The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I don't understand why it's considered hype to report that he's looked like the best TE in practices and that he has a higher ceiling than the other TEs on the roster.
Exactly. All we know is both Thomas & Ball looked real good in OTAs yet one is readily accepted and the other is called hype.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

10 plus TDs for Thomas. BOOK MARK IT.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #28
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

He's got the athletic ability and the potential made more intriguing by lack of previous experience...the same thing that make shim interesting makes him a target for ridicule, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #29
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Exactly. All we know is both Thomas & Ball looked real good in OTAs yet one is readily accepted and the other is called hype.
Because one of them didnt swing and miss 2 straight years. Pretty simple. Easier to accept a rookie than a 3rd year player who hasn't had any impact yet.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Because one of them didnt swing and miss 2 straight years. Pretty simple.
He was ****ing hurt, my god. Can he have a healthy season before we call him ****?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

By the way, have their been fluff pieces about how good ball has looked? I can't recall seeing any. Saw them for hillman
Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He was ****ing hurt, my god. Can he have a healthy season before we call him ****?
Where did I say he's ****? Simply stating a rookie or 3rd year player who hasn't put it together yet. Which one would people more accept?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #33
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Because one of them didnt swing and miss 2 straight years. Pretty simple.
You do know he was injured until the second half of last season and had near zero practice time to develop. He did not "swing & miss" he got injured.

Quote:
2. Julius Thomas with first-team offense. A former basketball player at Portland State, Thomas received some "next Antonio Gates" hype during his 2011 rookie season. Just as quickly, he suffered the high-ankle sprain from Hades.
Thomas finally was healthy in the second half of last season and though he wasn't seen on the game-day roster, he started impressing coaches in practice.
His opportunity came this spring. The potential of adding a tight end freak to Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Eric Decker would give quarterback Peyton Manning arguably the most lethal reception group of his career.
"This was just the start," Thomas said. "I have to approach the next five weeks with a relentless attitude. And then I need the same thing once training camp starts and then in the games. By no means do I think I've accomplished anything so far."

Read more: Broncos safety David Bruton biggest surprise coming out of offseason - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2WJz4XI3S
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You do know he was injured until the second half of last season and had near zero practice time to develop. He did not "swing & miss" he got injured.
Swing= try to get on field/make impact. Miss= not getting on field/no impact.

This can happen by sucking or through injury.

Was it his fault he got injured? No. Has he made any impact yet? No.

Doesn't mean he can't start this year. DT started out the same way with injuries.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #35
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I don't understand why it's considered hype to report that he's looked like the best TE in practices and that he has a higher ceiling than the other TEs on the roster.
it's the brand new thing syndrome.
most felt Thomas was overdrafted to begin with. then he's been hurt and shown no return on the investment.
now you have Montee Ball who is a RB and the team and Fox have a history of doing really well with RB's.
Ball is brand new, wait til he doesn't break off a long TD run, missing a block or drops a pass.

then it's "Ball sucks! we should have drafted Lacy. WTF was Elway thinking!?"
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #36
Agamemnon

Quote:
The same people that nix the Julius Thomas hype are accepting without question the Monte Ball hype. Funny stuff.
Montee Ball is the all-time NCAA leader in rushing TDs. Julius Thomas did squat in college and has done squat through two years in the NFL. Yeah they are totally the same.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #37
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Swing= try to get on field/make impact. Miss= not getting on field/no impact.

This can happen by sucking or through injury.

Ya they're the same thing. gotta ya.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #38
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Montee Ball is the all-time NCAA leader in rushing TDs. Julius Thomas did squat in college and has done squat through two years in the NFL. Yeah they are totally the same.
BTW have you seen any Montee Ball hype pieces?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #39
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
By the way, have their been fluff pieces about how good ball has looked? I can't recall seeing any. Saw them for hillman
There was a fluff piece a couple years back about how smart M.Ball is and how quickly he's picking up the playbook.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #40
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
I am saying hype is hype either one or both could crash and burn or shine.

How can you accept one player's hype and ridicule the other's hype.
Baja, stay away from the mescal guy... your logic is that of a mad man. OJ has been in the league for 2 years and has done absolutely ZERO, which is just a little less than he did in college. Ball on the other hand has ran for over 3700 yards in the past 2 seasons and scored a total of 79 TD the past 3 years.

Knowshon Moreno in 2 years had 2700 and 32 ........ Huge advantage Ball
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #41
Bmore Manning

The 2013 Broncos offense might rival the 98 offense...

Tell me that's not a serious statement. I will give the benefit of the doubt because the game wasn't about high octane offenses, but seriously..?

Elway didn't even throw for 3,000 yards. Manning may throw for 5,000 this year. If JT and Montee emerge, this may be the best offense of all time. That's if Gase ment what he said about playing fast and scoring as many points as possible.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #42
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Where did I say he's ****? Simply stating a rookie or 3rd year player who hasn't put it together yet. Which one would people more accept?
Swings and misses was your comment. If we were grading him, I'd give him an incomplete.

Would you say osweiler swung and miss last year?

Last edited by SonOfLe-loLang; 06-15-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
The 2013 Broncos offense might rival the 98 offense...

Tell me that's not a serious statement. I will give the benefit of the doubt because the game wasn't about high octane offenses, but seriously..?

Elway didn't even throw for 3,000 yards. Manning may throw for 5,000 this year. If JT and Montee emerge, this may be the best offense of all time. That's if Gase ment what he said about playing fast and scoring as many points as possible.
Different game. Also, elway didn't throw for 3,000 because he didn't play in 4 of those games (and may have even sat during some other portions of blowouts)
Old 06-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #44
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
There was a fluff piece a couple years back about how smart M.Ball is and how quickly he's picking up the playbook.
Sure, but I've actually been looking for the OMG SO EXOLOSIVE IN PRACTICE/HE HAS MACHINE LIKE ABILITY TO FIND THE HOLE articles, but haven't seem any
Old 06-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #45
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thomas beating out Tamme as the primary receiving TE would be great. Obviously he needs to earn it though, not have it handed to him.

Interested to see Virgil Green too, he's not the athlete Thomas is but seems to have a much more well rounded skill set.

Should be an interesting training camp at the TE position. Do people expect we'll carry 4 on the roster again next year?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Thomas beating out Tamme as the primary receiving TE would be great. Obviously he needs to earn it though, not have it handed to him.

Interested to see Virgil Green too, he's not the athlete Thomas is but seems to have a much more well rounded skill set.

Should be an interesting training camp at the TE position. Do people expect we'll carry 4 on the roster again next year?
If they all play well, sure. We won't be carrying a fullback this year
Old 06-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #47
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Swings and misses was your comment. If we were grading him, I'd give him an incomplete.

Would you say osweiler swung and miss last year?
No. See my earlier post on what I believe swing and miss means. Brock didnt see the field in games but an injury would've put him below his development so far.

And that's 2 totally different examples since Brock wasn't expected to play yet.
Now if ball goes down in preseason, then goes down again next year of consider that a disappointment.

You can call it what you want(incomplete). I call 1 rec for 5 yards in 2 years a disappointment

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-15-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #48
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
No. See my earlier post on what I believe swing and miss means. Brock didnt see the field in games but an injury would've put him below his development so far.

And that's 2 totally different examples since Brock wasn't expected to play yet.
Now if ball goes down in preseason, then goes down again next year of consider that a disappointment.

You can call it what you want(incomplete). I call 1 rec for 5 yards in 2 years a disappointment
Julius Thomas was a 4th round development pick. He's entering his third year now after an injury plagued 2 seasons. You keep bringing up that stat as if he was consisently active and healthy.

If he's **** this year, then all the haters can b****. Until then, I'm cautiously optimistic
Old 06-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Julius Thomas was a 4th round development pick. He's entering his third year now after an injury plagued 2 seasons. You keep bringing up that stat as if he was consisently active and healthy.

If he's **** this year, then all the haters can b****. Until then, I'm cautiously optimistic
I want him to succeed too. I was just pointing the difference of excitement from fans between Ball and Thomas. There's excitement for ball cause he's just starting. With Thomas we've been disappointed due to injury, so some are getting hyped on his productive offseason.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-15-2013 at 03:56 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #50
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, Ball has had nothing but a track record of success. Orange Julius has never really had any measurable success, just potential

Yeah, he only made 1st team all conference in his only collegiate season playing football........
errand is offline   Reply With Quote