The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #226
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vail
Posts: 16,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You haven't been here long enough to know what that means but it was supposed to be rediculous. Irregardless, he was correct.
Fun fact: irregardless is a word. Redundant as hell, but it's a word.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #227
JPPT1974
List is Life!
 
JPPT1974's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Seymour TN
Posts: 152

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!
Default

He will land back on his feet somewhere. Just not in Denver!
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #228
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,648
Default

I just jizzed all over myself.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #229
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Actually I do think that Morano will start. Those last six games proved a lot to me.
No way Ball pulled that little bag way faster then Moreno can. In fact i checked and Moreno seperated his shoulder doing these drills.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #230
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,552
Default

Pretty sure Ball will start...but don't get the Knowshon hate. The dude gives it all he's got every single snap.

Gotta love it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #231
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 740

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
... Moreno is not starting.... you are ridicules.
We shall see! Moreno is a borderline superior pass blocker, and if you don't see this as a major skill set requirement in this offense - um - well i think you are wrong?

I hope Ball starts because that means he has nailed pass protection down faster than i anticipated. I just don't see it. And to call it ridiculous, well that's just ridiculous. Or however you want to spell it!
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #232
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,656

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

We need a RB that can give us 19 games not 6.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #233
Stuck in Cali
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Would be nice to see a back just hit the hole and not get happy feet in the backfield. As long as Ball can get his protections down we will be golden. Knowshon dances too much before he heads up field in my opinion.

Really feel that the depth chart will be..
1. M. Ball
2. Hilman
3. L. Ball (cause of special teams)
4. Moreno
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #234
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck in Cali View Post
Would be nice to see a back just hit the hole and not get happy feet in the backfield. As long as Ball can get his protections down we will be golden. Knowshon dances too much before he heads up field in my opinion.

Really feel that the depth chart will be..
1. M. Ball
2. Hilman
3. L. Ball (cause of special teams)
4. Moreno
You may be right, but I really hope its Hester over L.Ball

He can play special teams and I think he brings more to the table in the passing game, blocking and in pass pro.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:54 AM   #235
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Fun fact: irregardless is a word.
I don't disagree with this ... neither because it's not a real word nor a double negation.

This move really surprises me ... guys in here say they saw it coming, I don't remember seeing posts like that. One thing's for sure: With just Hillman and Knowshon as backups, they must reeeeally love some Montee.

Just ran into this Pre-2009 Draft analysis of Knowshon:


Quote:
At the combine, Moreno weighed 217 pounds and clocked in at 4.54 seconds in the 40-yard dash on FieldTurf. He was sick for pro day three weeks later, weighed 210 and ran 4.62 twice on a faster artificial surface.

A total of 15 running backs weighing 213 pounds or less were drafted in the first round from 1991-2008. Every last one of them ran a faster 40 than Moreno. One has to go all the way back to the 17th selection of the 1990 draft to find a first-round back who was lighter and slower than Moreno. His name was Emmitt Smith, who, at 5-9 and 200, managed to do rather well for himself with his 4.55 speed.

Joseph Addai (5-11, 214) and Cadillac Williams (5-11, 217) are backs of recent vintage with comparable size and style to Moreno. But Addai ran 4.40 and Williams clocked 4.45.

"(Moreno) runs hard, he's patient behind his blockers and he's explosive," another AFC scout said. "But do I think he will be all-pro? No. He doesn't have great speed or great size."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/43320792.html
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #236
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No way Ball pulled that little bag way faster then Moreno can. In fact i checked and Moreno seperated his shoulder doing these drills.
I want to see that! Truly I do. Everybody except a few on this team needs to earn there spot on the team.

As for having Morano as the starter. I Easton earn that spot from last years play. I haven't seen M. Ball earn it on this field. Its not to say that he wasn't a good player, but how many college superstars have we seen through the hard been unable to prove themselves at the next level.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #237
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Knowshon should not start. My reasoning? Mental retardation. I has it.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #238
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,047
Default

Despite his issues, Knowshon is young and could still turn out to be a very fine RB for Denver.

Especially as a key part of a stable of good backs.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #239
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
This move really surprises me ... guys in here say they saw it coming, I don't remember seeing posts like that.
Not to toot my own horn, but I suggested it multiple times. But then, I'm awesome. You should start reading my posts.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=27

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...postcount=2764

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=84

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=87

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=100
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #240
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Despite his issues, Knowshon is young and could still turn out to be a very fine RB for Denver.

Especially as a key part of a stable of good backs.
I think we all know what we have in Moreno: a slightly above average runner who can't stay healthy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #241
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Willis McGahee gone, but Broncos still like their stable of tailbacks

Read more: Willis McGahee gone, but Broncos still like their stable of tailbacks - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2WKA0lLvB
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook



http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ill-like-their
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #242
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Id be very shocked if we picked him up. Just dont see it happening. We dont need a fumbler.
As for who will start for you...i dont know but i do think you guys over look Hillman too much. He is a good player and remember, he was only a Sophomore when he entered the draft and he is a lot faster than Knowburst and Ball.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #243
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
Id be very shocked if we picked him up. Just dont see it happening. We dont need a fumbler.
As for who will start for you...i dont know but i do think you guys over look Hillman too much. He is a good player and remember, he was only a Sophomore when he entered the draft and he is a lot faster than Knowburst and Ball.
I like Moreno but that is the funniest play on his name ever.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #244
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Did decent work here....still dislike him for other reasons.

Next.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #245
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,855

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Did decent work here....still dislike him for other reasons.

Next.
How do I not know this?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #246
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
How do I not know this?
Lets just say a long time ago he used to be a very selfish player...about as selfish as possible at the worst time. I will leave it at that.

He was good for Denver and did yeomans work here though. Still...I don't get over grudges and I don't forget anything.
__________________


Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #247
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Lets just say a long time ago he used to be a very selfish player...about as selfish as possible at the worst time. I will leave it at that.

He was good for Denver and did yeomans work here though. Still...I don't get over grudges and I don't forget anything.
Must be a Miami Hurricane thingy...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #248
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Fun fact: irregardless is a word. Redundant as hell, but it's a word.
Hell is not redundant.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #249
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Hell is not redundant.
Are you sure about that?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #250
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,329

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Are you sure about that?
Positive. I'm Catholic so I know I'm only going there once and for all.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Denver Broncos