The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #51
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Good takes all around.

/sarcasm
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #52
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
So Tiger is MJ and Phil is LeBron...
More like Bill Russell & Wilt Chamberland

(LaBron is a ?)
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #53
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It's a subtle thing. It's akin to when we refer to as "It"

Elway has it, Manning may not.

Tiger has it, Phil may not .

It's when the game is on the line and the pressure the greatest the guys with "It" reach inward for another level of presence and find the zone.
Phil has already won 4 majors though
So it isnt really a question of if he can handle the pressure of the big tournaments

Tiger doesnt have "it" anymore though
He wishes he was as good as Mickelson
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #54
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

It's not even about who's better.

Tim Tebow has "It" is spades yet he may never be a starting qb in the NFL again but he damn sure has "It"
Old 06-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #55
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
It's not even about who's better.

Tim Tebow has "It" is spades yet he may never be a starting qb in the NFL again but he damn sure has "It"
I guess "it" isnt very important then
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #56
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
I guess "it" isnt very important then

Sure it is. Tebow just doesn't have the skill set to go with his "It"

Mad Skill & "It" give you once in a century players like Michael Jordan
Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #57
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I was rooting for Mickelson to win it today.

He had his chances and faltered down the stretch.

The worst I've felt for a player was Tom Watson in the 2009 British Open when he missed an 8 foot putt on the 18th hole that would have given him the win at 59 years of age.

Stewart Cink then smoked him in a 4 hole playoff.

I knew Watson had spent his load after he missed that 8 foot putt.

I wanted to see him win another major badly.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Phil is a straight up nasty player. One-of-a-kind that can hit shots 90 percent of pros have no chance of hitting. All that needs to be said.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #59
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

It's when the game is on the line and the pressure the greatest the guys with "It" reach inward for another level of presence and find the zone.
Elway lost 3 Superbowls so why can't Phil come in 2nd sometimes at a major? I mean, the dude is (as somebody already pointed out) in the top 10 all time in PGA tour wins. Only a handful of the greatest players in the world have more majors then him. Sure, he's not as clutch as Tiger but he's more clutch then about 99% of the other players who've played on the tour.

Jack Niclaus came in 2nd place 19 time in majors. Are you gonna start to bash on that guy that he might not be so clutch because he came in 2nd place more times then he came in 1st place.

I think it's a stupid argument you're trying to make here. Phil has pretty much cemented his place in the HOF. If he adds 1 or 2 more majors then that's going to help him move up the greats list a bit but he's already got more tour wins then alot of the greats (such as Tom Watson, etc).
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #60
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Comparing him to Tiger is stupid, he along with Nicklaus and Jones are on a whole different level to everyone else.

I'd say Phil is this generations Seve. Wonderful to watch, crowds love him, can play shots other players can't even conceive but will inevitably find a way to throw away a few silly shots every week which is why they have 9 majors combined instead of close to 20.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #61
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It is going to be a good test since nobody has played it before under these conditions Too bad I'm not going to see much since I'm taking a week long vacation. I already stated my picks but since this is the official thread I'll put them up again. Tiger wins easily is my prediction. My two other guys are GMAC and Tim Clark.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with all this rain Rory's 72 hole score is going down. This rain can make it goofy enough that they field will have to play a couple holes on a different course due alto some washing out. I don't know if enough rain has fallen for that yet. Adam Scott said in his interview that scores are going to be low and course ripe for birdies.
Well your man Tiger didn't destroy this course after all. Nobody did. Just Rose won.........but did he? I say Merion was the winner.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #62
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Elway lost 3 Superbowls so why can't Phil come in 2nd sometimes at a major? I mean, the dude is (as somebody already pointed out) in the top 10 all time in PGA tour wins. Only a handful of the greatest players in the world have more majors then him. Sure, he's not as clutch as Tiger but he's more clutch then about 99% of the other players who've played on the tour.

Jack Niclaus came in 2nd place 19 time in majors. Are you gonna start to bash on that guy that he might not be so clutch because he came in 2nd place more times then he came in 1st place.

I think it's a stupid argument you're trying to make here. Phil has pretty much cemented his place in the HOF. If he adds 1 or 2 more majors then that's going to help him move up the greats list a bit but he's already got more tour wins then alot of the greats (such as Tom Watson, etc).
I'm not dissn Phil's record nor the fact he is a top player. He just doesn't have "It"
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

What a great tourney. Really happy for Justin Rose and really disappointed for Phil.

Pinehurst next year and Chambers Bay the following year in Washington will be great tests as well. Congrats to everyone who played this weekend.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #64
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Just Rose won.........but did he? I say Merion was the winner.
I gotta agree with that. The course won this weekend. Just setup brutal on an already tough course.

This years was only about 200 yards less than last year with a ridiculious 149 slope rating. That doesn't even factor in all the blind shots, brutal rough, close OBs, and narrow fairways. Today's pro golfer just doesn't have the ball moving ability the old guys had, IMO. Some do, but most don't. The ball and equipment are just different.

Many, many people said the pro's would destroy this course. They weren't in the tourney though.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #65
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

usga got their victory for sure.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #66
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Good takes all around.

/sarcasm
Well I was wrong but I was also man enough to make predictions BEFORE day 1. I only saw part of the first round and part on saturday as I have been in Cabo for a week. Tiger definately isn't the same player he once was.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #67
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well I was wrong but I was also man enough to make predictions BEFORE day 1. I only saw part of the first round and part on saturday as I have been in Cabo for a week. Tiger definately isn't the same player he once was.
There was something going on with his left hand or wrist. No one ever really said what the issue was. He also missed more putts than I've ever seen him miss.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #68
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
There was something going on with his left hand or wrist. No one ever really said what the issue was. He also missed more putts than I've ever seen him miss.
Well I was excited to watch the final round. There were 20 of us that were going to watch the back nine on the same channel where we watched day 3. We showed up and they couldn't find it anywhere. It seems like the channels change in mexico frequently. We had to watch the bottomline on ESPN deportes.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #69
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
It was his left elbow. He injured it at the Players.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #70
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

tiger is not the same on the greens, this his downfall right now. (as with most players)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote