, a hockey thread, a dream thread, an Xbox thread, A super man thread, a direct tv thread, a JJ Abrams thread, A putin thread, a fathers day thread and a Tebow thread.

wow, maybe some people would like to talk broncos.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #281
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Nah.....I'd get on him for not doing enough to help Jay.
You should be more concerned about Jay not doing enough to help Jay.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #282
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You should be more concerned about Jay not doing enough to help Jay.....
Jays doing more than enough. I'm surprised he hasn't thrown out his back carrying that team. They finally got some linemen, although most are rookies. I don't care for Trestman cause he said some really stupid stuff about philosophy of play calling back when he was an OC. Hopefully Jay will overcome him.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #283
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Pretty good article on how the Broncos cut the wrong RB.

http://milehighsports.com/2013/06/14...-running-back/

Love how he points out how Moreno as a rookie fumbled 4 times but doesn't mention McGahee fumbled 5 times last season....nor does he mention that Moreno had 20+ carries in his 5 of his 6 starts after he took over for the injured McGahee, rushed for 100+ yards in two of them and scored 3 TD's...and best stat of all, he didn't have but one fumble all season....in week 2.

the Broncos went "youth movement" at the RB position...Moreno is the old vet entering his 4th season. With Montee, Hillman, and Moreno as the front runners we'll be quite alright at RB.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #284
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Does anyone have a list of RBs that have had stem cell surgery on their knees before?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #285
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I've heard this take a couple times now and it's beyond stupid. Mcgahee could have begged all he wanted he was not allowed to be able to play until the AFC Championship per the NFL rules.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #286
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I've heard this take a couple times now and it's beyond stupid. Mcgahee could have begged all he wanted he was not allowed to be able to play until the AFC Championship per the NFL rules.
and your point is what? How does this relate to the discussion of him still being injured now.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #287
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Jays doing more than enough. I'm surprised he hasn't thrown out his back carrying that team. They finally got some linemen, although most are rookies. I don't care for Trestman cause he said some really stupid stuff about philosophy of play calling back when he was an OC. Hopefully Jay will overcome him.
And hopefully the coach will overcome Jay. The Coach Killer could be a meme/movie trailer for some crafty computer geek.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #288
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
and your point is what? How does this relate to the discussion of him still being injured now.
Why jump on Shaaf? He is answering DBroncos4Life's post. Maybe you should be jumping on DBroncos4Life's post. Follow along...
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #289
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Does anyone have a list of RBs that have had stem cell surgery on their knees before?
Obviously the Broncos had concerns about Moreno's health as well as McGahee's, (which is why they drafted Hillman and Ball) but when they weighed the pros and cons of age, potential, coming off injury and most recent performances they made the right choice in cutting McGahee and keeping Moreno.

McGahee is on the wrong side of 30 and as an older player might not be 100% coming off his most recent injury and had fumbling issues...

Moreno is on the right side of 30, has evidently overcome his rookie fumbling issues, and is young enough to overcome his recent injury.

People need to look at the team logically and not emotionally.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #290
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Obviously the Broncos had concerns about Moreno's health as well as McGahee's, (which is why they drafted Hillman and Ball) but when they weighed the pros and cons of age, potential, coming off injury and most recent performances they made the right choice in cutting McGahee and keeping Moreno.

McGahee is on the wrong side of 30 and as an older player might not be 100% coming off his most recent injury and had fumbling issues...

Moreno is on the right side of 30, has evidently overcome his rookie fumbling issues, and is young enough to overcome his recent injury.

People need to look at the team logically and not emotionally.
So no you don't have a answer to my question. Thanks for that other dribble though.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #291
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

A quick google search says Moreno might be the only RB that has had this done recently anyways. Also the recovery times for this type of surgery doesn't sound promising from Moreno either.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #292
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Love how he points out how Moreno as a rookie fumbled 4 times but doesn't mention McGahee fumbled 5 times last season.....
I didn't read the article, but this is a good point. One guy fumbled the ball 4 times his rookie year 3+ years ago and the other guy led the league in fumbles by a RB when he was injured last season. Which is more pertinent to the current discussion? The one that went unmentioned in the article...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #293
swaiy

Am I the only one that thinks "moneyball" is a terrible ****ing nickname?

It sounds forced.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #294
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Jays doing more than enough. I'm surprised he hasn't thrown out his back carrying that team.

I'm sorry, but that was just too freaking funny.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #295
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I agree, I haven't been online a lot the last 4 days and wondered why this was a Tebow length thread.

I hope they saw enough of Moneyball to make both Willis and KM expendable.

If Hillman really added 15lbs of muscle/weight without destroying his speed and quickness I really think he is going to tear it up this year.
Well, I don't know about Hillman. He supposedly started out last year at 195 lbs also, ended up at 170 lbs. And didn't look all that quick, fast, strong, nor elusive the entire year. We'll see I guess . . . .
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #296
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A quick google search says Moreno might be the only RB that has had this done recently anyways. Also the recovery times for this type of surgery doesn't sound promising from Moreno either.
so you have no clue, correct?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #297
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
You are mixing the procedures. He had a scope AND he had a stem cell injection. The procedure is no more invasive than the typical off season knee scope.

As for recovery time....he was a full participant in the resent OTA's wasn't he?
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #298
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So no you don't have a answer to my question. Thanks for that other dribble though.
I have no clue as to what other RB's have had stem cell surgery and quite frankly don't care. what I do know is Moreno has been evaluated by the Broncos medical staff and they think he'll be good to go.

Today's modern science and medicine have made great strides in recovery therapy and techniques...not to mention you can't put an NFL athlete in the same kind of category as a typical average Joe having the same surgery.

an average Joe who isn't in great shape might struggle to overcome such adversity, or at least take much longer than an exceptional athlete like Moreno, wouldn't you agree?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #299
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
so you have no clue, correct?
So was it me asking this that gave it it away Sherlock?

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #300
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
You are mixing the procedures. He had a scope AND he had a stem cell injection. The procedure is no more invasive than the typical off season knee scope.

As for recovery time....he was a full participant in the resent OTA's wasn't he?
No he still hasn't been cleared.

Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno suffered a knee injury in Denverís playoff loss to Baltimore, and four and a half months later he still canít participate in Organized Team Activities.

The Denver Post reports that Moreno had a stem-cell procedure on his knee and has been sidelined for OTAs. Thereís no word on when heíll be back to full speed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ill-a-problem/