The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #26
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You seem to lack a grasp of what American policy has been since ww2. Everything is our business.
You need to define the "our."

The CIA exists to look after the interests of the financial elite -- Wall Street investment bankers.

These bastards have had a long love affair with foreign wars. More of the same here.

WW III here we come.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The reason ww3 won't happen is because the world power, the USA, the EU, The Soviets err Russian, the Chinese have no real reason to fight a war with each other. The superpowers have carved out power and figure its better this way then trying to fight another superpower for more.

It's more like a bunch of little wars that never really end more then 1 big one that involves many countries. The countries that would like to attack Israel just not powerful enough Gaff it would be suicide and over in months.

I just don't see a ww3. Maybe another Iraq but thats about it. But Obama won't put boots on the ground so.......
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #28
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You seem to lack a grasp of what American policy has been since ww2. Everything is our business.
That's the problem. It shouldn't be and cannot be.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #29
houghtam
Ring of Famer

War is Peace
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
That's the problem. It shouldn't be and cannot be.
Thats exactly how we played after ww1. But in the long run the staying out of things made even a worst war, world war 2. Since then America has been more hands on in the world.

i think w*gs honestly you will never see us with our head in the sand again. We are like the alpha dog who does not let the other dogs fight unless we say so.

I'm not saying it always works out, just letting you all know thats how it is for the rest of your lives as Americans. Get used to it.

Obama is probably as hands off, stay out of it, as any President you will get. Even Obama though can't stay out of it because the rest of the word looks to the USA. If we aren't there they will looks somewhere else and obviously our govt feels we don't want that.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #31
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Thats exactly how we played after ww1. But in the long run the staying out of things made even a worst war, world war 2. Since then America has been more hands on in the world.

i think w*gs honestly you will never see us with our head in the sand again. We are like the alpha dog who does not let the other dogs fight unless we say so.

I'm not saying it always works out, just letting you all know thats how it is for the rest of your lives as Americans. Get used to it.

Obama is probably as hands off, stay out of it, as any President you will get. Even Obama though can't stay out of it because the rest of the word looks to the USA. If we aren't there they will looks somewhere else and obviously our govt feels we don't want that.
Are you familiar with the concept of Perpetual War?

Like I said, silent complicity is a major theme of 1984. You ought to give it a read sometime. You might not be so okay with that concept if you actually understood what it meant, and what its implications were for both someone like you and your fellow citizens.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

BS. Life goes on and it will never be fair for some people. Just how it is.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

And yes i will take perpetual small wars over big ones anyday. They are just like earthquakes.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #34
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And yes i will take perpetual small wars over big ones anyday. They are just like earthquakes.
Small or big does not matter, it's continuity that is important. As long as the government is spending money and resources waging war, they can claim that money and those resources are not available to improve the quality of life for the general public.

As long as people like you are willing to fuel the military industrial complex with no questions asked, it will never end. What's worse is that it directly contributes to everyone's continued subservience and misery, including your own.

The fact that you not only accept but willingly trumpet the policy of Perpetual War sickens me. You are a puppet.

Ask yourself:

How many years of peace have we had since World War II?

What have we gained by these perpetual "small" wars?

What have you gained?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

We've taken on a different role in the world since WWII. We waged a cold war with the other super power. Then we became the only super power and the world police. It's expensive to Americans, and it creates hatred towards us. The only ones who benefit are the military industrial complex.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #36
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
We've taken on a different role in the world since WWII. We waged a cold war with the other super power. Then we became the only super power and the world police. It's expensive to Americans, and it creates hatred towards us. The only ones who benefit are the military industrial complex.
Well they have paid our elected for the privilege.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Are you familiar with the concept of Perpetual War?

Like I said, silent complicity is a major theme of 1984. You ought to give it a read sometime. You might not be so okay with that concept if you actually understood what it meant, and what its implications were for both someone like you and your fellow citizens.
Perpetual war became official government policy by the late 1960s --

check out the Report from Iron Mountain --

http://www.thelightgate.com/IRON%20M...NG%20PAPER.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtyEAttEthQ
Old 06-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #38
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Ron Paul blasts Obama for arming Syrian rebels

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle35292.htm
Old 06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Will history repeat itself? How many criticize us for arming the rebels in Afghanistan during Reagan's tenure. While I think this is a worse situation, I think staying out of this (publically) is the best option.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama will do just enough to make it look like hes doing something.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #41
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Obama will do just enough to make it look like hes doing something.
Sometimes doing nothing publically is doing something.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #42
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama is crap. What President just send arms without laying out his plan for the war and what our goals are? He has no friggin idea. His plan is to send some weapons and hopefully these next 3 1/2 yr go by really fast. Liberals should be puking their guts out that they voted for this turd. What a fraud and horrible leader he is. You can see it througout his whole administration. Inept and corupt, the worst combination.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #43
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Sometimes doing nothing publically is doing something.
BS he has had no plan since Egypt. he stinks.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #44
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
How do you take my post and think Obama is doing a great job on this situation? What I said is doing nothing publically is doing something. He is actually doing something publically and can back fire later.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #45
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
BS. The plan is the same. It has not changed -- though the strategy may have evolved.

It's Wall Street calling the shots. Obama dances to their tune -- he is their puppet.

As Ron Paul indicated in the recent interview -- the financial elite need another war to distract the American people from the terrible economy. There is no recovery.

Don't believe it? I suggest you read Paul Craig Roberts' new book THE FAILURE OF LAISSEZ FAIRE CAPITALISM.

It will shock the hell out of you. Oh I forgot. You don't read books.
MHG
Old 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
How do you take my post and think Obama is doing a great job on this situation? What I said is doing nothing publically is doing something. He is actually doing something publically and can back fire later.
Cut lashes out at any post which does not spew his rhetoric line for line. Even when someone who generally agrees with him posts something he will attack them, not even realizing they are saying the same thing in a different way. He doesn't read, and he's a puppet.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So I disagree that his doing nothing is some sort of plan. Big deal. His plan is to not have a plan so he can say its not my fault. Then blame some BS chemical weapons red line to ship arms? I wasn't attacking broncocalijohn just expressing myself. Obama is horrible at everything but giving a decent speech once in awhile.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #48
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Report: Russia to Send Marines to Syria

By Vladimir Isachenkov
The Associated Press

June 18, 2013 "Information Clearing House - "AP" -- MOSCOW
Two Russian navy ships are completing preparations to sail to Syria with a unit of marines on a mission to protect Russian citizens and the nation's base there, a news report said Monday. The deployment appears to reflect Moscow's growing concern about Syrian President Bashar Assad's future.

The Interfax news agency quoted an unidentified Russian navy official as saying that the two amphibious landing vessels, Nikolai Filchenkov and Caesar Kunikov, will be heading shortly to the Syrian port of Tartus, but didn't give a precise date.

The official said the ships will carry an unspecified number of marines to protect Russians in Syria and evacuate some equipment from Tartus, if necessary.

Each ship is capable of carrying up to 300 marines and a dozen tanks, according to Russian media reports. That would make it the largest known Russian troop deployment to Syria, signaling that Moscow is becoming increasingly uneasy about Syria's slide toward civil war.

Interfax also quoted a deputy Russian air force chief as saying that Russia will give the necessary protection to its citizens in Syria.

"We must protect our citizens," Maj.-Gen. Vladimir Gradusov was quoted as saying. "We won't abandon the Russians and will evacuate them from the conflict zone, if necessary."

Asked whether the air force would provide air support for the navy squadron, Gradusov said they will act on orders.

The Defense Ministry had no immediate comment, and an official at the Black Sea fleet declined to comment.

Asked if the Pentagon is concerned about the plan, officials in Washington said it depends on the mission. They had no comment on the stated goal of protecting Russian citizens and the Russian military position there, something the U.S. would do in a foreign country if in a similar situation.

"I think we'd leave it to the Russian Ministry of Defense to speak to their naval movements and their national security decision-making process," said Capt. John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, adding that it's not the business of the U.S. Defense Department to "endorse or disapprove of an internal mission like that."

What would greatly concern the U.S., he said, is if the Russian naval ships were taking weapons or sending people to support the Assad regime in its crackdown.

"The secretary of defense (Leon Panetta) remains concerned about any efforts by external countries or external organizations to supply lethal arms to the Syrian regime so that they can turn around and use those to kill their own people," Kirby said.

Tartus is Russia's only naval base outside the former Soviet Union, serving Russian navy ships on missions to the Mediterranean and hosting an unspecified number of military personnel.

Russian officials have said that other Russian navy ships that have called at Tartus this year also had marines on board, but it has remained unclear whether they rotated the troops at Tartus or simply protected the ships during their mission and returned home.

Russia also has an unspecified number of military advisers teaching Syrians how to use Russian weapons, which make up the bulk of Syrian arsenals.

Syria is Russia's last remaining ally in the Middle East, and has been a major customer of Soviet and Russian weapons industries for the last four decades, acquiring billions of dollars worth of combat jets, helicopters, missiles, armored vehicles and other military gear.

Russia has shielded Assad's regime from international sanctions over its violent crackdown on protests. Moscow also has continued to provide Syria with arms, despite Western calls for a halt in supplies.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton issued a harsh reprimand of Russia last week, when she said that Moscow "dramatically" escalated the crisis in Syria by sending attack helicopters there. The State Department acknowledged later the helicopters she accused Moscow of sending were actually refurbished ones already owned by the Assad regime, but Russia was clearly annoyed, and the spat further fueled tensions ahead of President Barack Obama's meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Mexico on Monday.

Opposition groups say more than 14,000 people have been killed since the Syrian uprising began in March 2011 with mostly peaceful protests against Assad's autocratic regime. But a ferocious government crackdown led many to take up arms, and the conflict is now an armed insurgency.

Russia has criticized Assad for slow reforms and heavy-handed use of force, but has strongly opposed any sanctions or foreign interference in Syrian affairs.

Pauline Jelinek contributed to this report from Washington
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #49
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Like I said -- WW III here we come.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #50
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Where's the proof that Assad used nerve gas? Has the US presented one iota of evidence? No. Two letters, "N" and "O" says it all. MHG

US Proxy War In Syria
Obama Is Making Us De Facto Allies Of Al-Qaida

By Patrick J. Buchanan

June 18, 2013 "Information Clearing House --
Barack Obama has just taken his first baby steps into a war in Syria that may define and destroy his presidency.

Thursday, while he was ringing in Gay Pride Month with LGBT revelers, a staffer, Ben Rhodes, informed the White House press that U.S. weapons will be going to the Syrian rebels.

For two years Obama has stayed out of this sectarian-civil war that has consumed 90,000 lives. Why is he going in now?

The White House claims it now has proof Bashar Assad used sarin gas to kill 100-150 people, thus crossing a "red line" Obama had set down as a "game changer." Defied, his credibility challenged, he had to do something.

Yet Assad's alleged use of sarin to justify U.S. intervention seems less like our reason for getting into this war than our excuse.

For the White House decided to intervene weeks ago, before the use of sarin was confirmed. And why would Assad have used only tiny traces? Where is the photographic evidence of the disfigured dead?

What proof have we the rebels did not fabricate the use of sarin or use it themselves to get the gullible Americans to fight their war?

Yet, why would President Obama, whose proud boast is that he will have extricated us from the Afghan and Iraq wars, as Dwight Eisenhower did from the Korean War, plunge us into a new war?

He has been under severe political and foreign pressure to do something after Assad and Hezbollah recaptured the strategic town of Qusair and began preparing to recapture Aleppo, the largest city.

Should Assad succeed, it would mean a decisive defeat for the rebels and their backers: the Turks, Saudis and Qataris. And it would mean a geostrategic victory for Iran, Hezbollah and Russia, who have proven themselves reliable allies.

To prevent this defeat and humiliation, we are now going to ship arms and ammunition to keep the rebels going and in control of enough territory to negotiate a peace that will remove Assad.

We are going to make this a fair fight.

What is wrong with this strategy? It is the policy of an amateur. It treats war like a game. It ignores the lessons of history. And, as it continues a bloodbath with no prospect of an end to it, it is immoral.

In every great civil war of modernity the Russian civil war of 1919-1921, the Spanish civil war of 1936-1939, the Chinese civil war of 1945-49, one side triumphs and takes power.

The other loses and lives with the consequences defeat, death, exile.

What is the likely reaction to our escalation from humanitarian aid to military aid? Counter-escalation. Russia, Iran and Hezbollah are likely to rush in more weapons and troops to accelerate the progress of Assad's army before the American weapons arrive.

And if they raise and call, what does Obama do?

Already, a clamor is being heard from our clients in the Middle East and Congress to crater Syria's runways with cruise missiles, to send heavy weapons to the rebels, to destroy Assad's air force on the ground, to bomb his antiaircraft sites.

All of these are acts of war. Yet under the Constitution, Congress alone authorizes war.

When did Congress authorize Obama to take us to war in Syria? Where does our imperial president get his authority to draw red lines and attack countries that cross them?

Have we ceased to be a republic? Has Congress become a mere spectator to presidential decisions on war and peace?

As Vladimir Putin seems less the reluctant warrior, what do we do if Moscow answers the U.S. escalation by delivering on its contract to provide A-300 antiaircraft missiles to Damascus, which can cover half of Israel?

Obama has put us on the escalator to a war already spilling over Syria's borders into Turkey, Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan, a war that is now sundering the entire Middle East along Sunni and Shia lines.

He is making us de facto allies of the Al-Qaida-like al-Nusra Front, of Hamas and jihadists from all across the region, and of the Muslim Brotherhood. Egypt's President Mohammed Morsi just severed ties to Syria and is demanding a "no-fly zone," which one imagines the United States, not the Egyptian air force, would have to enforce.

Our elites shed tears over the 90,000 dead in Syria. But what we are about to do will not stop the killing, but simply lengthen the duration of the war and increase the numbers of dead and wounded.

At the top of this escalator our country has begun to ascend is not just a proxy war with Iran in Syria, but a real war that would entail a disaster for the world economy.

If the ouster of Assad is what the Sunni powers of Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Egypt demand, why not let them do it?

Anti-interventionists should demand a roll-call vote in Congress on whether Obama has the authority to take us into this Syrian war.

Patrick J. Buchanan is the author of "Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?" To find out more about Patrick Buchanan and read features by other Creators writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators webpage at www.creators.com.