The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #1976
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Future of the Coyotes will be decided real soon. I don't see how they end up staying in Phoenix. Seattle or Quebec are the landing spots.
unless the Leafs allow Toronto to have another team i don't see them going for another Canadian city. Seattle more than likely will get the team.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #1977
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Looks like they gave Ovechkin the Hart what a joke. Maybe the Lindsay as well. Lindsay I can't fathom. Crosby is the consensus choice....there isn't even an argument there. I don't get that at all....that wasn't even up for debate.

****ing piece of **** Orpik. You cost Sid 3 trophies. Buy that b**** out. Its not enough that he is worthless...he has to go further. **** him. Just leave Brooks. Just ****ing pass away already.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-15-2013 at 11:13 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1978
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Looks like they gave Ovechkin the Hart what a joke. Maybe the Lindsay as well. Lindsay I can't fathom. Crosby is the consensus choice....there isn't even an argument there. I don't get that at all....that wasn't even up for debate.

****ing piece of **** Orpik. You cost Sid 3 trophies. Buy that b**** out. Its not enough that he is worthless...he has to go further. **** him. Just leave Brooks. Just ****ing pass away already.

I love your rants
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #1979
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1h
Rangers players had a say in the decision to release Tortorella. They did had a say in the decision on Alain Vigneault being the next coach.

I thought Torts was so loved by the players and the organization. Makes you go hmmm
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #1980
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1h
Rangers players had a say in the decision to release Tortorella. They did had a say in the decision on Alain Vigneault being the next coach.

I thought Torts was so loved by the players and the organization. Makes you go hmmm
A request was made by Sather and Tirts refused to budge from his stance, that's the reason. The requests?

It dealt with system chane and a reliance on more of their young talent coming up.

Player views had little to do. Same as the hiring of AV, otherwise Mess would have been hired.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #1981
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
A request was made by Sather and Tirts refused to budge from his stance, that's the reason. The requests?

It dealt with system chane and a reliance on more of their young talent coming up.

Player views had little to do. Same as the hiring of AV, otherwise Mess would have been hired.
I'll take Lavoie at his word, he's one of the best in the business.

Saying that Torts isn't high on young players is stating the obvious. His style is one of being tough and expecting a lot of discipline, something that is a bit of a learning curve for most young players. We saw Kreider have issues with this as an example.

When you have a coach that expects as much as Torts does, it wears thin if you are not winning or generating anything. I'm sure players were frustrated that they were sacrificing to the max only to watch the opponent play in their zone all the time and taking a beating with no real chance to advance.

The young players thing is an excuse. Everyone and their mom knows Torts is not fond of young guys due to their bonehead plays from time to time and lack of discipline, 2 things that make Torts AWOL.

It was just time. It's human nature for guys giving that much to finally turn on Torts. He's just the type that can't last very long wherever he goes. I actually think he lasted pretty long in NY by his standards.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1982
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

it's not Ovie's fault that Sidney is fragile like a piece of glass.
don't hate #Ovierules
Old 06-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #1983
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
it's not Ovie's fault that Sidney is fragile like a piece of glass.
don't hate #Ovierules
He is so unworthy it makes me sick. Dude plays like **** for half the year and stupid writers think he is more valuable cause he led them back into it? Whose ****ing fault was it that they were in that hole to begin with?

This is such a garbage argument. One guy misses HALF the year because he SUCKS and his one great half is more important than a guy who is great for
THREE QUARTERS of the year and he is out because some douchebag teammate shoots a puck at him? How is that fair.

And he won the Lindsay too? How is that possible? All the dbags who made the MVP doesn't mean best player argument have to at least concede the Lindsey but the morons in the NHLPA apparently are on cocaine. That wasn't even in dispute that he was far better than Ovie this year. The Lindsay wasn't even in dispute.

This whole process is a sham. It taints the whole thing.

The one good thing about this is now I can be a ****off at work half the time and I won't be denied a promotion. I'll have some precedent to take to the personnel board as to why I should still get it.

****ing morons. Because of one douchebag Sid got robbed of 3 awards. It's not enough that you ****ing suck and started that stupid whisper thing a few years ago Brooksie. You had to go further, you are a traitor to your captain. You were before when you questioned his C anonymously and you did it again.

Sid needs to order that Orpik be bout out. Order it done. Get out you ****ing piece of ****. Get the **** out. Get out or you might accidently get a skate to the wrong area. Revenge.....it's coming b****.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-15-2013 at 02:54 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1984
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
He is so unworthy it makes me sick. Dude plays like **** for half the year and stupid writers think he is more valuable cause he led them back into it? Whose ****ing fault was it that they were in that hole to begin with?

This is such a garbage argument. One guy misses HALF the year because he SUCKS and his one great half is more important than a guy who is great for
THREE QUARTERS of the year and he is out because some douchebag teammate shoots a puck at him? How is that fair.

And he won the Lindsay too? How is that possible? All the dbags who made the MVP doesn't mean best player argument have to at least concede the Lindsey but the morons in the NHLPA apparently are on cocaine. That wasn't even in dispute that he was far better than Ovie this year. The Lindsay wasn't even in dispute.

The one good thing about this is now I can be a ****off at work half the time and I won't be denied a promotion. I'll have some precedent to take to the personnel board as to why I should still get it.

****ing morons. Because of one douchebag Sid got robbed of 3 awards. It's not enough that you ****ing suck and started that stupid whisper thing a few years ago Brooksie. You had to go further, you are a traitor to your captain. You were before when you questioned his C anonymously and you did it again.

Sid needs to order that Orpik be bout out. Order it done. Get out you ****ing piece of ****. Get the **** out. Get out or you might accidently get a skate to the wrong area. Revenge.....it's coming b****.
Ovechkin is MUCH more valuable to the Caps than Crosby is to the Penguins - it is not even close. Ovechkin deserved the MVP and if the Blue Jackets had the made the playoffs Crosby shouldn't even have been a finalist for the Hart trophy.

I think there is a very valid argument to be made that Crosby deserves the Lindsay, he was the best player in the league this year.

As for the scoring title, if you can't stay healthy you can't win it - them is the rules of the game. If it was a fluke injury and Crosby had a long history of being healthy I would feel bad, but Crosby has NEVER played a full season and in half the seasons he has played he has missed at least 33% of the regular season. In 8 seasons he has missed 152 games, that is nearly 2 full regular seasons or 25% of the games he could have played in.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #1985
turbodaze

Any Winnipeg Jets fans in here?

I'm assuming not?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #1986
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Ovechkin is MUCH more valuable to the Caps than Crosby is to the Penguins - it is not even close. Ovechkin deserved the MVP and if the Blue Jackets had the made the playoffs Crosby shouldn't even have been a finalist for the Hart trophy.

I think there is a very valid argument to be made that Crosby deserves the Lindsay, he was the best player in the league this year.

As for the scoring title, if you can't stay healthy you can't win it - them is the rules of the game. If it was a fluke injury and Crosby had a long history of being healthy I would feel bad, but Crosby has NEVER played a full season and in half the seasons he has played he has missed at least 33% of the regular season. In 8 seasons he has missed 152 games, that is nearly 2 full regular seasons or 25% of the games he could have played in.
No he isn't. He was the principal reason they struggled the first half of the year...how valuable was that to the team?

Answer me...how valuable was that to his team? He ****ing created that hole. So he was able to clean up his own **** up..he deserves a medal?

WTF is this...the special Olympics?

GTFOOH with that nonsense.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #1987
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I want Orpik to pay for this. You ****ing traitor. You better pay for this. You didn't pay for the whisper thing...you are going to pay for this. Get rid of him Ray. Get ****ing rid of him.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #1988
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
No he isn't. He was the principal reason they struggled the first half of the year...how valuable was that to the team?

Answer me...how valuable was that to his team? He ****ing created that hole. So he was able to clean up his own **** up..he deserves a medal?

No, he wasn't. The entire team struggled adapting to the new system Oates implemented without a real training camp before the start of the regular season.

IIRC, the Devils and Ilya also struggled two seasons ago when they implemented a similar system (with Oates as an AC), before they also turned things around once the players got experience in it.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #1989
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Herc everyone had a short camp this year and several teams had new systems with with new coaches. Give me a break.

Look you apparently won both....props to you....I don't see it as legit and I never will. Just let it be...we will never agree.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #1990
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Congrats to Ovie.

Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin are the top 3 players in the league. IMO.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #1991
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Congrats to Ovie.

Ovie, Stamkos, Malkin are the top 3 players in the league. IMO.
Christ....

Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #1992
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Incredibly valuable, when he plays bad the team plays bad, when he plays good the team plays good. Without Ovechkin playing at his best the team is garbage. The Penguins won more games without Crosby than they did with Crosby, in fact he has negative value for his team.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #1993
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

Ovie was the MVP. Sidney has a great start to the season but he wasn't there when it mattered down the stretch when Ovie was.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #1994
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Incredibly valuable, when he plays bad the team plays bad, when he plays good the team plays good. Without Ovechkin playing at his best the team is garbage. The Penguins won more games without Crosby than they did with Crosby, in fact he has negative value for his team.
8 or 9 is more than 27 or 28? PIT was like .777 with him and .666 without him. Is .666 better than .777? In what world is .666 better than .777 and in what world is 8 a greater number of wins than 28?

Seriously if you are going to just make up objectively false ****, just ****ing stop.

I can make up objectively false stuff too. The sky is red. There.

Yes...a guy who averages over 1.5 ppg and is a way way plus player has negative value. I know you aren't this stupid, so I'm guessing you are trolling to get a reaction. Yes?

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-15-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #1995
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Crosby wins Lindsay.

Still pissed about the Hart.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #1996
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Thanks alot Brooks. Hope you get your own comeuppance soon enough.

Helene Elliot of the LA Times is going to get an angry email. Stupid ****.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #1997
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

To break things down over the 8 seasons since the lockout:

Ovechkin
5-Time 1st Team All-Star (assuming #6 this season)
1 2nd Team All-Star
3 Hart Trophies
3 Pearson/Lindsey Trophies
3 Richards
1 Art Ross
Calder Trophy

Malkin
3-Time 1st Team All-Star
1 Hart
1 Lindsey
2 Art Ross
Conn Smythe Trophy
Calder Trophy

Crosby
1 1st Team All-Star (would assume #2 this season)
1 2nd Team All-Star
1 Hart
2 Pearson/Lindsey
1 Art Ross
1 Richard

We should all congratulate Sid tonight, the Generational Talent still has the second best resume on his own team, but he's gaining on Malkin.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #1998
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lol. Herc has to rely on injuries to win. I'm waiting for him to win something other than the Richard without external help.

Oh and you left out the Cup and the Golden Goal.

I applaud Alex for making it to the second round a couple times. Studly.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #1999
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I believe I congratulated Malkin with the Conn Smythe acknowledgement. So that was pointed out. Sorry it wasn't Generational Sid that came through with that one.

And people would acknowledge the injuries, if it WASN'T SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED EVERY ****ING SEASON.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #2000
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
I believe I congratulated Malkin with the Conn Smythe acknowledgement. So that was pointed out. Sorry it wasn't Generational Sid that came through with that one.

And people would acknowledge the injuries, if it WASN'T SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED EVERY ****ING SEASON.
Yeah he didn't contribute anything to that Cup....what was I thinking. 31 points in a playoff tournament sucks. Dude especially sucked against the Caps....in Game 7 in particular. But yeah let's kill him cause he and Zetterberg neutralized each other. When you can even get to a single Final or ECF....ill take your argument more seriously. What's next Bob giving dating advice?

And yes the injuries seem to happen every year. Its heartbreaking but nothing can be done about it.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 06-15-2013 at 06:08 PM..